free hit counter
Defeating the Tea Party key to GOP future - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Old December 20th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Defeating the Tea Party key to GOP future

"The way you have a good election year is to nominate people that can win. That’s what we did in 2014, is we didn’t have any more Christine O'Donnells, Sharron Angles, Richard Mourdock and Todd Akins,” McConnell said at a year-end press conference, ticking off candidates that blew Senate races in 2010 and 2012 that Republicans thought they could win.

Read more: Mitch McConnell: GOP election year needs 'people who can win' to keep the Senate - POLITICO

Seems pretty basic, but all too often it gets forgotten around here.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old December 21st, 2015, 06:32 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,828 in 1,622 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Yep. Getting CoC GOP in sure makes a huge difference to policies. I mean, the last omnibus is nothing like the Dems would ever do, right?
Old December 21st, 2015, 06:31 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

You mean the deal that Tea Party member Paul Ryan struck?

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:33 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Heh, that's funny. Your idea of condemnation is that the Tea Party comes up with candidates who end up being co-opted and turning out just like your own team?

Yeah, that's tragic.
Old December 26th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
Heh, that's funny. Your idea of condemnation is that the Tea Party comes up with candidates who end up being co-opted and turning out just like your own team?

Yeah, that's tragic.

Co-opted? He's the Speaker of the House. Furthermore I didn't condemn him. I simply pointed out his roots. I'm a rational guy. I understand that Reagan would be thrown out of today's Tea Party. Damned amnesty loving liberal Democrat posing as a conservative just turned his back when Islamic Jihad attacked our Marines. He doesn't want to secure our borders, doesn't have the spine to stand up to terrorists, and filling the courts with liberals like Sandra Day O'Connor. Truth is though, I happen to love the guy. I think he's the best damned President of my lifetime. You can feel free to elaborate on how much of a liberal that makes me. I understand that everyone makes mistakes, and that not every politician will agree with me on every issue. Did Ryan screw up on this one? Absolutely. Does that mean I should grab my torch and pitchfork and run him out of Washington? Not just yet. See? I'm a little too rational to be a tea bagger, that's all.

Old December 27th, 2015, 06:37 PM
€COM#1

Reagan had the pretty convincing excuse that he was fighting to save the world from nuclear conflagration and total totalitarian take-over. Managing that, all his other policies are neither here and there. Turning the US into a dump for the refuse of the third world is pretty small potatoes compared to ten thousand mushroom clouds.

But what is McCain's, Jeb's and Paul's excuse, exactly?
Old December 31st, 2015, 07:39 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

Lmao. You're pretending that tea baggers would listen to a rational argument. How cute.

Old January 1st, 2016, 02:46 PM
€COM#1

No excuse. I see.
Old January 1st, 2016, 05:04 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
No excuse. I see.

I don't think I like any of those guys, why would I have an excuse for them. I'm not sure which "Paul" you mean since you were interchanging first and last names.

Old January 2nd, 2016, 04:59 AM
€COM#1

And yet you have such contempt for those who need no excuses and such abject admiration and loyalty to those who do.