free hit counter
Time to order T-shirts - Page 2 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

The Donald Trump for President Forum All Trump, all the time. Donald Trump-related threads here please.

Old April 7th, 2017, 06:26 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,311 in 1,938 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

I think this analysis follows and improves on what I was saying.

Quote:
POSTED ON APRIL 7, 2017 BY SCOTT JOHNSON IN OBAMA FOREIGN POLICY, SYRIA, TRUMP FOREIGN POLICY
THE MESSAGE IN THE MISSILES
Last night President Trump authorized the destruction of the air base from which the Syrian butcher Assad had launched insidious sarin gas attacks earlier this week. Our destruction of the air base was executed through the use of 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles. I strongly support President Trump’s authorization of the action. As the great William F. Buckley, Jr. used to say, herewith a few observations:

1. Asked about the gas attacks in a Rose Garden press conference with Jordan’s King Abdullah on Wednesday, President Trump had responded: “It crossed a lot of lines for me. When you kill innocent children, innocent babies, babies, little babies, with a chemical gas that is so lethal, people were shocked to hear what gas it was, that crosses many, many lines, beyond a red line. Many, many lines.”

Trump’s language harked back to President Obama’s bloviation on Syria, but he wasn’t done. He went on specifically to cite Obama’s empty threat regarding Assad’s use of chemical weapons. “I think the Obama administration had a great opportunity to solve this crisis a long time ago when he said the red line in the sand,” Trump said. “And when he didn’t cross that line after making the threat, I think that set us back a long ways, not only in Syria, but in many other parts of the world, because it was a blank threat. I think it was something that was not one of our better days as a country.”

I read President Trump’s statement as the predicate of some form of military reprisal by the United States against Assad. Thus it proved to be.

2. Like President Reagan when he fired the striking air traffic controllers in 1981, President Trump sent several messages with the action taken last night. Here are two of them. The Obama era in American foreign policy is over. Trump doesn’t issue empty threats.

3. President Obama sought to tie the United States down in the world like the Lilliputians did Gulliver. Among the instruments employed by Obama to restrain the United States was the United Nations. President Trump gave the United Nations the opportunity to weigh in yesterday. When it failed to act, Trump proceeded. Again, the Obama era in foreign policy is over.

4. Trump acted with decisive force to achieve a limited objective. He could have gone further to remove more of Assad’s assets. If the goal was limited to deter Assad from doing what he did again, however, I think it highly likely that the mission was accomplished.

5. President Trump also had an unstated messaged for Iran and North Korea. See note 1 above.

6. President Obama put us in bed with Putin and empowered Russia in Syria with the supposed object of removing Assad’s chemical weapons. The agreement entered into by Obama was a complete and utter fraud. One might think that we would revisit this chain of events and pronounce it a scandal and a disgrace. Apparently not.

7. One might think that the attack on Putin’s Syrian ally would put paid to the line of the Democrat/Media Axis that Trump is somehow Putin’s lapdog, but one might think wrong.

8. President Obama and Secretary Kerry entered into the agreement with Russia to remove Syria’s chemical weapons in September 2013, not even four years ago. Yet it has conveniently disappeared from our collective memory as completely as the Wilmot Proviso and the Bland-Allison Act.

9. President Trump had the lawful authority to do what he did yesterday without congressional approval. It was akin to President Reagan’s 1986 bombing of Libya. Obama’s war to remove Qaddafi in Libya — now that was a problem. Last night, however, Trump acted well within his authority.

10. The Trump crew made a mistake advertising their intent to indulge the continuation of the Assad regime’s before the chemical attacks. They may have contributed to Assad’s brazen crime. It should also be noted, however, that the timing coincided with the two-day summit in Brussels, Belgium where European Union leaders had assembled to discuss funding commitments to support war-torn Syria. One knowledgeable observer called the Assad’s chemical attacks “a direct insult” and warning from Assad: you will keep paying and I will keep killing.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old April 8th, 2017, 01:12 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,825 in 1,619 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Not a Pallywood production, you think? First off, let's have a look at the official newsreels, shall we? Take a look at the difference between the rescue teams from the Tokyo subway Sarin attacks and this:

Notice anything? Like the Arab rescue teams being amazingly unconcerned about touching bodies with their bare bloody hands? When a single sarin droplet is enough to drop you dead in convulsions in minutes? And "white helmets"? Where have we seen those guys before?

But even more - qui bono? Last week, Assad was confidently winning the war. Pressing ISIS and Al-Q back on every front, enjoying pats on the head from no lesser personage than Tillerson. So what should you do if you where him? Oh, I know! Let's bomb a random village with no strategic value whatsoever but full of Arab media newscams with gas bombs so that you can maximize the impact of "gassed little children" in front of TVs everywhere! That'll show them!

Honestly... I can't recall a sloppier and more obvious hoax since they dragged the then-US Kuwaiti ambassador's Washington-based daughter in before the TV cameras to tearfully tell us of nasty Iraqi soldiers tearing "little children" from incubators. Come to think of it, the US policy makers and public fell for that one too.
Old April 8th, 2017, 08:50 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Oh please, that is your proof? There is a world of difference between the Japanese and the Arabs in both their technology levels and their regard for human life and frankly a picture of the Arabs doing things sloppily without regard to the safety of their workers is meaningless. Hell, I bet their workers have never seen a hazmat suit much less have them in stock in the middle of frickin' nowhere Syria.

