free hit counter
Ted Cruz - Page 2 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Old May 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM

Likes Given: 3
Liked 0 in 0 Posts
poet can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNHarley View Post
What do you guys think of Ted Cruz?
I like him
He has balls and he is blunt and to the point
Reid doesnt like him (+1)
?His voting record looks great
He is against the gang of 8
Didnt have to forfeit his law license (lol)
Names in the top 50 of American litigators
He was considered a "underdog" last year and kicked ass!
Seems like a "real" Republican
His role model is Milton Friedman!

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.
Milton Friedman
The government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem.
Milton Friedman
Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
Milton Friedman
The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.
Milton Friedman
I'm in favor of legalizing drugs. According to my values system, if people want to kill themselves, they have every right to do so. Most of the harm that comes from drugs is because they are illegal.
Milton Friedman
There's no such thing as a free lunch.
Milton Friedman
The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.
Milton Friedman

That man was REALLY about freedom
Cant' stand him....he's an insane sleazeball.
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Space Invaders Champion Breakout Champion Bejeweled Blitz  Champion Bejeweled 2 Champion Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion Classic Breakout Champion Medieval Archer Champion Air Blobs Easy Champion Hexed Champion Ancient jewels 2 Champion Bejeweled 3 Champion

Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet View Post
Cant' stand him....he's an insane sleazeball.
Really? Can you point out his insanity? I certainly haven't seen it.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:37 PM

Likes Given: 1
Liked 4 in 4 Posts
suzie is on a distinguished roadsuzie is on a distinguished road

Ted Cruise is the devil look at his scientoligst brother for crying out loud
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:48 PM

Liked 0 in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel View Post
Really? Can you point out his insanity? I certainly haven't seen it.
One, he's a Tea Partier. Two, he's representing Texas. Three, he's been touted as the new darling of the Republican Party, yet embarrassed himself on numerous occasions. Four, he's a Republican. Five, he's an asshole.
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
One, he's a Tea Partier. Two, he's representing Texas. Three, he's been touted as the new darling of the Republican Party, yet embarrassed himself on numerous occasions. Four, he's a Republican. Five, he's an asshole.
Umm.... SO many stereotypes used and broad brushing there. Aren't self proclaimed "liberals" supposed to be tolerant and not be broad brushing and stereotyping? Do you not practice the philosophy?

Can you not keep it factual and impersonal? Must you personally attack the opposition? Or are you able to name some specifics of policy you disagree with instead?

Last I checked, being from Texas isn't a indicator of insanity any more than being black, or gay, is. Right?

And just FYI - Just because the tea party groups endorsed him does not make him a "tea partier" in fact, he distanced himself from them as much as possible during his last campaign.

The dude is a lawyer who was scooped up from private practice and appointed to his first political office, that of solicitor general for the state of Texas.. He was the first Hispanic so appointed, the youngest person ever to hold the position in the US and also the longest serving SG in state history.

Minorities are okay with you only if they are democrats?
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:30 PM

Liked 0 in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
Umm.... SO many stereotypes used and broad brushing there. Aren't self proclaimed "liberals" supposed to be tolerant and not be broad brushing and stereotyping? Do you not practice the philosophy?

Can you not keep it factual and impersonal? Must you personally attack the opposition? Or are you able to name some specifics of policy you disagree with instead?

Last I checked, being from Texas isn't a indicator of insanity any more than being black, or gay, is. Right?

And just FYI - Just because the tea party groups endorsed him does not make him a "tea partier" in fact, he distanced himself from them as much as possible during his last campaign.

The dude is a lawyer who was scooped up from private practice and appointed to his first political office, that of solicitor general for the state of Texas.. He was the first Hispanic so appointed, the youngest person ever to hold the position in the US and also the longest serving SG in state history.

Please. It's not like your side doesn't stereotype, is it? And please stop stereotyping liberals as "tolerant"...which is used as a control and a defuser. We are tolerant when it is reciprocated.
And no, I cannot keep it impersonal, but I always keep it factual. The entire Republican platform I disagree with. As time goes on, I'll go into detail.
And though I was born in Houston, I was raised in Chicago, and returned to Houston for high school and two years of college, I cannot stand Texas, its' backwardness, and its' racism and bigotry.
And yes, minorities and whites are ok with me if they identify as Democrats or liberals. Sorry.
More Cruz antics:
Ted Cruz slanders war hero, embarrasses Texas and violates Armed Services Committee tradition - The Hill's Pundits Blog
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

I mean really - unlike President Obama, we have Cruz's senior thesis, his college records, you name it. 1995 magna cum laude graduate of Harvard Law School, a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. Professor Alan Dershowitz said, “Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant."

I'm yet to see Obama's Harvard Law School records, or his thesis, or anything really from his college years.

He's authored more than 80 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including nine before the United States Supreme Court. In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz drafted the amicus brief signed by attorneys general of 31 states, which said that the D.C. handgun ban should be struck down as infringing upon the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Cruz also presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

Cruz has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America, by The National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America, and by Texas Lawyer as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century.

Not bad for a Canadian born son of a Cuban immigrant!
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Please. It's not like your side doesn't stereotype
I don't have a side. Now you're ASSUMING, a very intellectually LAZY thing to do. Check out my threads on gay rights, abortion, and some other liberal issues before you stereotype ME, s0n. I'm a A gay/female/black/abortion/separation of church and state/free speech supporting Atheist rightwinger? You need to check yourself.
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
And yes, minorities and whites are ok with me if they identify as Democrats or liberals.
That's not what I asked. The meter was:

Tread carefully now...
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Registered Beer User

Doesn't offer up one quote, not one example of any insults or slander. You're linking us to a blog post that doesn't back up its own assertions.