free hit counter
~Heartache/Heartbreak~ - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Philosophy Wax philosophical...

Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:05 AM

Likes Given: 326
Liked 292 in 225 Posts
Dabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really nice
Default ~Heartache/Heartbreak~

Does anyone else agree with me, that the worst pain in the world....is the pain of a broken heart??

No matter how many broken bones you have had.
No matter how many surgeries you have been thru.........no matter how many cuts, scrapes, bruises, stubbed toes, bouts of constipation or diarrhea.......no matter how many times you have been in a fight and gotten punched in your face.
No matter how many whippings you received as a child......or how many sticks and stones were thrown at you during school.

No matter how many bad marriages and divorces you survived....or being bitten by a dog or pecked by a rooster.....or even stung by a zillion bees.

There just is no greater pain ever...than the pain from a heartache~
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

No, broken bones hurt worse. So does getting kicked in the balls. Sprained ankles are a bitch too. I'd have to say they are worse. And passing a stone? Way worse.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:18 AM

Likes Given: 326
Liked 292 in 225 Posts
Dabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
No, broken bones hurt worse. So does getting kicked in the balls. Sprained ankles are a bitch too. I'd have to say they are worse. And passing a stone? Way worse.
But they go away. They heal with proper care. I have had kidney stones...so bad they required immediate surgery. And that was back before they had laser shit, they sliced open my stomach and took care of them that way.
I have had broken bones.
About 10 surgeries too.......never been kicked in the balls tho *haha*
But a heartache...Naaaa........it just seems to go on hurting.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:40 AM

Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabs View Post
Does anyone else agree with me, that the worst pain in the world....is the pain of a broken heart??

No matter how many broken bones you have had.
No matter how many surgeries you have been thru.........no matter how many cuts, scrapes, bruises, stubbed toes, bouts of constipation or diarrhea.......no matter how many times you have been in a fight and gotten punched in your face.
No matter how many whippings you received as a child......or how many sticks and stones were thrown at you during school.

No matter how many bad marriages and divorces you survived....or being bitten by a dog or pecked by a rooster.....or even stung by a zillion bees.

There just is no greater pain ever...than the pain from a heartache~
Agreed, because of the emotions tied to it. The sense of betrayal, broken trust, utter disbelief that it happened to you, and because of the memories, all those triggers that drive it, feed it. You can mend a bone, pass a stone, but you cannot rid yourself of the memories. Over time the pain becomes less acute, but the effects of a broken heart forever change us and remain with us always there just under the surface.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Evil Con$ervative

Likes Given: 225
Liked 106 in 84 Posts
The Infidel is a glorious beacon of lightThe Infidel is a glorious beacon of lightThe Infidel is a glorious beacon of lightThe Infidel is a glorious beacon of lightThe Infidel is a glorious beacon of lightThe Infidel is a glorious beacon of lightThe Infidel is a glorious beacon of lightThe Infidel is a glorious beacon of lightThe Infidel is a glorious beacon of lightThe Infidel is a glorious beacon of light

Boy is this thread timely...

My 19 yr old just broke up with BF of 4 yrs.

She feels he takes her for granted & I tend to agree.
I told at that stage in my relationship with her mom (my GF 26 yrs ago) I called her every day - no cellies back then - and I wrote her a letter at least once a week. She still has them.
Basically, she is heartbroken, but she knows she needs to step back and rethink it all.
I like the guy, but I am so proud of her, as I was secretly thinking the same things she was. I just didnt want to interfere.

I may take her somewhere today... maybe Starbucks or something.

I do know a broken heart takes a while to heal, but damn it... a broken bone and smashed finger (a hammer incident) hurts WAY WORSE...
Old August 22nd, 2011, 03:04 PM

Likes Given: 303
Liked 139 in 109 Posts
Shellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the rough

If you think a broken bone or physical pain hurts worse than heartbreak, then you have never truly loved.

. . . .I'm just sayin'
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM

Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post
Boy is this thread timely...

My 19 yr old just broke up with BF of 4 yrs.

She feels he takes her for granted & I tend to agree.
I told at that stage in my relationship with her mom (my GF 26 yrs ago) I called her every day - no cellies back then - and I wrote her a letter at least once a week. She still has them.
Basically, she is heartbroken, but she knows she needs to step back and rethink it all.
I like the guy, but I am so proud of her, as I was secretly thinking the same things she was. I just didnt want to interfere.

I may take her somewhere today... maybe Starbucks or something.

I do know a broken heart takes a while to heal, but damn it... a broken bone and smashed finger (a hammer incident) hurts WAY WORSE...
You're a good dad. It's hard to see them in bad relationships and not want to interfere, but it's part of growing. I have not yet known anyone who listened to their parents or friends about matters of the heart, they, we, all have to find our own way.

Grab two spoons, and treat her to a pint of double chocolate fudge Ben and Jerry's for me!
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:42 PM
alpha female

Likes Given: 513
Liked 777 in 567 Posts
boedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of light

No, the worst pain is the death of somebody one loves, especially a parent losing a child (this involves heartache, but not at the same level as "love 'em and lost 'em").
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:46 PM
countrygirl

Likes Given: 769
Liked 305 in 263 Posts
bluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbug View Post
Agreed, because of the emotions tied to it. The sense of betrayal, broken trust, utter disbelief that it happened to you, and because of the memories, all those triggers that drive it, feed it. You can mend a bone, pass a stone, but you cannot rid yourself of the memories. Over time the pain becomes less acute, but the effects of a broken heart forever change us and remain with us always there just under the surface.
thats true with me too.(just under the surface).
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
TRIBUNUS ANGUSTICLAVIUS

Likes Given: 115
Liked 297 in 258 Posts
American Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to all

I think you are right; broken bones heal and can be nursed or ameliorated, and I've had a few broken bones.

I've had a broken heart - back when I was very young. Close to that is the pain of regret of loss for something that is irreplaceable, in that same department you mention, Dabs.

Visit My Album