As far as Assad using the gas the answer is clear, when you ain't intimidating with the usual bombs and threats scare them with some WMD. Worked for Saddam with the Kurds and an Arab leader doing things he thinks he can get away with is not surprising. You know you get used to Obama's style after a while. Besides, you know Trump is Putin's pawn and Putin is yer bestest bud so...

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:26 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Arabs are useless goatfuckers, but Sarin isn't. When deployed as mist droplets 100mg/m^3 is enough to kill. They are hosing the bloody "corpse" with a goddamn hose - every single one of those people should be convulsing and dying in minutes with all the exposed skin they are showing. Hoax.

And yes, scaring a bunch of villagers when you are already winning the war comfortably after the US stopped arming and supporting IS is such an excellent plan. I mean, I'm sure he has nothing else to do to while away his lonely hours.
Old April 8th, 2017, 04:54 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

From the CDC, I direct you to the highlighted parts.

Quote:
How people can be exposed to sarin

If sarin is released
into the air, people may be exposed through skin contact or eye contact.
They may also be exposed by breathing air that contains sarin.
If sarin is released
into water, people may be exposed by touching or drinking water that
contains sarin.
If sarin comes
in contact with food, people may be exposed by eating the contaminated
food.
A person’s clothing
can release sarin for about 30 minutes after it has come in contact
with sarin vapor. Other people can be exposed to sarin if they breathe
this sarin gas.

Because sarin breaks
down slowly in the body, people who are repeatedly exposed to sarin
may suffer more harmful health effects.
How sarin works

The extent of poisoning
that sarin causes depends on three factors: (1) the amount of sarin
to which they were exposed, (2) how they were exposed, and (3) the how
long the exposure lasted.
Symptoms will appear
within a few seconds after exposure to the vapor form of sarin and within
a few minutes up to 18 hours after exposure to the liquid form.
All the nerve agents
cause their toxic effects by preventing the proper operation of the
chemical that acts as the body’s “off switch” for glands and muscles.
Without an “off switch,” the glands and muscles are constantly being
stimulated. They may tire and no longer be able to sustain breathing
function.
Sarin vapor is
heavier than air, so it would be more likely to settle in low-lying
areas.
Because sarin mixes
easily with water, water can easily be contaminated.
Sarin is the most
volatile of the nerve agents, which means that it can easily and quickly
evaporate from a liquid into a vapor and spread into the environment.
People can be exposed to the vapor even if they do not come in contact
with the liquid form of sarin.
Because it evaporates
so quickly, sarin presents an immediate, but short-lived, threat.
Also this from the Department of Labor, Occupational safety and Health Administration

Quote:
The "G" agents tend to be volatile liquids which do not persist in the environment very long. The "VX" tends to be highly persistent and thus non-volatile. When compared to the "G" agents, "VX" is much more lethal and persistent.
Sarin is listed as a "GB" agent that, depending upon temperature and other conditions can persist from 10 minutes up to 3 days in the environment. So the workers may have some exposure, but then again may not have.

So were they exposed? Maybe, maybe not. Did they not follow totally safe and proper procedures? You betchya, but we both agree they are Arabs so I don'[t see anything that positively points to a false flag operation just from what you present. I concede the possibility but I am still not convinced.

Quote:

Last edited by walruskkkch; April 8th, 2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old April 8th, 2017, 06:22 PM
€COM#1

You'd hate that work detail - don't worry, Achmed, it's evaporated already. Ich'allah.

But you still don't present any sort of reasonable case for Assad to do this. That whole notion is just so stupid I'm just flabbergasted that it seems just about nobody in American officialdom - except Rand Paul, of course - stopped for so much as a second to say, "hey, waiddaminit!"

Meanwhile, here's the Derb's take on it:

John Derbyshire: Collapse Of Trumpism—On War AND Immigration? | VDARE - premier news outlet for patriotic immigration reform
Old April 8th, 2017, 06:53 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Why do it?

8 years of Obama fecklessness leading to a sense of an institutional weakness being the new norm for American foreign policy.

New President test, possibly egged on by the Russians or Iranians.

General sense of upping the ante for creating local intimidation.

Assad is just stupid.

Assad is a typical Arab tyrant.

I'll see your Derbyshire and raise you this from Allahpundit at Hotair.

Quote:
We need to get the right-wing and left-wing conspiracy theorists together to hash this out. Was Assad’s chemical attack in Idlib a false flag perpetrated by some shadowy agent (Syrian rebels, the “deep state,” Mossad, etc) to give Trump’s new establishment masters a pretext to lead him into war? Or was it a real attack cynically exploited by Trump a la “Wag the Dog” to change the subject from bad news here at home (the Russia probe, health-care failure, sagging job approval, etc), possibly with the cooperation of Vladimir Putin? Under the first theory, American hawks are trying to push Trump into conflict with Russia and Assad. Under the second theory, Trump and Putin are trying to create the appearance of conflict to give him cover on Russiagate and other matters. Which is it?

