free hit counter
The Reason GOP is Not Going after the IRS for Harassing Tea Party Groups - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Old December 16th, 2013, 08:54 AM

Likes Given: 2
Liked 3 in 3 Posts
HELLDORADO is on a distinguished roadHELLDORADO is on a distinguished road
Default The Reason GOP is Not Going after the IRS for Harassing Tea Party Groups

And I quote:
Quote:

Two seemingly unrelated articles caught my attention. Here’s the first one: “Wall Street Journal columnist Kimberly Strassel noted on Friday [Dec. 13] that Barack Obama and the IRS have a new plan to target Tea Party groups in advance of the 2014 elections. During Thanksgiving week, the Treasury Department announced a proposal to limit the political activity of 501(c)(4) groups.”

One would think that Republicans in Congress would be outraged. The silence is deafening.

We know that the IRS was going after conservative groups, many of which were associated with the newly formed Tea Party movement. It was a big story for a time, and then it seemed to die.

Why haven’t Republicans made an issue of this unconstitutional and possibly criminal scandal? Stories have come out showing that officials in the IRS had gotten instructions from the top to slow down the approval process of Tea Party groups.

Now we know why the GOP has let the IRS off the hook. Establishment Republicans and their lobbyists hate the Tea Party, but for different reasons.

Republicans like pork as much as the Democrats do, and their lobbyists will do anything to stop anybody who gets in their way to bring home the fattened political bacon. Tony Lee at Breitbart reports on the second one:

“Lobbyists are reportedly ‘pumping their fists’ over House Speaker John Boehner's declaration of war against the Tea Party last week.

“According to The Hill, lobbyists were ‘pleasantly surprised by’ Boehner's ‘strident remarks’ last week in which he said Tea Party groups have lost ‘all credibility’ after they opposed the budget compromise that increased taxes. Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Beth Martin said Boehner's words were a declaration of war on grassroots conservatives.”

When American bank robber Willie Sutton was asked why he robbed banks, his answer was simple: “That’s where the money is.” Lobbyists know if you want tens of millions of dollars, you go to Washington,

The GOP may be against individual welfare, but they are whole hog for corporate welfare. Lobbyists are permanent fixtures in Washington hoping to get their slice of the tax-payer income-tax pie. It’s no wonder that the area around DC area is ground zero for our nation’s Super Zips.“A Washington Post analysis of the latest census data shows that more than a third of Zip codes in the D.C. metro area rank in the top 5 percent nationally for income and education.”

So it’s no wonder that Boehner and other Establishment Republicans are attacking the Tea Party and not stopping the IRS from bullying conservative groups.

Republicans like Boehner and Ryan know were the money is. While it's politically conservatively correct to attack liberal pork, it's a whole other thing to attack GOP pork. Now you're meddling.

The post The Reason GOP is Not Going after the IRS for Harassing Tea Party Groups appeared first on Godfather Politics.

Old December 18th, 2013, 10:18 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Ultimate problem with the Party and why simply electing "Republicans" isn't going to change much in Washington at this point.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:07 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,828 in 1,622 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

The failure of the DNC/GOP to capitalize on the tremendous scandal that is the IRS's third-world stomping of the political opposition is, frankly, reason enough to give them all a nice cozy one-way ticket home.
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:13 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Can't we just bury them where they fall?

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:19 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

No. But I will allow for an option to move in with The Jimmah and help him build habitats for humanity or whatever.
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:23 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

I hear Clinton is doing a habitat for hookers project.

Quote:
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:26 PM
€COM#1

Sorry. Only official dems are allowed to join that. Wiener and Spitzer have right of first refusal.

Oh, also, SS personnel.
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Old December 18th, 2013, 02:30 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

I was also going give some rep for that, but you can't do a double+good here.
That was great, although at the end, as Jimmy on the original muses, he should sing "It's my own damn fault."

Quote:
Post liked by
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
I was also going give some rep for that, but you can't do a double+good here.
Sure you can. Rep first, then thank. Works even of you thank first if you remove your thanks, rep, then thank again!
Quote:
That was great, although at the end, as Jimmy on the original muses, he should sing "It's my own damn fault."
I felt the same way and felt sort of ripped off at the end lol.

Plus, the original lyric of "I blew out my flip-flop, stepped on a pop top" can never be replaced, I think this HAS to be left IN all parodies of Margaritaville, even if it makes no sense at all and doesn't fit!