free hit counter
A map to warm Moomin's cold, cold heart. - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Damn Foreigners General International scene

Old October 30th, 2015, 01:31 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,311 in 1,938 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future
Default A map to warm Moomin's cold, cold heart.

Or maybe proof that Poland may want to look into bigger tank obstacles.

The flow towards Europe - Lucify

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old October 30th, 2015, 02:41 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,825 in 1,619 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Really looks like some biblical locust thing, doesn't it?

Well, at least it killed the EU. The handling of this, be it reverse flow or putting into ground, will be long and painful, though.
Old October 30th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,693
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

How can you quote or paraphrase Hank Williams in the thread title Wally, without providing said singer?
Old October 30th, 2015, 02:53 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

I've always wondered why the US was able to forge a single country over a vast continent but Europe is proving unable to. One can point to many reasons but reverting back to a more sustainable set of individual countries seems would be better for them then continuing this nonsense of trying to create a United Europe. America may break apart as well, for many similar reasons, but we still do have some natural cohesion that exists which will help us postpone that result for a while yet. Both of us still can't come to grips with this latest invasion, mainly because we both are trying "Liberal" responses to it I suppose, but the US is still probably better positioned intellectually to adapt the incoming populace than Europe does. But only if we return to the old tried and true process of making them become Americans, and not remain an undigestable lump of victim groups pandered to by politicians excited about the prospect of captive voter blocks and disregarding the future consequences for the temporary political gain. Europe is in the same boat, but lacks, in my opinion, an acceptable old method of dealing with large scale migrations. Unless they want to go all Roman Empire on 'em I suppose.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old October 30th, 2015, 02:54 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
How can you quote or paraphrase Hank Williams in the thread title Wally, without providing said singer?
Is that a new site rule?

Quote:
Old October 30th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,693
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
Is that a new site rule?
Nooooo.... I was just askin, how could you DO that. Be so cold!
Old October 30th, 2015, 03:15 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

You can't handle the HANK!

Quote:
Old October 30th, 2015, 03:17 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
I've always wondered why the US was able to forge a single country over a vast continent but Europe is proving unable to.
Is it much to wonder about? America is mostly the product of ONE particular culture, namely the British. That it worked out for so long with non-Brit immigration was because US assimilation was relentless - the melting pot and all that jazz. (In fact, I've read some interesting speculation elsewhere that it didn't work out all that well - someone did a fairly nice job of mapping the progress of the US state towards stronger authority and more power as a direct result of each immigration wave - German, Italian, Scandinavian, Eastern European - of people who might have learned English and civics superficially but never truly internalized or understood what "the rights of Englishmen" truly meant or demanded.)
Old October 30th, 2015, 03:24 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

I really can't argue with that. But I hate to think we just got lucky in time, place and people.

I saw this earlier today at Instapundit and it dovetails with what you were saying.

Quote:
No less a constitutional authority than John Adams, first vice president and second president of the United States, put it this way: “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” The reason should be obvious: only a self-disciplined, self-restrained, self-reliant people can function with the relatively minimalist government, one whose processes are deliberately slowed and frustrated by checks and balances to maximize personal liberty, as the United States Constitution seeks to do.

It follows, therefore, that a form of religious revival is precisely what is necessary to restore the health of the American civil society, which has been under such relentless assault in recent decades from the Left, if we would wish to save the constitutional order. To that end, recent surveys showing a marked decline in religious observance in the general American population have made depressing reading for people of a conservative mind.

But there is a bright corner, a quiet religious revival which has been underway for the past 40 years or so, spearheaded by a tiny group of visionaries who began building for it as long ago as the 1930s. I am speaking of the American Orthodox Jewish population.

Quote:
Old October 30th, 2015, 03:37 PM
€COM#1

To be sure, the US governmental system, as envisioned by the founders, was nothing short of brilliant. The only true progress - in the real sense of that word - in governance in the world since time immemorial when it happened (I discount the French experiments in that direction for obvious reasons). But one of the ways in which fell into the disrepair we see now is that somewhere along the line people forgot it was a product of and for a specific culture and a specific people and started thinking it was a prescription for universal happiness.