free hit counter
Let's debate Iceland on facebook! - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Damn Foreigners General International scene

Old December 24th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,681
Liked 2,904 in 2,354 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future
Default Let's debate Iceland on facebook!

People are so fucking stupid, really. Here's a little back and forth I had on facebook recently with a all too typical dullard.
ME: Our justice system like every other man-made thing, is not perfect but it is far better than any other on the planet.

DUMBASS: I disagree there too.

ME: Then surely you can name one that is better. Clearly you have a axe to grind, judging from the cop bashing you have done thus far.

DUMBASS: I'm partial to the Icelandic system. No ax to grind here. I do take offense to union bashing in general. Not long ago in Iceland a cop shot someone for the first time ever.

ME: It's not union bashing when facts about it are pointed out. Iceland.... LOL. Nuff said.

DUMBASS: I tried to mitigate the union bashing by showing that the same thing happens in non-union shops. Yup< Iceland. where they jailed the bankers, helped the people and mourned, as a nation, when one of their cops had to shoot someone.

ME: There was no union bashing to mitigate. It is a FACT that you cannot fire a union cop who has been proven corrupt. And actually you should read Iceland's constitution section VII, you will see citizens there actually have no rights at all. They have no right to remain silent, no right to have a attorney present during questioning, no protections against search and seizure.

ME: When facts about something amount to "bashing" it's actually the thought process which concludes that, which needs mitigated.

DUMBASS: They have the right to free speech and healthcare. All the other rights are guaranteed by the way their representation works. Unions, as a whole, are the only thing that made our society great. Police unions make it harder, but not impossible, to fire a bad cop. They do this to try to protect the good ones you mentioned above.

ME: You cannot fire a bad cop who is in a union. You can reassign the bad cop, but not fire.

ME: Iceland constitution Section VI is even more egregious: Article 62
"The Evangelical Lutheran Church shall be the State Church in Iceland and, as such, it shall be supported and protected by the State."

ME: They have NO rights guaranteed. Read their constitution. All such statements claiming any are immediately nullified with "up to the judge," basically.

DUMBASS: But they don't enforce any religion. They are one of the most Atheist countries on earth.

ME: Unions are the ONLY thing that made our society great? C'mon now. ONLY thing? How silly and infantile.

DUMBASS: Name calling. Cool! You win.

ME: They have a state religion that is protected by the state. That is funded by tax dollars. That is the exact OPPOSITE of freedom of religion. READ their constitution.

ME: You were NOT called any name at all. Where do you see that?:

DUMBASS: I have read it. Section VI also guarantees freedom of religion.

ME: It does not. You missed the caveat: "Nothing may however be preached or practised which is prejudicial to good morals or public order." Who decides what "good morals" are? The State Church, of course.

DUMBASS: I was called "silly and infantile".

ME: You were not. Is a remedial reading class in order too? I stated that WHAT YOU SAID was silly and infantile, not that YOU were.

DUMBASS: Oh.

ME: And if you do NOT join the state religion, or any other state approved one, you are taxed: "A person who is not a member of any religious association shall pay to the University of Iceland the dues that he would have had to pay to such an association, if he had been a member." That ain't freedom of religion bub. That's also, ENFORCING religion.

ME: Iceland? Really? You couldn't have picked a worse example.

ME: This is laughable. Freedom of speech? It's just the opposite: "Freedom of expression may only be restricted by law in the interests of public order or the security of the State, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights or reputation of others, if such restrictions are deemed necessary and in agreement with democratic traditions." Who decides what the "morals" are? The State Church, of course.

ME: Right to healthcare? Only that which is deemed necessary by the state: "The law shall guarantee for everyone the necessary assistance in case of sickness, invalidity, infirmity by reason of old age, unemployment and similar circumstances." Gee I wonder who decides what health care is deemed "necessary?"

ME: It's the ultimate Statists wet dream of a "constitution."

ME: And by the way it wasn't the first cop shooting ever in Iceland, it was the first fatality from a cop shooting in Iceland. Police are unarmed in Iceland except for the special forces, and that arming is only a very recent development there. So it's not a relevant statistic they've had only one fatality from a police shooting. You don't even have your most basic facts right.

Dead air.
Old December 24th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yup< Iceland. where they jailed the bankers

That's a good thing? Only if your a statist nutter who likes despotism.
Old December 24th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Tetris Champion Tetris 2 Champion Speedy Thief Champion

Likes Given: 193
Liked 257 in 198 Posts
masterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to behold

Are you sure you're not just imagining having arguments with ed the cynic?
And tore the world assunder.
Old December 24th, 2013, 10:05 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,302 in 1,931 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Didn't Iceland go bankrupt recently?

Quote:
I think its unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair, Helose said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old December 24th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterminion View Post
Are you sure you're not just imagining having arguments with ed the cynic?
Very sure. Unlike Ed, this guy wasn't just nasty for the sake of being nasty, and also gave up when demolished instead of trying to move the goalposts, make false claims about what was said, changing the subject, erecting straw men, and so on like Ed does.
Old December 24th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
Didn't Iceland go bankrupt recently?
Yes, their statist system suffered a total economic collapse.

2008-11 Icelandic financial crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When your debt is 20 times larger than your GDP, this happens.
Old December 24th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

I'm not that patient. I would have said "Iceland? Seriously?" and been done with it. I hate having to research stuff that only matters to the one person I am debating. You now probably know more about Iceland than people in Iceland do.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old December 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
I'm not that patient. I would have said "Iceland? Seriously?" and been done with it. I hate having to research stuff that only matters to the one person I am debating. You now probably know more about Iceland than people in Iceland do.
I didn't have to do much research at first - had this debate with Dallas Grant back on Upoc if you'll remember - but then once I did some fresh checking I was amazed how really truly bad Iceland's "constitution" is.
Old December 25th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
DUMBASS: But they don't enforce any religion. They are one of the most Atheist countries on earth.
That's wrong too. Iceland is mostly religious with 75% of the population belonging to the state church!

Look at the chart!
Old December 25th, 2013, 02:22 PM

Likes Given: 2
Liked 2 in 2 Posts
trevorus is on a distinguished road

"Been spending most me life, living in a statists paradise."