free hit counter
Can You Imagine the Coverage If It Were Dogs? - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Media Media personalities, coverage, etc. including social media like facebook and twitter

Old April 12th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Space Invaders Champion Breakout Champion Bejeweled Blitz  Champion Bejeweled 2 Champion Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion Classic Breakout Champion Medieval Archer Champion Air Blobs Easy Champion Hexed Champion Ancient jewels 2 Champion Bejeweled 3 Champion

Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of
Default Can You Imagine the Coverage If It Were Dogs?

While not specifically commenting on abortion, It's interesting the difference in coverage you get depending on where the MSM sides on an issue.
Can You Imagine the Coverage If It Were Dogs?
By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | April 12th, 2013 at 04:30 AM

Last night on twitter, Dave Weigel of Slate noted he was just hearing from twitterers about the gruesome trial of Kermit Gosnell. Those who care about the story owe a tremendous debt to Kirsten Powers taking to the pages of USA Today to write about it.

It is fascinating how much of a bubble the media lives in with that bubble so DC-NYC centric. It is again one of the problems for news organizations like CNN as it tries to rebuild. With the exception of Fox News, the American news networks focus on the things people along the coast are interested in and not what people along the American river valleys are talking about.

In churches, local restaurants, and small town hair salons a lot of people across the country are talking about the terrible trial of Kermit Gosnell in Pennsylvania. It’s just not the people who interact with those who produce the news in New York City.

In fairness to CNN, unlike many other mainstream media outlets, it covered the Gosnell arrest back in 2011, but moved on. Only Fox, which is the number one news network largely because it actually cares what people outside the DC-NYC bubble care about, has stayed with the story.

Gosnell is now on trial two years after his arrest. The stories coming from the trial via the few outlets willing to pay attention are horrific and gruesome. But what’s more, similar stories are trickling out from other abortion clinics. The uncommon barbarism of Kermit Gosnell’s clinic turns out to be more common than most might imagine.

Can You Imagine the Coverage If It Were Dogs? | RedState
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:09 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 148
Liked 2,131 in 1,775 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Reporters are 99.99% ideological hacks. Liberal Ideological Hacks. If there is a thought in their heads independent from the group liberal think they quietly smother it in it's sleep for it's own good.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Last edited by walruskkkch; April 12th, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Space Invaders Champion Breakout Champion Bejeweled Blitz  Champion Bejeweled 2 Champion Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion Classic Breakout Champion Medieval Archer Champion Air Blobs Easy Champion Hexed Champion Ancient jewels 2 Champion Bejeweled 3 Champion

Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
Reporters are 99.99% ideological hacks. Liberal Ideological Hacks. If there is a thought in their heads independent from the group liberal think they quietly smother it in it's sleep for it's own good.
Looks like that individual thought is getting an easier death than those fetuses at Gosnell's clinic.
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:24 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

It's why they put concentration camps in the woods and why every German within 20 miles all said "We didn't know what was happening". Lot easier to avoid the moral hazard that way. On this story the media is doing the equivalent of putting their hands on their ears and saying "LA LA LA, I can't hear you".

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Tetris Champion Tetris 2 Champion Speedy Thief Champion

Likes Given: 193
Liked 255 in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
masterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to behold

I was on another board today and mentioned that I was for the legalization of pot, and was promptly accused of being a liberal with a live and let die attitude, [whatever that means] they then compared pot to abortion, saying that pot and abortion are both quick killers. Abortion is murder, especially as in the case of doc gosnell. Pot I believe has never killed anyone.

Last edited by masterminion; April 12th, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: one more sentence
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:43 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Well Pot can kill you, especially if you get hit over the head with one.

Quote:
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Tetris Champion Tetris 2 Champion Speedy Thief Champion

Likes Given: 193
Liked 255 in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
masterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
Well Pot can kill you, especially if you get hit over the head with one.
How did you respond to my post before I was through posting it?
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:15 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

I live in your head.

Oh, and tidy the place up a bit. Maybe some new paint.

Quote:
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:11 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 638
Liked 1,669 in 1,470 Posts
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

The Red State is curiously naive.

The reason for the media silence on this horrific trial - I'm getting the goods on it from British newspapers - isn't that they aren't aware of it since they live in NYC. The reason is that they don't want to bloody cover it because it undermines a key liberal faith tenet, and so the proles must not know.

By the way - this goes to prove that one of the more common arguments of liberals when discussing media bias, namely that media only follows sensationalism and the quick titillating outrage in its reports in order to maximize income - is so much bunk. In this trial we have everything. Outright mass murder (no matter what you think of abortion, pretty much everyone but feminists think killing children who have already been born is such), corruption, medial malpractice on a epic scale, leaving hundreds of victims, reports routinely ignored by the medical oversight bodies for decades, lurid details of how janitors were employed to snip spinal cords when they couldn't find a nurse, the doc's collection of hundreds of aborted baby feet in jars... frankly, this would be a glorious story for any media outlet looking for viewers and ad impressions.

But that's not what MSM is about. MSM is about pushing dems and explaining how much women and minorities suffer from capitalism and white male rule.
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:45 AM

Liked 975 in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
The Red State is curiously naive.

The reason for the media silence on this horrific trial - I'm getting the goods on it from British newspapers - isn't that they aren't aware of it since they live in NYC. The reason is that they don't want to bloody cover it because it undermines a key liberal faith tenet, and so the proles must not know.

By the way - this goes to prove that one of the more common arguments of liberals when discussing media bias, namely that media only follows sensationalism and the quick titillating outrage in its reports in order to maximize income - is so much bunk. In this trial we have everything. Outright mass murder (no matter what you think of abortion, pretty much everyone but feminists think killing children who have already been born is such), corruption, medial malpractice on a epic scale, leaving hundreds of victims, reports routinely ignored by the medical oversight bodies for decades, lurid details of how janitors were employed to snip spinal cords when they couldn't find a nurse, the doc's collection of hundreds of aborted baby feet in jars... frankly, this would be a glorious story for any media outlet looking for viewers and ad impressions.

But that's not what MSM is about. MSM is about pushing dems and explaining how much women and minorities suffer from capitalism and white male rule.
In addition you have sub story of Gosnell treating white women differently from black women. He assumed that white women were more likely to turn him in than black women were. You're correct in pointing out that a sensational story is only sensational if it doesn't harm the liberal agenda.