free hit counter
Meet Skippy! - And exactly one year later, Munchy! - Page 3 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Jaw Jackin' General shootin' the bull topics here

Old December 23rd, 2013, 01:26 AM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,699
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel View Post
This shows most of my herd. CalliLou, Rudy, Rufus, Herman and Ruby.

haha! It's Nom time!
Old December 23rd, 2013, 01:27 AM

Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel View Post
This shows most of my herd. CalliLou, Rudy, Rufus, Herman and Ruby.

Sweet!

Post liked by
Old December 23rd, 2013, 01:32 AM
Registered Beer User

Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

If y'all ain't seen it here's everybody except Skippy, including Smudge who is RIP...

Old December 27th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Registered Beer User

One full week now for the Skip cat living here, and all is going smoothly. The other cats have accepted him and he is getting along just fine. After the first couple of days excitement for him, he is sleeping alot more now, which I expected for a newly rescued cat. No matter how well they are treated, fed and so on, captivity in a cage is stressful for cats. They have to convalesce a bit once they feel secure.

Every night when I lay down, he and Runtley and Newley romp and play, thunder-hoofing around, running around on the catwalks, all this goes on for about a hour then they too settle - the little Skip cat sleeps all night at my feet.

All is well.
Old December 28th, 2013, 01:00 AM

lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

Bless his heart! Give him a scritch for me!

Old December 30th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Registered Knucklehead
Smilie Czar

Likes Given: 76
Liked 240 in 178 Posts
Skip to my Lew is a glorious beacon of lightSkip to my Lew is a glorious beacon of lightSkip to my Lew is a glorious beacon of lightSkip to my Lew is a glorious beacon of lightSkip to my Lew is a glorious beacon of lightSkip to my Lew is a glorious beacon of lightSkip to my Lew is a glorious beacon of lightSkip to my Lew is a glorious beacon of light

That's a damned fine name for a kitteh.
Old December 30th, 2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip to my Lew View Post
That's a damned fine name for a kitteh.

Good to see ya!

Old January 5th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Registered Beer User

Skippy's been here TWO weeks now, by the way. Had to take him to the vet Thursday - he hurt his left eye week one, and it wasn't clearing up to suit me so I took him in.

He turned 'em on at the vet place, everyone loving on him and commenting what a sweet boy he is. He takes exam, poking and prodding well, even the violation of the anal thermometer... Most cats draw the line there.

Anyhow he weighed in at a little over 7lbs - pretty hefty for a four month old. His issue is a minor ulcer on his cornea, kind of like a minor skin scrape we might get on our elbow - and it was starting to get infected. The damage is minor though, and the Doc gave me a antibiotic eye drop he gets three times a day. Vet bill was $75... Exactly what I paid to bail him out of jail originally.

He is responding outstandingly to the treatment - the eye has cleared totally up already. He goes back in Tuesday for evaluation.

Probably got it rough housing with the other cats, or falling awkwardly and maybe rubbing it on the carpet. Anyhow, it's minor and he is healing up now that the inflammation and infection are gone.
Old January 5th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Registered Beer User

Folks might not know this but, orange cats are generally dorky, clumsy and uncoordinated even when they're mature. They are high strung and gotta run around alot. They're accident prone as a result.
Old January 5th, 2014, 01:00 PM

**mental note** If I ever get a cat, not to get an orange one, lol!

Dorky and clumsy are part their charm! Glad he is recovering well!