free hit counter
"Guns are made for killing people." Let's put that nonsense to bed right now. - Page 3 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Assault on the 2nd Amendment Here's the spot to post firearms related threads about proposed new laws, lies about shootings, gun myths, etc.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,695
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos144 View Post
Your trying to rewrite the purpose of the tool. It sure wasnt made to dig a trench or turn a screw or plain a board or wash a window.....Just cause it might have multiple uses does not change the purpose of the tool.
Am I misunderstanding? This is what you would say to the far left guy, or are you saying it to me?

It's a tool made for the purpose of putting a piece of lead on a target. What's so objectionable? It becomes a weapon when used as such, by the user.

Again: The far left guy on facebook says, (I mean, really did say and not just on facebook, it's becoming a far-left mantra) "The rifle used at sandy hook served its intended purpose, killing children." What do YOU say to that?

(Which we know now and it's finally admitted, no rifle was used at SH at all, only handguns.)
Old January 24th, 2013, 03:53 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,826 in 1,620 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
Again: The far left guy on facebook says, (I mean, really did say and not just on facebook, it's becoming a far-left mantra) "The rifle used at sandy hook served its intended purpose, killing children." What do YOU say to that?
I don't know what Tha says to that, but I say it's an absolute understanding of the situation according to your own oft-repeated definition here: weapon == intent. The intent by the operator was to kill, the gun was used, therefore, in your own definition, it did indeed serve its intended purpose.

In fact, given how much you've stressed this whole intent thing, I'm curious why you don't approve of the bold part yourself.
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
I don't know what Tha says to that, but I say it's an absolute understanding of the situation according to your own oft-repeated definition here: weapon == intent. The intent by the operator was to kill, the gun was used, therefore, in your own definition, it did indeed serve its intended purpose.

In fact, given how much you've stressed this whole intent thing, I'm curious why you don't approve of the bold part yourself.
The firearm's intended purpose FOR THAT OPERATION was to kill children, you are right. Because of the intent of the operator.

The goofs on the far left however, aren't using that distinction. They believe the sole purpose of creating such scary looking firearms which are no more dangerous than the Marlin .22 I have, is to kill children.

"Assault weapon" is for killing kids, Marlin .22 hunting rifles are for killing furry animals. Either way, gun owners are sickos. Is the mantra.
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Metal Millitia

Likes Given: 306
Liked 281 in 253 Posts
Thanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Am I misunderstanding? This is what you would say to the far left guy, or are you saying it to me?

It's a tool made for the purpose of putting a piece of lead on a target. What's so objectionable? It becomes a weapon when used as such, by the user.

(Which we know now and it's finally admitted, no rifle was used at SH at all, only handguns.)
The intent of the person is not the same as the purpose of the weapon.....I use my Guns for defense in case I have to use it. The purpose of the Gun stays the same my intent would be the only thing that changes. If you use a gun for target shooting....The gun still is doing what it was made for it was the intent of the person that is different. Guns are made to cause damage....That doesn't mean it has to be a person it damages. Guns are deadly weapons....That isnt going to change with the intent of the user.

In other words it is up the the user to be responsible for how he uses the weapon and not the weapon itself. Commonsense right? Yet you are trying to tell us that a gun is not necessarily designed to be a weapon. No matter what you use it for that it is a weapon doesn't change.
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
The intent of the person is not the same as the purpose of the weapon.....I use my Guns for defense in case I have to use it. The purpose of the Gun stays the same my intent would be the only thing that changes. If you use a gun for target shooting....The gun still is doing what it was made for it was the intent of the person that is different. Guns are made to cause damage....That doesn't mean it has to be a person it damages. Guns are deadly weapons....That isnt going to change with the intent of the user.

In other words it is up the the user to be responsible for how he uses the weapon and not the weapon itself. Commonsense right? Yet you are trying to tell us that a gun is not necessarily designed to be a weapon. No matter what you use it for that it is a weapon doesn't change.
That's actually not what I have been saying. With the unbolded part of your post though, you got it.

By definition, it is not a weapon until used as such. Therefore it is the intent of the user that defines the firearm, at the time.

Same with a hammer. When used to bash a skull, it is a weapon. The user's intent made it so.

This demonization of firearms is prevalent - demonization by a faction that wishes never to assign blame or make judgements on actions of people. They blame shift away from the shooter and to the evil weapon. And we're letting them get away with it.

I blame the killer - it doesn't matter the weapon used.
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Metal Millitia

Liked 281 in 253 Posts
Thanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's actually not what I have been saying. With the unbolded part of your post though, you got it.

By definition, it is not a weapon until used as such. Therefore it is the intent of the user that defines the firearm, at the time.

Same with a hammer. When used to bash a skull, it is a weapon. The user's intent made it so.

This demonization of firearms is prevalent - demonization by a faction that wishes never to assign blame or make judgements on actions of people. They blame shift away from the shooter and to the evil weapon. And we're letting them get away with it.

I blame the killer - it doesn't matter the weapon used.
Oh I bet you the left blames the killer as well but it wouldn't help their agenda to say so.
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Oh I bet you the left blames the killer as well but it wouldn't help their agenda to say so.
They don't, and never have. It's always the upbringing, bullying as a youth, something other than the person.

EXCEPT of course, if the killer happens to be what they would define as a "right winger!"

So yeah. In their minds they have this massive grey area between right and wrong, with only tiny slivers of color representing the right/wrong ends of the scale.

Back to firearms - you may have read before where I explained the dispassionate definition of them I use was taught to me, starting very young. Perhaps if everyone was taught that way, we wouldn't see near as many irresponsible target choices.

I have never used any of my firearms as weapons. I am trained however, to do so if the need arises. I cannot honestly tell you if I would shoot someone who had broken into my house for example, one never really knows that for sure until that time comes - but I DO know that my training would take over in that situation and it is very likely the intruder would earn several .44 or 9mm rounds in his mid-torso area.

But see, none of us can really answer that for sure, honestly. Most believe they can but no, they really can't. If they think about it.
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Metal Millitia

Liked 281 in 253 Posts

Quote:
They don't, and never have. It's always the upbringing, bullying as a youth, something other than the person.

EXCEPT of course, if the killer happens to be what they would define as a "right winger!"

So yeah. In their minds they have this massive grey area between right and wrong, with only tiny slivers of color representing the right/wrong ends of the scale.

Back to firearms - you may have read before where I explained the dispassionate definition of them I use was taught to me, starting very young. Perhaps if everyone was taught that way, we wouldn't see near as many irresponsible target choices.

I have never used any of my firearms as weapons. I am trained however, to do so if the need arises. I cannot honestly tell you if I would shoot someone who had broken into my house for example, one never really knows that for sure until that time comes - but I DO know that my training would take over in that situation and it is very likely the intruder would earn several .44 or 9mm rounds in his mid-torso area.

But see, none of us can really answer that for sure, honestly. Most believe they can but no, they really can't. If they think about it.
Let me ask you something.....If a sword is never used in a fight is it not still a weapon? A sword is one of the few weapons actually designed for up close combat.....Yet I dont remember the last time one was used in war. A weapon is a weapon. there is no middle ground. Just cause I can use almost anything as a weapon doesn't change that certain things are made to be a weapon. Having a weapon isnt evil.....Thats a progressive tactic...to make you feel guilty cause you own a weapon....As if just owning one means you want to hurt people. We dont need to change the definition of the weapon we need to change the thinking of the people. .... This is how progressives have been so successful in the last hundred years. They didnt just change the names of things they changed how people thought of them.
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Let me ask you something.....If a sword is never used in a fight is it not still a weapon? A sword is one of the few weapons actually designed for up close combat.....Yet I dont remember the last time one was used in war. A weapon is a weapon. there is no middle ground. Just cause I can use almost anything as a weapon doesn't change that certain things are made to be a weapon. Having a weapon isnt evil.....Thats a progressive tactic...to make you feel guilty cause you own a weapon....As if just owning one means you want to hurt people. We dont need to change the definition of the weapon we need to change the thinking of the people. .... This is how progressives have been so successful in the last hundred years. They didnt just change the names of things they changed how people thought of them.
I excepted military firearms, which clearly ARE designed and intended for combat, for killing. Swords would seem to fit that mold as well. However there are swords which are strictly ornamental.

I am talking about domestically available public firearms, and yes, how we should THINK of them and how we should teach the view of them. "Guns are for shooting people" gets into the public consciousness for a reason - repetition. They are NOT for shooting people. People are a poor and irresponsible target choice by the user. The firearm doesn't choose and doesn't care.

The definition of the word "weapon" was posted earlier. In that definition, it's clear it's all about intent. It's not a weapon in strict terms, until used as such.
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:04 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,312 in 1,939 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

I bet that weapon came with the "Only use to kill children" special sticker.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.