free hit counter
What do the "one percent" pay in taxes? - Page 2 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

The "Social Justice" war - Haves vs. Have-nots Here's where to post threads about the ongoing class warfare strife, the "flea bagger" occupiers, etc.

Old November 18th, 2013, 05:39 PM

Likes Given: 9
Liked 21 in 15 Posts
edthecynic has a spectacular aura aboutedthecynic has a spectacular aura aboutedthecynic has a spectacular aura aboutedthecynic has a spectacular aura aboutedthecynic has a spectacular aura aboutedthecynic has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
It all looks nice when you don't add them right?

1% pays 36.73% of all revenues collected.
5% pays 58.66% of all revenue collected.
10% pays 70.47% of all revenue collected.

You don't get to 90% until you count the top 50% of earners. This is strictly due to numbers, as there are only what? Maybe 20,000 one percenters?

This is the IRS reporting.

The bottom 50% pay 2.25% of all revenue collected. And they are also representative of the highest in population numbers of all other percentages combined.

You want to stay off topic because you've seen the light and given up defending Obama's, "Read my lips, if you like your plan you can keep your plan, period." ???
You changed the subject to taxes because you have yet to counter anything I've posted directly from the law. Posting opinion pieces citing industry opinion pieces does not counter what the law clearly states.

My CBO report breaks up income and taxes into quintiles and only breaks the top quintile into top 1%, next 4%, next 5% and last 10%. It shows the bottom 2 quintiles/40% paying 4.1% of ALL federal taxes, so your 2.25% for the bottom 50% looks off. Of course, you didn't give the year you were using.

Now the bottom pay low taxes because they have small incomes. The top 40% pay 82.6% of ALL taxes on 78.5% of ALL income. So the tax system is only slightly progressive.
Old November 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,681
Liked 2,904 in 2,354 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by edthecynic View Post
You changed the subject to taxes
Umm, wrong. YOU went off topic, now we have a thread for the topic.

You seem to have a beef with the IRS. Join the club, but your beef is with their reported numbers. You should take it up with them.

50% of the top earners pay over 90% of all revenue collected.
The bottom 50% pay 2.25% of all revenue collected.

There's no way around it.

The top one percent pays 36.73% of all revenues collected. This is 20,000 or so people providing over a third of all revenue collected from personal income tax. This does NOT count the excise taxes they pay, or the tax they pay on dividends, this is just off their Adjusted personal Income.

Parasites like Ed want "the rich" to pay even more.
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:16 PM

Liked 21 in 15 Posts
edthecynic has a spectacular aura aboutedthecynic has a spectacular aura aboutedthecynic has a spectacular aura aboutedthecynic has a spectacular aura aboutedthecynic has a spectacular aura aboutedthecynic has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Umm, wrong. YOU went off topic, now we have a thread for the topic.

You seem to have a beef with the IRS. Join the club, but your beef is with their reported numbers. You should take it up with them.

There's no way around it.

The top one percent pays 36.73% of all revenues collected. This is 20,000 or so people providing over a third of all revenue collected from personal income tax. This does NOT count the excise taxes they pay, or the tax they pay on dividends, this is just off their Adjusted personal Income.

Parasites like Ed want "the rich" to pay even more.
I'm not YOU and moomin, and if I went off topic you wouldn't have started this thread with YOU and moomin going at it. I jumped in when YOU invented your 1% pay 90% lie.

And your % is the dishonest income taxes only % which is the only progressive tax, not ALL revenue which would include all the regressive taxes, as you continue to lie. When you include payroll taxes, corporate taxes and excise taxes the top 1% pay 22.3% of ALL federal revenue on 15.4% of total income. That is because the top 1% pay a lot less in payroll and excise taxes than even the poorest quintile. To use the highly regressive excise tax you cited, the bottom 20% pay 12.2% of the total collected and the top 1% pay only 4.4%.
Old November 18th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm not YOU and moomin, and if I went off topic you wouldn't have started this thread with YOU and moomin going at it. I jumped in when YOU invented your 1% pay 90% lie.
You might have noticed that part of the off-topic discussion was over, until you re-started it. Now you see, there is a thread for it.

I know, it sucks for you when I don't let you derail threads you don't like. But that's life.

