free hit counter
You know what? - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Old September 13th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Humanity Sucks

Likes Given: 174
Liked 270 in 223 Posts
KittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of light
Default You know what?

I like the Tea Party people .... strangely, in spite of most leaning to the right it's not such a bad group, wnat to know what I don't like?

"Are you saying that society should just let him die?" | Slog

The "they did it so we can to" tactic that the opposition is using now. After watching that whole portion of the debate (the stuff they didn't show in the clip used for the article) I actually like what all the Repbulican candidates said. Then the comments ensued .... those against the Republicans didn't even watch the whole thing, sad really, but they are swearing that all the Republicans want to do is let people die? I'm so sick of partisan bickering ... so very ill because of it ... physically ill now even. Strange though, I didn't realize that the Republicans actually took the same angle I did, that healthCARE is the problem, not health insurance. I may just have to keep siding with the Republicans until one actually carries out their promise on this just because I really like it.

Now Republican supporters, don't get too high and mighty, I have seen the same tactic used by your fellows. I choose issues, not faces and not speeches.
If you do not understand that humans evolved from a monkey like simian, then do not even talk to me about science, ever.
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Humanity Sucks

Likes Given: 174
Liked 270 in 223 Posts
KittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of light

Also, remember, I was the first to mention it, Republicans .... why you listening to me now? I thought you thought I was insane?

LOL ... so much fun, I get to say, once again (I think this is the 104th time I get to say this in the last ten years) .... Told you so!
If you do not understand that humans evolved from a monkey like simian, then do not even talk to me about science, ever.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,681
Liked 2,904 in 2,354 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKoder View Post
those against the Republicans didn't even watch the whole thing, sad really, but they are swearing that all the Republicans want to do is let people die?
This is straight from Alinsky's rules: Vociferously accuse the opposition of that which you are really doing.
Old January 1st, 2012, 01:33 AM

Likes Given: 3
Liked 8 in 8 Posts
Dyne is on a distinguished roadDyne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
This is straight from Alinsky's rules: Vociferously accuse the opposition of that which you are really doing.
You know, funny you mention that. I saw some similar accusations against Fox News in this article.

14 Propaganda Techniques Fox 'News' Uses to Brainwash Americans | News & Politics | AlterNet

I really don't know how much of it is true, but I thought I would post this here so I could get some insight. After reading a lot of posts here, I have to say, I'm disillusioned with both parties, I can't say I could support either side, and I think I should actually take Kitten's stance and look at the issues and not the faces and speeches.
Old January 1st, 2012, 01:47 AM
is reading this thread

Likes Given: 218
Liked 818 in 618 Posts
Xenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the rough

Except for #10 those 'principles' are exactly how NBC, CBS and ABC have operated for years, in the cuase of progressives.
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:21 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
You know, funny you mention that. I saw some similar accusations against Fox News in this article.

14 Propaganda Techniques Fox 'News' Uses to Brainwash Americans | News & Politics | AlterNet

I really don't know how much of it is true, but I thought I would post this here so I could get some insight. After reading a lot of posts here, I have to say, I'm disillusioned with both parties, I can't say I could support either side, and I think I should actually take Kitten's stance and look at the issues and not the faces and speeches.
Lovin' it right? Unlike Facebook, everything we post stays here and posted for all time.

Now... Let's see.... Ahh yes the source you linked, AlterNet? Love it. Talk about a satellite for the Alinsky charm, did you research it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AlterNet
"Activist news service?" Aren't the two words "activist" and "news" diametrically opposed?

Not surprising there would be a hit piece against Fox news there, and one accusing the opponent of exactly that which the leftist media itself does!

But let's look further: "Independent Media Institute:" Main financial backing comes from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tides_Foundation. Imagine that.

FNC was established to fill a massive void that existed in the marketplace - a news network that would present more balance. Here's an example - There's a global warming story, everyone covers it. ABC, SeeBS and NBC interview climatologists who give us the standard doom and gloom. End of coverage.

FNC gives us the climatologists, but OMG, equal time is given to the other side, scientists who say it's all bunk!

