free hit counter
Christianity calls for the death of all who preach other religions - Page 3 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Philosophy Wax philosophical...

Old August 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

I did not look at one piece and proclaim understanding. I was pointing out the folly of doing that. I don't believe that your average Christian is about killing their rebellious child any more than I believe that your average Muslim is about killing all infidels.
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Agent P

Likes Given: 184
Liked 295 in 211 Posts
xsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of light

As a Christian, I secretly urinate on non-Christians.
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Likes Given: 514
Liked 552 in 433 Posts
superpsycho is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
I did not look at one piece and proclaim understanding. I was pointing out the folly of doing that. I don't believe that your average Christian is about killing their rebellious child any more than I believe that your average Muslim is about killing all infidels.
You'll find that it's being called for in Mosques today. Spend sometime among Muslims. Islam and the Qu'ran are not just a Religion and book to Muslims it is a way of life. Their life is Islam and nothing in the teaching is taken for granted or set aside. Again total submission to every word.
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:35 PM

Likes Given: 303
Liked 139 in 109 Posts
Shellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the roughShellym0922 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpsycho View Post
God should never be confused with religion for they are not the same. Religion can be evil while God cannot.
I agree, but they are tightly connected in society, so it's hard to talk about it without using either term.
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Roller Derby Queen

Likes Given: 58
Liked 28 in 19 Posts
Jersey Knox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Knox View Post
I am just spiritual. I think God is GOD. I claim any religion, and I don't certainly think the bible has all the answers, or that it's even accurate. I take my spirituality from all forms of religion, assuming all gods of man's image are the same dude ~ interpreted in different ways by different cultures.

I dont want to argue about the higher powers of the universe, I just believe what I believe.
I meant I don't claim any religion* stupid typo's.
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:29 PM
is reading this thread

Likes Given: 218
Liked 818 in 618 Posts
Xenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the roughXenophon is a jewel in the rough

BTW Stevo, your quote is old testiment, supercedded by the teachings of christ which is why they call themselves christians, ergo the thread title is in error.
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

No, the thread title is not in error, for Christ himself said that he did not come to take away from the teachings of God (ie the OT) but to add to them. Once again, you show me a Christian Church that denounces the Old Testament and you would be correct. But if you hand me the word of God, and that passage is in it, then I would be correct.

And again, the world is a better place with Christians in it. But I have two good Muslim friends who believe in the teachings but do not believe that the view of non-believers as an enemy are for our time. To judge their faith by a text they do not practice is also unfair.
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

And btw, Jesus said "I and The Father are one". So to say one is a follower of the teachings of Jesus, but not those of God would be a split in a very thin hair.
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Never enough

Likes Given: 360
Liked 229 in 165 Posts
Hawkgirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
No, the thread title is not in error, for Christ himself said that he did not come to take away from the teachings of God (ie the OT) but to add to them. Once again, you show me a Christian Church that denounces the Old Testament and you would be correct. But if you hand me the word of God, and that passage is in it, then I would be correct.

And again, the world is a better place with Christians in it. But I have two good Muslim friends who believe in the teachings but do not believe that the view of non-believers as an enemy are for our time. To judge their faith by a text they do not practice is also unfair.
In Matthew’s record of what is commonly called the Sermon on the Mount, these words of Jesus are recorded: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished”

In other words He became the law. He goes on to say, "It is finished/accomplished"

I agree that there are Muslims that do not practice the Islamic faith as it is written or as it is spoonfed to them by their sheiks ect..

Much like I do not care what the pope has to say. I am not Catholic anyways

If we denounced the Old Testament, we would be denouncing what Jesus said, about who He is and what His purpose on earth was.

It was fullfilled, no one has to pick up that perverbial cross
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:33 PM

Likes Given: 342
Liked 165 in 142 Posts
Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

I hate labels. Boxes. Organized religion has a name. The label. The box. And all fit in it according to those outside the box or don't agree with the label but are the label or are the box.

Did that make sense?