free hit counter
Libraries get SWAT teams! - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Law and Justice System Legal issues

Old April 17th, 2016, 03:21 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,827 in 1,621 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future
Default Libraries get SWAT teams!

Couple could be jailed for lost library book | New York Post

Quote:
Couple could be jailed for lost library book

TECUMSEH, Mich. — A judge told a Michigan couple they could land in jail for up to 93 days and face a maximum $500 fine for failing to return a novel and a Dr. Seuss book borrowed from the local public library.

Cathy and Melvin Duren of Tecumseh, Michigan, appeared in Lenawee County court on Thursday to each face a misdemeanor charge of failure to return rental property. They owe about $35 in late fees for “The Rome Prophecy,” borrowed in April 2015. They lost a Dr. Seuss book their teenage son borrowed for their granddaughter in July 2014.

“I can’t image going to jail over it, but I certainly will fight these charges because I’m not guilty,” Cathy Duren said.

Although the couple admitted they were negligent in returning the books, they think it’s unfair to each be charged a $105 “diversion fee” to the Lenawee County Economic Crimes Unit in addition to fines owed to the Tecumseh Public Library, WXYZ-TV reported.

The Durens had to pay $100 bond to avoid going to jail last Friday when they were served with arrest warrants.

The couple said they probably will never check out a library book again.
Why should the cops and the federal bureaucracies have a monopoly on the paramilitary fun?
Old April 17th, 2016, 10:07 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

I'e been hoping they force me to start packing.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old April 18th, 2016, 02:47 AM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Enforce silence gets an entirely new dimension...

By the by - you'll be happy to hear that you're participating and promoting a "norm of silence" and thus suppressing "legitimate cultural expressions". Recently, gangs of "refugee children" have started invading public libraries here, running around, talking, shouting, even playing music, dealing drugs and trying to steal from other library patrons. When people complained about it, the County Head Librarian, a Green local politician, wrote an article denouncing the complainers in the terms quoted above.
Old April 18th, 2016, 02:13 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

We just reopened our teen room to "accommodate" the rambunctious youngsters and their " running around, talking, shouting, even playing music," which, rather oddly has lead to "dealing drugs and trying to steal from other library patrons." Thankfully they decided to crack down rather than crack up and perhaps things will improve.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old April 18th, 2016, 02:56 PM
€COM#1

Who are "they"?
Old April 18th, 2016, 04:14 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Library admin. For now.

Quote:
Old April 19th, 2016, 02:12 AM
€COM#1

Well, there is that. At least you didn't get a lecture about how you were whiteoppressing the yuufs.
Old April 19th, 2016, 06:53 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Not yet at least Although our bathrooms are going gender neutral soon. Given that we have had problems with certain members of the public fondling the statuary that should be fun. Can't wait for the first complaint.

Quote:
Old April 19th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
Not yet at least Although our bathrooms are going gender neutral soon.
Actually no they're not - even in the most liberal places you or I still will get arrested if we go in the ladies' room.
Old April 20th, 2016, 08:38 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

We shall see. Although I don't plan on being a test case. I do believe they already had something to this effect somewhere and the guy stood on his "new" right to choose his bathroom and they had to let him.

Quote: