free hit counter
People cheer as woman is shot 9 times....... - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan All the latest on the ME battle zones and confrontational regimes.

Old July 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM

Likes Given: 4
Liked 49 in 40 Posts
Abogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura about
Default People cheer as woman is shot 9 times.......

Electronic cigarette causes huge terror alert in UK | Digital Trends

Quote:
Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- A shot rings out, but the burqa-clad woman sitting on the rocky ground does not respond.

The man pointing a rifle at her from a few feet away lets loose another round, but still there is no reaction.

He fires a third shot, and finally the woman slumps backwards.

But the man fires another shot.

And another. And another.

Nine shots in all.

Around him, dozens of men on a hillside cheer: "God is great!"

Officials in Afghanistan, where the amateur video was filmed, believe the woman was executed because two Taliban commanders had a dispute over her, according to the governor of the province where the killing took place.

Both apparently had some kind of relationship with the woman, said Parwan province governor Abdul Basir Salangi.

"In order to save face," they accused her of adultery, Salangi said.
That's bad enough. When I saw the headline I actually thought this had occurred in some 'hood' in this country. And would not have been surprised.
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM
TRIBUNUS ANGUSTICLAVIUS

Likes Given: 115
Liked 297 in 258 Posts
American Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to all

Would it be too hard to condemn the people who condone this?
Oh... I know... that goes without saying.It's what we expect.

Visit My Album
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:15 PM

Liked 49 in 40 Posts
Abogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Horse View Post
Would it be too hard to condemn the people who condone this?
Oh... I know... that goes without saying.It's what we expect.
The sad thing is we expect it here as well in some places.

But expecting it and condemning it, and the people who condone it, are not mutually exclusive, Horse.
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM
TRIBUNUS ANGUSTICLAVIUS

Liked 297 in 258 Posts
American Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to all

Has that happened here in this century? If so, in what demo group?

I'll just say this; when things like that happen, I don't acccept it apathetically, and without comment. What was happening there was openly condoned by the powers that be, and no one in the local culture dare speak up against it.

As American parallels we have George Zimmerman? Major Hassan?

Visit My Album
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:30 PM

Liked 49 in 40 Posts

Quote:
Has that happened here in this century? If so, in what demo group?

I'll just say this; when things like that happen, I don't acccept it apathetically, and without comment. What was happening there was openly condoned by the powers that be, and no one in the local culture dare speak up against it.

As American parallels we have George Zimmerman? Major Hassan?
I recall instances of violence toward people during which the onlookers either did nothing or encouraged it. Usually with street gangs. But Google is tired of the heat. Not going to post links. We all remember someting. Those kinds of things may not be overtly supported by the government here, but the deterrent just isn't there. And the punishment often doesn't fit the crime.

I don't know about Zimmerman as an example of this. Nor Hassan. It may seem as though some are cheering Zimmerman on, but it is not clear whether he broke any law. Whether that is actually the case is going to depend on who the jury believes. Hassan, I'm sure he was cheered in the middle east, but I doubt anyone where he worked cheered him on.

The whole middle east thing blows, IMO. We go in there and we tolerate shit like this so we can get oil. IMO, we need to get the hell out and leave sans oil, or get in there and force some kind of civilization to come to that part of the world. That will not happen without some other country forcing it. The people who did this just climed down out of the trees. And I get oh so tired of the mantra on how wonderful and peaceful islam is.

Last edited by Abogada; July 8th, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM
TRIBUNUS ANGUSTICLAVIUS

Liked 297 in 258 Posts

Maybe the higgs boson would solve the energy problem for us. We only get about 20 pct of our oil from the ME. Our presence there is more that of a world leader in an otherwise leaderless world. We could completely solve our energy problems with conventional sources, and right here in North America, but, what? We want to depend on an international hot-spot for some reason or other. I call lack of leadership on that one.

Visit My Album
Old July 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM

Liked 49 in 40 Posts

Correct link for the story:

Video: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer - CNN.com

Sorry. Didn't notice.
Old July 8th, 2012, 06:09 PM

Liked 49 in 40 Posts

Quote:
Maybe the higgs boson would solve the energy problem for us. We only get about 20 pct of our oil from the ME. Our presence there is more that of a world leader in an otherwise leaderless world. We could completely solve our energy problems with conventional sources, and right here in North America, but, what? We want to depend on an international hot-spot for some reason or other. I call lack of leadership on that one.
Obviously our 'leadership' leaves something to be desired.
Old July 8th, 2012, 06:49 PM
TRIBUNUS ANGUSTICLAVIUS

Liked 297 in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abogada View Post
Obviously our 'leadership' leaves something to be desired.
No question about that, from a country of 300-milion souls. Compare the USA of today for talent and the ancient City of Rome. It had a seemingly unparalleled talent pool to draw from, in a city of about a half million in the Republican period.

Visit My Album
Old July 9th, 2012, 07:27 AM

Liked 49 in 40 Posts

Quote:
No question about that, from a country of 300-milion souls. Compare the USA of today for talent and the ancient City of Rome. It had a seemingly unparalleled talent pool to draw from, in a city of about a half million in the Republican period.
Unfortunately, much of the 'talent' that is homegrown can't see it. They would rather be pimps and hos while foreigners move in and take their birthright!