free hit counter
Christianity calls for the death of all who preach other religions - Page 8 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Philosophy Wax philosophical...

Old August 12th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
GENEVA: The world's largest atom smasher has set a record for high-energy collisions by crashing two proton beams at three times more force than ever before in their attempt to create mini-versions of the Big Bang that led to the birth of the universe 13.7 billion years ago.

The $10 billion Large Hadron Collider directed the beams into each other on Tuesday as part of its ambitious bid to reveal details about theoretical particles and microforces. The collisions start a new era of science for researchers working on the machine below the Swiss-French border at Geneva.

Scientists at a control room at the European Organization for Nuclear Research, or CERN, broke into applause when the first successful collisions were recorded. Their colleagues from around the world were tuning in by remote links.
Source

These are our first chances at "observing" the Big Bang. So far, so good, but it is still in the early stages.

Well if you don't believe the Bible, and you don't believe in the Big Bang, than I am not sure what we are debating here.

To the matter at hand, using creation as described in the Bible or the Big Bang, there would be a beginning of time. String Theory is a whole other ballgame, but String Theory would also require a beginning of time for the spin off Universes created in the collisions, as it relates to each new Universe. In other words, while time would pre-date a newly formed Universe (or better stated, multi-verse), time in that Universe would begin at the collision as I understand it. I am not big on String Theory because it was inherently flawed from its conception, yet they just keep reworking it to try to get around its direct contradictions to known science.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Chewing my nails

Likes Given: 18
Liked 17 in 16 Posts
UrPrsnlJesus is infamous around these parts

It has come to my attention that some are saying that in my time spent on earth that I specifically repealed this edict from on high. I did not. It is true that I would like you to kill those who worship other gods. However, I also told you monkeys "Thou shalt not kill". Therefore, I clearly intended for you to use what little logical capabilities you have and come to the only obvious conclusion. While it is against my law for you to directly kill them, it is not against my law for you to encourage them to become fans of the Cleveland Browns. Give it a few years, and they will kill themselves to end the misery.

Carry on.
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Dreamcrusher

Likes Given: 53
Liked 102 in 67 Posts
Mr.Fitnah will become famous soon enoughMr.Fitnah will become famous soon enoughMr.Fitnah will become famous soon enoughMr.Fitnah will become famous soon enough

So how do you like Idaho ?
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:50 AM

Likes Given: 514
Liked 552 in 433 Posts
superpsycho is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
Source

These are our first chances at "observing" the Big Bang. So far, so good, but it is still in the early stages.

Well if you don't believe the Bible, and you don't believe in the Big Bang, than I am not sure what we are debating here.

To the matter at hand, using creation as described in the Bible or the Big Bang, there would be a beginning of time. String Theory is a whole other ballgame, but String Theory would also require a beginning of time for the spin off Universes created in the collisions, as it relates to each new Universe. In other words, while time would pre-date a newly formed Universe (or better stated, multi-verse), time in that Universe would begin at the collision as I understand it. I am not big on String Theory because it was inherently flawed from its conception, yet they just keep reworking it to try to get around its direct contradictions to known science.
Sting theory as well as a number of other models are there trying to get around the basic problem of empty space or solid space. With particle theory you can't get particle interaction when you get to the smallest particles. With wave theory if you haven't got empty spaces how do things move. String theory is a replacement for particle theory and is just another way of stating wave theory but you still end up with the same problem. In this case how does the string vibrate with out empty spaces so things can move.

One example of observation not fitting theory. The big bang has a predicted cut off frequency of the background radiation. Which would make since with an explosion. The observations show no cut off. The background radiation continues up in frequency as far as we can measure, which they have no way of explaining within the big bang model.