Quote:
And your % is the dishonest income taxes only % which is the only progressive tax, not ALL revenue which would include all the regressive taxes, as you continue to lie. When you include payroll taxes, corporate taxes and excise taxes the top 1% pay 22.3% of ALL federal revenue on 15.4% of total income. That is because the top 1% pay a lot less in payroll and excise taxes than even the poorest quintile. To use the highly regressive excise tax you cited, the bottom 20% pay 12.2% of the total collected and the top 1% pay only 4.4%.
I cited the IRS's own numbers and percentages. Looks like your beef is with them. Take it up with them.

You'll be safe, just tell them you have been carrying Obama's water for years, they won't audit you! If they need a reference on that, tell them to come see me.
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:34 PM

Liked 21 in 15 Posts

Quote:
You might have noticed that part of the off-topic discussion was over, until you re-started it. Now you see, there is a thread for it.

I know, it sucks for you when I don't let you derail threads you don't like. But that's life.

I cited the IRS's own numbers and percentages. Looks like your beef is with them. Take it up with them.

You'll be safe, just tell them you have been carrying Obama's water for years, they won't audit you! If they need a reference on that, tell them to come see me.
Yeah, you cited the IRS, but you dishonestly represented INCOME TAX ONLY as ALL REVENUE COLLECTED. You then added to your dishonesty by claiming that other taxes, like the excise tax, paid by the rich made their "fair" share even higher when it actually lowered it. The income tax is the only progressive tax, all the other federal taxes are regressive which is why the dishonest people on the Right never include them when comparing the tax burden on each economic class. State and local taxes, like sales taxes are also regressive and therefore never included by the dishonest Right also. When you add in the local taxes the progressivity of the fed income tax is almost completely eliminated. In 2011 the top 1 percent of households received 21.0 percent of income and paid 21.6 percent of taxes.

Last edited by edthecynic; November 18th, 2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Yeah, you cited the IRS, but you dishonestly represented INCOME TAX ONLY as ALL REVENUE COLLECTED.
I did not. I gave you exactly what the IRS says. I am sorry you don't like it, it doesn't fit your preferences. Take it up with them - I'll vouch for you as a committed Obamaphile with no reservation at all. They won't audit you.

The facts remain unassailed. Your charts and graphs from a chronically lying partisan website make no difference.
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Registered Beer User

It takes you sometimes 20 minutes or more to type these replies, and this is all you have for that time invested?
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:18 AM

Liked 21 in 15 Posts

Quote:
I did not. I gave you exactly what the IRS says. I am sorry you don't like it, it doesn't fit your preferences. Take it up with them - I'll vouch for you as a committed Obamaphile with no reservation at all. They won't audit you.

The facts remain unassailed. Your charts and graphs from a chronically lying partisan website make no difference.
Your %s are income taxes only not all federal revenue. You got caught lying about the top 1% paying 90% of all revenue collected and you are not honest enough to admit it, they don't even pay 90% of income taxes.
Thank you.

And any charts that expose the lies of the Right are "partisan" to you, but your sources like the Heritage Foundation or Walter Williams are not the least bit partisan.
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:19 AM

Liked 21 in 15 Posts

Quote:
It takes you sometimes 20 minutes or more to type these replies, and this is all you have for that time invested?
Timing my replies is a sure sign of desperation.
Thank you.
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Your %s are income taxes only not all federal revenue.
That was actually the meter.
Quote:
You got caught lying about the top 1% paying 90% of all revenue collected and you are not honest enough to admit it
There was no lie, only a exaggeration. Still, in real dollars the 20,000 or so top 1% earners pay far more than the bottom 50% (that's 47 million people, at least.)

Quote:
And any charts that expose the lies of the Right are "partisan" to you
If i ever saw any which actually do that, i wouldn't care at all their source. You are yet to post, any.
Quote:
Timing my replies is a sure sign of desperation.
Thank you.
It's actually a sure sign of being bored with your act. Waiting for the kicktoy to bounce back already. You take so much time with your lame replies, it leaves little doubt you're getting your talking points from someone else and are having to wait for them. It's comical. And the replies are only too predictable.

I gave you exactly what the IRS says. I am sorry you don't like it, it doesn't fit your politics or your preferences. Take it up with them - I'll vouch for you as a committed Obamaphile with no reservation at all. They won't audit you.

The facts remain unassailed.