free hit counter
Let the Hypocrisy begin! - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Sports Talk about your favorite team!

Old September 25th, 2017, 11:50 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,311 in 1,938 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future
Default Let the Hypocrisy begin!

Announcer 1: "Well folks the sun is out, the temperature is a pleasant 75 degrees and the grounds are in tip top shape. We should have some first rate Hypocrisy on display for us today. Announcer 2?"

Announcer 2: "Yes Announcer 1 things couldn't be more ripe for Hypocrisy than here in Pittsburgh today as coach Mike Tomlin offers some choice hypocrisy for us all. Let's go to the video."

Link to Video and story.

Announcer 1: "Oh my! I haven't a heard such a tin ear to an issue since Al Campanis talk about "black" managerial skills in the 80's. Can you break it down for us?"

Announcer 2: "Sure thing Announcer 1. Look at how Coach Tomlin makes the point that '...he was looking for “100 percent participation” in whatever course of action the team took during the national anthem.' What no room for personal conscience ala Colin Kaepernick? Not really as Alejandro Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who served three tours in Afghanistan, was the only Steelers player to stand for the anthem. While Villanueva stood in the tunnel, hand over his heart, the rest of the team remained in the locker room in protest of President Trump’s comments that players who kneel during the national anthem should be fired. Bravo! Stand up for your beliefs! Protesting is beautiful! Protesting is patriotic and your duty! Well not for Coach Tomlin who re-emphized his original remarks. 'When asked by a reporter about Villanueva coming out for the anthem, Tomlin said, “Like I said, I was looking for 100 percent participation, we were gonna be respectful of our football team.” ' Whoa Nellie! Whatchya gonna do coach, suppress his right to protest?"

Announcer 1: "Shocking, but expected. As usual with the Left your rights end when they go against what the Left wants."

Announcer 2: " Quite right Announcer 1, it does seem that the only principle the Left has is that it is their way or the highway."

Announcer 1: "Too true, too true but we had our first display of outright hypocrisy on this issue and expect that we are in for a long, long season of it here at the NFL."

Announcer 2: "You have to wonder though, if Hypocrisy happens and nobody is there to watch it is it really hypocritical?"

Announcer 1: " I guess we'll find out. Now sit back and enjoy the show."

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.

Last edited by walruskkkch; September 25th, 2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old September 26th, 2017, 10:05 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,825 in 1,619 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Apparently he has apologized for not sitting with the team, claiming it was a mistake to go out and stand...

Steelers' Alejandro Villanueva Reveals He Didn't Mean To Stand Solo for Anthem: 'I Threw My Teammates Under the Bus'

Quote:
Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva says he didn’t intentionally choose to stand alone during the national anthem in Chicago.

Villanueva, a former Army Ranger, said in a press conference Monday that he felt “embarrassed” for the attention his mistake garnered.

“Unfortunately, I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,” he said. “Every single time I see that picture of me, standing by myself, I feel embarrassed.”

Villanueva was the only Steelers player who stood outside the tunnel before their game Sunday against the Chicago Bears.The rest of his team chose not to take the field as part of the widespread NFL protest.
http://time.com/4956730/alejandro-vi...m-embarrassed/

Quote:
“I made coach Tomlin look bad, and that is my fault and my fault only,” he said, adding that he is supportive of teammates who decide to kneel or sit during the national anthem.“People that are taking a knee are not saying anything negative about the military, they’re not saying anything negative about the flag, they’re just trying to protest that there are some injustices in America," he said, according to CBS Pittsburgh.
Old September 26th, 2017, 12:27 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

I can understand what he was getting at, that once the Team decided to approach the issue this way he should have stayed with the team. He now feels he was wrong in not doing so but that begs the point that what the players who are taking the knee in protest are making the same mistake. Putting their feelings emotions etc before the Team. In any sport team unity and chemistry is one of those intangibles that is vital but very tough to consciously create. I saw that 23% of NFL players took a knee in protest. What does that say to their teammates who didn't? The old saying is there is no "I" in Team, but these players, for whatever reason, have decided they and their causes are more important than the Team. The whole disrespect for the country is another issue entirely. I will leave you with this link that bares reading and remember qui bono.

Link

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old September 26th, 2017, 02:37 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

I laugh and spit at the "nationalism" at display at pro sports games. Oooh, cops get to parade? They have a flag? My, my. All professional sports are an welcome distraction for Joe Sixpack, happy to learn tons of utterly useless stats and forget about how his country is rapidly turning into a particularly distasteful combination of Somalia and Afghanistan, so that he can cheer a bunch of sissies running around on a field with pink ribbons. If this is a nefarious plan by the left, I salute them. You want patriotism? Practice it at the southern border with a machine gun.
Old September 26th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,693
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Blowback?

Companies are Pulling Sponsorships From NFL Stars Who Kneeled for Anthem. | Tribunist

NFL players who knelt during the NA on Sunday are now starting to lose endorsement deals.

Let’s see how long their outrage and protests last once it personally hits their pocketbook
Old September 26th, 2017, 04:15 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

That will just be the new thing to protest about. "I'm protesting you holding me financially accountable for my previous protesting."

Quote:
Old September 26th, 2017, 04:30 PM
€COM#1

Let them. Protest all the way back to Monrovia, sweeties.
Old September 26th, 2017, 05:16 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

I love this headline.

NFL commits suicide by Trump with politically correct protests

Quote:
Old September 26th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,693
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

REPORT: DirecTV Offering Refunds on NFL Sunday Ticket Because of Players Kneeling During Anthem | Total Pro Sports
Old September 26th, 2017, 09:22 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

The NFL has not learned you have to dance with who brung ya and swing with who swung ya.

Quote: