free hit counter
Vending Machines Required to Post Calories - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Old January 1st, 2014, 10:58 AM

Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of
Default Vending Machines Required to Post Calories

More ObamaCare stupidity.

To me, this is completely nuts. If you're eating food out of a vending machine, most likely you already know it's not the healthiest choice, don't care, and aren't really interested in being educated about it at that point.

Vending Machines Must Post Calorie Counts Under Obamacare, Industry Says ‘Outrageous’ New Regulation Goes Too Far

2 Likes this

Last edited by lilpogie; January 1st, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:26 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,828 in 1,622 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Yeah. Like baby momma will stop to read calorie counts while buying half a vending machine with her EBT card on her way to Walmart.
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:05 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Just another regulatory cost to make things more expensive and empower the state.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloďse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
3 Likes this
Old January 1st, 2014, 02:49 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

The nutrition info is already on the bags. They should just put them in backwards so it will be facing the front. lol.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Post liked by
Old January 1st, 2014, 04:55 PM

Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of

Business people ( as well as all other people) really need to start fighting back. The ever omnipresent nanny state is going to swallow us all if we don't.
Post liked by
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:36 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Too late. The people have granted their politicians the green light to allow the regulatory state to work it's voodoo for the good of the people.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloďse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:06 AM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel View Post
Business people ( as well as all other people) really need to start fighting back. The ever omnipresent nanny state is going to swallow us all if we don't.
It's the old problem again. Business people by definition do not have time to "get organized" and play the game of political pull. Only the people who own the institutions and get paid to peddle their politics do, and we all know who won the institutions.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:12 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
The nutrition info is already on the bags. They should just put them in backwards so it will be facing the front. lol.
I have a funny true story about this...

I was chief engineer of a large industrial power laundry back in the early 90s. Building was over 100 years old, was pier and beam construction with wood floors still, I shit you not. Anyhow, of course it had a mice problem.

Place was doing hospital laundry, surgical stuff, gowns and etc for two major hospitals in the area and a Air Force base nearby, and for the VA Hospital too. Big deal, 30,000 lbs a week processed. And all of these customers as you can guess, are puritanical as hell about the product. If it became known generally there was a mouse problem, the place could lose those contracts.

I wanted to trap them (Poison of course was out of the question, we need to control where these rodents end up) - but the hispanic ladies in the flatwork department didn't want the little mouseys hurt. The feckless plant manager - who was the son of the owner - didn't see mice as a really big issue unless the customers found out about it. So, nothing had been done.

Anyhow - one morning I was called to the employee lunch room. I get there and this plant manager, Ken, was nonplussed looking at the candy/chips vending machine. Mice had somehow gotten in overnight, and he had the door of the machine open looking at the damage.

The little shits had their tastes - the row of snickers looked like a bomb had gone off in it, as did the Reece's peanut butter cups row. But the rest of the rows of goods were looking just fine, that is until one inspected the goods more closely.

The mice had..... chewed open for sampling.... every.... last.... package in that machine. Just little round holes in a corner of each package. Fritos corn chips? Yep, every one of them chewed open. Cheetos? Yep. Everything.

So all this product had to go in the garbage... And I am looking at Ken unloading this machine and wondering if now maybe he would like to consider doing something about the mice. I pop off, "They're a thorough bunch aren't they?" And Ken's reply and my retort are all-time classic.

Ken, looking up from his chore. "What I don't understand is, why did they have to open EVERY package?"

My immediate reply: "They can't READ, Ken!"

Needless to say Ken had decided it was time to do something about the little bastards and a plant meeting was held. Long story short, after that meeting it now fell on me to get rid of them without hurting them in any way. The Hispanic ladies' coalition would take possession of the captured mice and relocate them. Yes that's right. They would be transplanted to a field out in the country where one of them owned some land and was raising some livestock. No, I'm not kidding.

So.... Not a hard job right? Somehow trap a few mice without hurting them. But it didn't take me long to realize there is NO way to do that with any commercially available product. I was challenged with - literally - building a better mousetrap!

What I came up with is also classic. And worked spectacularly - there weren't just a few mice, there turned out to be hundreds! Every morning after my traps were set, it was mousey collection time and they just kept collecting, and collecting, for well over a week straight! My traps were catching 20-30 mice each every night that first week! None of them hurt in any way. The next week the haul was less, we were down to only 8-10 or so in each trap, and as the weeks progressed the haul tapered off more and more until we were getting NO mice for several weeks.

What did I do? How to trap mice without possibility of hurting them, a trap which would be 100% effective and would be irresistible to them? You want to know?

5 gallon plastic buckets and 1 inch diameter wood dowels. That's it. Oh and a dab of peanut butter and some water.

You drill a 1-1/8 inch hole near the top of the buckets on either side, and insert your dowel. Make sure the ends of the dowel are sanded smooth and waxed nicely, so the dowel spins freely in the holes... Like a axle for a trailer, see.

Fill the bucket with about two inches of.... water. Dab a liberal amount of peanut butter on the center of the dowel, right over the water below. Place a piece of wood lath on the bucket edge and down to the floor, for a little ramp. Then leave.

The mice want peanut butter. Bad. They really really like it. So their noses tell them to climb the ramp. (Which I had stenciled on those, the name "stairway to heaven" with no worries of tipping them off since, it was now proven and accepted in the place that mice can't read) They climb the ramp, and go out over the water they can't see and try to get the Nom. Of course, it's the old log roll game when the mouse tries to get the Nom, it might be at the bottom of the dowel, depending - and then when another mouse also comes....

They invariably fall into the bucket, and the water is just the right depth to not harm them, but making it impossible for them to jump out! And the trap is reset automatically, since the bait is still sticking to the dowel and its orientation on the dowel doesn't matter.

So that first morning I found four of these traps of mine, with 30 or so victims in them, each. And like I said this went on for weeks. End of mouse problem and the ladies - yes, they did take all the mouseys out to the farm, where as I had privately surmised they unwittingly became food for, their barn cats!

Anyhow, that's my mouse story. You may now resume shaving your back.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:29 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

And not unlike the mice in the story, most people can't fucking read either.
Old January 4th, 2014, 04:44 AM
€COM#1

That setting would have been so very tempting for a "flowers for Algernon" experiment.