An alternate theory via McKay Coppins: Despite the many approving noises about isolationism that he made as a candidate, Trump is a Jacksonian. He’s impulsive and obsessed with projecting strength, especially in contrast to Barack Obama. When the opportunity to enforce Obama’s “red line” presented himself, he couldn’t resist. Occam’s Razor.

Quote:
Though Trump lacks the level of knowledge and grasp of history necessary to form an all-encompassing foreign policy doctrine, he has consistently articulated a belief that America’s enemies around the world can be terrified into submission—if the commander-in-chief is willing to send a strong message. Even if Trump had opted to stay out of the Syrian conflict, that belief of his—paired with a general aversion to the compromises of diplomacy—likely would have led him to abandon whatever isolationist tendencies he harbored sooner or later…

Beyond fighting terrorism, Trump has often said the U.S. needs to be more “unpredictable” on the world stage. While running for president, he pointedly refused to take the potential use of nuclear weapons off the table, even in places like Europe. That probably wasn’t because he had big plans to bomb Estonia; it was because he wanted to place as few constraints on himself as possible, believing that the more nervous he made the world as commander-in-chief, the less likely it was that adversaries would mess with America. Some have identified this approach as a return to the “Madman Theory,” Richard Nixon’s belief that if his enemies thought he was unbalanced, he would have a stronger negotiating position against China on the Vietnam War.
You never know when a displeased Jacksonian might punch you in the face, an important lesson early in Trump’s presidency not just for Assad but for, among other people, Kim Jong-un. But explaining away Thursday’s bombing by citing Trump’s erratic bellicosity does him a disservice in that it implies he doesn’t care much about Syria on its own terms. On the contrary, reports CNN, he’s been talking privately about action there for months, since before the inauguration:

Quote:
Months earlier, during an off-the-record holiday gathering with reporters at his opulent Mar-a-Lago estate a week before Christmas, Trump spoke at length about the carnage of the Syrian civil war, revealing that the issue was weighing on him as he prepared to take office. Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks authorized CNN on Friday to report the contents of his remarks on the topic at the gathering, which CNN attended.

He described the slaughter of civilians in Syria as a “holocaust,” and remarked on the “high pain threshold” of the population there.

Trump also described in detail a video he had seen of an elderly woman being shot multiple times in Syria, struggling as she tried to continue to walk.

And then, he acknowledged that the US had a “responsibility” over the devastating Syrian conflict — the same word he would use months later before approving the launch of 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles to target a Syrian Air Force base

If this was a “false flag” or a “wag the dog,” it’s a loooong time in the making. A much simpler, less sexy explanation for Trump’s evolution is that he’s surrounded by hawks in his cabinet, starting with Mattis at the Pentagon, and they’ve influenced his views over time. (Mattis’s opinion carries so much weight with Trump that it seems to have convinced to abandon waterboarding as an interrogation strategy.) In particular, Trump’s inner circle is unanimous in viewing Iran as a major threat, and Iran is of course Bashar Assad’s chief regional patron. Beyond that, the U.S. natsec complex has been grumbling for years that Obama did too little as president to warn Assad away from attacks like the one this week in Idlib. Chris Hayes of MSNBC noted on Twitter a few days ago how striking it was that so many former Obama advisors seemed to approve of Trump’s decision to bomb on Thursday, suggesting a lot of unhappiness down the chain within the previous administration about O’s passivity. With practically everyone in a position of power — except Steve Bannon, allegedly — urging him to send a message to Assad and the rest of the world’s bad guys by slapping Assad across the face, go figure that Trump would lean that way too. No conspiracy theory required.

Finally, don’t forget that Putin has been provoking Trump in greater and lesser ways since he took office. The lesser includes fly-bys of U.S. ships by Russian jets; the greater includes violating the INF Treaty, an infraction serious enough to have led Trump to put diplomatic outreach to Moscow on the back burner. O’Donnell’s conspiracy theory, like many conspiracy theories, is essentially unfalsifiable: If Trump and Putin make nice with each other, they’re colluding, but if they end up at odds as they did this week in Syria, they’re … colluding, manufacturing conflict to distract from the evidence of their previous collusion. Short of ordering a shooting war between U.S. and Russian forces, Trump is left with no way to prove that his objection to Assad’s WMD attack is on the level.

Quote:
Old April 8th, 2017, 11:48 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

You know Moomin, you may be right. Looks like Iranians see it your way.

Quote:
Old April 9th, 2017, 03:28 AM
€COM#1

While ISIS, Al-Q and John McCain lined up behind your interpretation. Seems the T is into turning former enemies into friends, 3D chess style!
Old April 9th, 2017, 04:39 AM
€COM#1

Aaaaannd - Pallywood productions, courtesy of UK mooslib terrorists and NBC:

Syrian Chemical Attack Doctor Tried as Jihadist in UK

That's the sort of people who should wield the US military around, of course. For the children.