free hit counter
Meet Skippy! - And exactly one year later, Munchy! - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Jaw Jackin' General shootin' the bull topics here

Old December 21st, 2013, 01:27 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future
Default Meet Skippy! - And exactly one year later, Munchy!

So.... I was at PetSmart yesterday loading up on my quarterly cat supplies...

I always avoid the pet adoption area but yesterday I needed to use the restroom as soon as I arrived so on the way to the head, you have to pass by the... pet adoption area.

I happened to look in and saw this ball of yellow/orange fur so I went in and there he was:

Not a very good picture of him but there will be more to come.

Anyhow he saw me and started rolling around, reaching through the cage, and I stuck my finger through and was skritching him on the head, and I happened to read his card. Sure enough he was male and the card said he was just four months old, dropped off at the local SPCA by a lady who said she couldn't keep him. That was way back in September, so that means this little tyke was only a month old when he was dropped off and had been in various jails and pet taxis, all his life.

I still needed to use the restroom so I hustled out of there.

In the restroom while draining the main I was thinking about this little boyee. They had him named "Kipp" and I had already decided a upgrade was necessary. How bout "Skippy" instead?

He looks identical to my other orange cat, Powley and with Powl's record of taking new additions under his wing and with Runtley and Newley still in their romping stage of play life, I decided a new companion for them was in order - this little boyee was gonna win one for a change, today.

His card said he was "fixed" and had all his shots and was in perfect health. He also was on "special" - just 75 bucks!

I left him there while I loaded up my cart and checked out, and presented his card to the checkout lady.

Anyhow, there's lots of paperwork has to be done to adopt a animal from SPCA... And you have to make a trip way out in the boonies where they're located, to do it. But I jumped through all the hoops, crossed all the Ts and dotted all the I's and paid the 75 bucks and they even loaned me a pet taxi to transport him in.

I went back to the store and got him and brought him home.

So, there he is and so far getting along with the others fairly well. He spent the night right up by my head and for a first night with a new cat in the house it was quite peaceful.

He's very playful and it didn't take him long to start thunderhoofing through the house. Powley did his job and showed him where the important things are - the litter boxes! And began monitoring his play with Newley and Runt, who at first didn't take to him but have since joined him in chaseme thunderhoof games.

We got us a Skippy cat!
Old December 21st, 2013, 01:33 PM

Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

Awww, he is just adorable, and very lucky fur baby to have been adopted by you!

Old December 21st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpogie View Post
Awww, he is just adorable, and very lucky fur baby to have been adopted by you!
Ha. I was telling the PetSmart and SPCA people little Skippy had just won the lottery!
Old December 21st, 2013, 01:55 PM

lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

Ha! Ain't that the truth!

Old December 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,827 in 1,621 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Skippy is for
. Rename!
Old December 21st, 2013, 04:16 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

I remember Skippy.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old December 21st, 2013, 06:48 PM

Hmm... must be the land down under version of Lassie.

Old December 21st, 2013, 07:01 PM
Registered Beer User

He was introduced to "Chewy" which is my loud, alert-style code name for the laser pointer... All the cats come running when they hear me go "CHEWY! CHEWY CHEWY!" and they chase the bright red dot anywhere I point it... It's a good socialization tool since the older female cats have been a bit hostile to Skippy, which I expected so the little bright red bug forced them to play with him a bit.

If you wanna get Chewy, you gotta play with Skippy.

That's also my way of rounding them all up quickly in case of disaster or evacuation needed... I yell Chewy, they go where the dot is. In case of emergency the dot goes into a big cage I have when we need to bug out so I can get them all and take them outta there. Like, if a fire broke out or something. I actually drill them on that, if you can believe it.
Old December 21st, 2013, 10:03 PM

Ya know, that's actually a good idea, especially since most animals will scatter and run and hide in that kind of event.

Old December 21st, 2013, 11:39 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpogie View Post
Ya know, that's actually a good idea, especially since most animals will scatter and run and hide in that kind of event.
It works in drills but prolly doesn't in a 4reals situation but heck, at least there's a plan! Hope I never have to test it, real world.