Oh but wait, when we ask ABC, SeeBS and NBC why they didn't have such balance, they say, "Climate deniers are just like holocaust deniers, do you expect us to have those on the air in a story about the holocaust?"

I shit you not, this is what they actually said!

Where did they get that? Directly from the "Hide the Decline" guy from Climategate! The exposed emails had this exact onerous comparison, suggested as a way to marginalize skeptics! And of course, the lapdog media cooperates fully.

THIS type of stuff is what gave birth to Fox News. And it's also why FNC flourishes while the tired old lapdog media flounders. They give you only one side, essentially telling you the conclusion. FNC gives both and sometimes three sides of issues, and asks YOU to decide for yourself.
Old January 1st, 2012, 12:57 PM

Liked 8 in 8 Posts

Quote:
Lovin' it right? Unlike Facebook, everything we post stays here and posted for all time.

Now... Let's see.... Ahh yes the source you linked, AlterNet? Love it. Talk about a satellite for the Alinsky charm, did you research it?

AlterNet, a project of the non-profit Independent Media Institute, is a progressive/liberal[1] activist news service

"Activist news service?" Aren't the two words "activist" and "news" diametrically opposed?

Not surprising there would be a hit piece against Fox news there, and one accusing the opponent of exactly that which the leftist media itself does!

But let's look further: "Independent Media Institute:" Main financial backing comes from The Tides Foundation. Imagine that.

FNC was established to fill a massive void that existed in the marketplace - a news network that would present more balance. Here's an example - There's a global warming story, everyone covers it. ABC, SeeBS and NBC interview climatologists who give us the standard doom and gloom. End of coverage.

FNC gives us the climatologists, but OMG, equal time is given to the other side, scientists who say it's all bunk!

Oh but wait, when we ask ABC, SeeBS and NBC why they didn't have such balance, they say, "Climate deniers are just like holocaust deniers, do you expect us to have those on the air in a story about the holocaust?"

I shit you not, this is what they actually said!

Where did they get that? Directly from the "Hide the Decline" guy from Climategate! The exposed emails had this exact onerous comparison, suggested as a way to marginalize skeptics! And of course, the lapdog media cooperates fully.

THIS type of stuff is what gave birth to Fox News. And it's also why FNC flourishes while the tired old lapdog media flounders. They give you only one side, essentially telling you the conclusion. FNC gives both and sometimes three sides of issues, and asks YOU to decide for yourself.
About a year and a half ago, I was watching Fox News regularly. In particular, Glenn Beck. I'm not sure what everyone's opinion of Beck is, but I started to be turned off by a lot of his ranting. And really, I gave the man an honest chance. So, I stopped watching FNC.

I've watched the other stations, and I can honestly say, now that I'm opening my eyes to what you're all saying, I'm starting to see what's really happening and what's really going on, and it's disturbing to say the least.
Old January 1st, 2012, 12:59 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
About a year and a half ago, I was watching Fox News regularly. In particular, Glenn Beck. I'm not sure what everyone's opinion of Beck is, but I started to be turned off by a lot of his ranting. And really, I gave the man an honest chance. So, I stopped watching FNC.

I've watched the other stations, and I can honestly say, now that I'm opening my eyes to what you're all saying, I'm starting to see what's really happening and what's really going on, and it's disturbing to say the least.
Beck isn't representative of FNC, he merely had one show on it. He was on CNN before that, few people know. I for one can't stand him and his ilk, he's not much more than a Alex Jones type, to me.
Old January 1st, 2012, 01:13 PM
countrygirl

Likes Given: 769
Liked 305 in 263 Posts
bluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to all
Unhappy

FOX NEWS use to be the only station i was told you could trust. but now its just as corrupted as the other news stations.
Old January 1st, 2012, 01:26 PM

Liked 8 in 8 Posts

Quote:
Beck isn't representative of FNC, he merely had one show on it. He was on CNN before that, few people know. I for one can't stand him and his ilk, he's not much more than a Alex Jones type, to me.
Really? CNN huh? Yeah, I can't stand him at all. And Alex Jones, oh man, I've seen that guy's stuff. Alex Jones is the stuff of a rational person's nightmares.