free hit counter
Christianity calls for the death of all who preach other religions - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Philosophy Wax philosophical...

Old August 10th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Christianity calls for the death of all who preach other religions

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

King James Version (KJV)

6If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...10&version=KJV

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:37 AM

Likes Given: 514
Liked 552 in 433 Posts
superpsycho is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
Deuteronomy 13:6-10

King James Version (KJV)

6If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...10&version=KJV

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
That's not from Christian teachings you understand. Deuteronomy is pre-Christian old testament teaching from the Torah, specifically the fifth book of the Hebrew Bible. Christianity teaches render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and turn the other cheek. In other words live your faith and leave others to live theirs.
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpsycho View Post
That's not from Christian teachings you understand. Deuteronomy is pre-Christian old testament teaching from the Torah, specifically the fifth book of the Hebrew Bible. Christianity teaches render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and turn the other cheek. In other words live your faith and leave others to live theirs.
So Christians denounce the Old Testament? We can just toss out the ten commandments, and all of the other crazy stuff in the OT because none of it has any application in the Christian faith?

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:59 AM

Liked 552 in 433 Posts

Quote:
So Christians denounce the Old Testament? We can just toss out the ten commandments, and all of the other crazy stuff in the OT because none of it has any application in the Christian faith?
Christians don't denounce the Old Testament but Christ's teachings supersede the relevant parts where Jesus provided enlightenment. Haven't you ever attended catechism classes or Catholic School?
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

No, I am the son of a Baptist preacher.

So, if a person of another faith were to take a part of the Bible and claim it meant what it said, and that since it is the word of God, it must be what God is teaching, than that would be unfair?

Old August 10th, 2011, 07:13 AM

Liked 552 in 433 Posts

Quote:
No, I am the son of a Baptist preacher.

So, if a person of another faith were to take a part of the Bible and claim it meant what it said, and that since it is the word of God, it must be what God is teaching, than that would be unfair?
The original Bible was passed down by word of mouth, then at some point written down in sanskrit. Language at that time, as some languages are still today, context driven. To claim any part of the current bible is a totally accurate history or teaching would be a questionable conclusion. Western cultures are rather pragmatic when it comes to faith compared to some others.
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

This is true. But true pragmatism would say "If I can't trust all of it, I can't trust any of it". My point here isn't against Christianity. I believe all should worship as they see fit. My point is that it is no more fair to make blanket statements about Christianity in its entirety based on a few scriptures than it is to do the same towards Islam. My post was obviously in response to this one.

Yes, we have a problem with Muslims who follow the radical verses from the Koran, but to denigrate the entire religion while turning a blind eye to the radical and violent extremism found in the book of record for another faith is just plain wrong.

Old August 10th, 2011, 09:12 AM

Liked 552 in 433 Posts

Quote:
This is true. But true pragmatism would say "If I can't trust all of it, I can't trust any of it". My point here isn't against Christianity. I believe all should worship as they see fit. My point is that it is no more fair to make blanket statements about Christianity in its entirety based on a few scriptures than it is to do the same towards Islam. My post was obviously in response to this one.

Yes, we have a problem with Muslims who follow the radical verses from the Koran, but to denigrate the entire religion while turning a blind eye to the radical and violent extremism found in the book of record for another faith is just plain wrong.
I have studied many Religions and cultures. Islam is not about religion, it is about submission to a religious authority. It's more of a social political organization then anything else. I have spent many excruciating hours reading translations of the Quran. It is a mind numbing experience and its purpose in not the warship of God no matter how many times it says glory be Allah. It's a document of indoctrination and submission to authority. Islam literally means submission and its intent is the exclusion of all other religions by force. In this it is unique among all other religions.
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

How is that unique? Look at the above quoted passage from the Bible? How is the intent of that passage not exclusion of all other religions by force? If someone tells you they worship another god, you should kill them.

The Bible in Koran share in many philosophies, including the inferiority of women and the sins of homosexuality. In the Bible, one finds a strictly structured law much like in the Koran. It includes God's rule on everything from slavery to what to do with the chaffs of wheat that fall when you carry them in. The Old Testament is full of wars of God against other Religions, and commandments to kill those who don't obey. There is even detailed instructions on how to kill your own kid if he is rebellious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuteronomy
21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Again, mind you, I am not claiming that modern Jews or Christians follow this, but it is in the religion. And the entire religion is built around the exclusion of all others by the force of a wrathful and vengeful God who will burn your immortal soul for all eternity if you don't worship him.

Old August 10th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Never enough

Likes Given: 360
Liked 229 in 165 Posts
Hawkgirl is on a distinguished road

Nah, that is not CHRISTianity.

That is just one example of what Christ delivered us from.

The 10 commandments were not something any one human being could keep.

Jesus became the law and the law was pinned to the cross. Never to become an issue for any of those who believe.

It is only an issue to those who do not.