free hit counter
Everybodys Favorite: A Creation Debate Thread - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Philosophy Wax philosophical...

Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Trailer Park Hero

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Everybodys Favorite: A Creation Debate Thread

I know, people hate these right? That's what I always hear, but people always talk about it anyway, so here goes. I saw this in another thread, but it was a bit off topic so I decided to bring it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post

Just go look at a cats eye or the midnight sky and tell me that there is'nt a higher being out there.
I like to think so... whats the use otherwise?

Just something to think about.

One thing I dont like to do is debate religion.... everybody loses.
This is one I have never understood. Consider this.

Let's suppose we were all drops of water in a glass sitting on a railing on someones porch. The glass was filled perfectly to the top. In the early morning, the sun rises and I look at you (the drop of water beside me) and I comment on the perfection of the circumstance in which we have found ourselves.

"Look at how well we fit in this glass together. If there were one more drop in here, we would spill over the top. Yet, if we lacked one drop, we wouldn't rise all the way to the rim. Were it much colder, we wouldn't be able to exist as a liquid. We would all surely freeze solid. Yet if it were much warmer, we would evaporate. Isn't this just perfect? Certainly we must have been placed here by some great intelligence that knew all of the exact specifications of our environment and planned everything to work in perfect harmony."

In reality, of course, some fat slob got hammered and left his whiskey glass outside before staggering in and collapsing on the couch. It rained, the glass filled, and the rest (as they say) is history.

To look at our surroundings and surmise that the way we fit perfectly into our environment is one of the most absurd fallacies of logic that I have ever heard. Yes, were we created it would make perfect sense that we would be created perfect for our environment. Yet if we came about by some random process, we would positively have to develop perfectly for our surroundings, because our surroundings would dictate who we are. It is like looking at an ice cube in a tray and assuming someone went through the painstaking effort of molding a piece of ice to fit into its slot, instead of assuming that the water was poured in there and it froze that way. It is possible that the cube was formed for the tray, but far more likely that it was formed in the tray.

What say you?

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
alpha female

Likes Given: 513
Liked 777 in 567 Posts
boedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of light

All I know is that the world sits on the back of a Giant Turtle, and it's turtles all the way down.