free hit counter
Friendship is magic - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Law and Justice System Legal issues

Old November 18th, 2017, 06:48 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,825 in 1,619 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future
Default Friendship is magic

Remember how I recently said that the EU is more corrupt than the US? Well, I'm officially considering walking that right the fuck back:

How Bob Menendez’s friends helped him steer clear of jail | New York Post

Quote:
“Gifts to cultivate friendship are not bribes,” Abbe Lowell said in his closing in defense of Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez — and enough jurors agreed to result in a hung jury and a mistrial.

The Biz Markie defense — he’s just a friend — worked. Lowell was worth every penny of the $4.5 million raised and spent by Menendez’s legal defense trust.

But the hung jury doesn’t change the facts:

Menendez’s co-defendant Salomon Melgen left the courtroom and went back to jail, where he is awaiting sentencing on 67 counts of Medicare fraud.

Menendez enjoyed ready access to Melgen’s private jets and luxury resorts financed by that Medicare fraud — and the New Jersey senator went all the way up the chain to the secretary of health and human services to keep the money flowing.

He got visas for Melgen’s supermodel girlfriends and he tried to steer a lucrative port security contract to the eye doctor who had no security background. Customs and Border Protection official Stephanie Talton testified that she found it “odd” that Menendez would “ask us to stop our law enforcement mission.”

Lavish gifts are sometimes used to cultivate friendships with sitting senators, it turns out, and once that friendship is cultivated, the senator is apt to do such friendly things.

It would appear that, after the Supreme Court’s decision in the Bob McDonnell case, that fact pattern does not establish bribery or honest-services fraud; absent a smoking-gun document or audio recording memorializing a specific quid pro quo, it’s hard to imagine what would.

The liberal ethics group CREW — with which I rarely agree — put it well: “Unless corruption laws are strengthened to fill the significant holes that the Supreme Court has created, the days of seeing corrupt politicians behind bars may be past.”
Old November 18th, 2017, 11:32 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,311 in 1,938 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

But you forgot the magic "Letter". He has a [D] after his name.

The Media barely mentioned him to the public here.
The jury was full of idiots, one even asking the Judge "What a Senator was".

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old November 18th, 2017, 05:58 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Come on. They thought millions to "establish friendship" for massive "friendly" reimbursement isn't bribery? There are no juries so stupid. They are either being on the take themselves or else fully partisan. Corrupt to the bone in either case.
Old November 18th, 2017, 11:17 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

American jurors are easily bamboozled by slick defense lawyers. And this is news?

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old November 19th, 2017, 04:18 AM
€COM#1

It is, kinda, when they happily swallow the very definition of bribery as an extenuating circumstance.

Is there a way to find out who was on the jury? I find myself wondering if it was all Mexicans simply doing their tribal duty sticking it to whitey.
Old November 19th, 2017, 10:18 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
It is, kinda, when they happily swallow the very definition of bribery as an extenuating circumstance.

Is there a way to find out who was on the jury? I find myself wondering if it was all Mexicans simply doing their tribal duty sticking it to whitey.
If there is and they are ain't no MSM outlet that's gonna explore it.

Quote: