free hit counter
Are we the only ones? - Page 4 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Philosophy Wax philosophical...

Old May 15th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abogada View Post
My cat frets when I'm not feeling well. Is it about me or ultimately about her?
When I was a kid, I got hit by a pickup truck while riding my bike. I broke both of my wrists and my right shoulder, had a severe gash in the back of my head, street pizza on the entire right side of my face. The driver didn't stop. He left me there to die. When I woke up in the street my entire shirt was soaked in blood. I made my way home but couldn't open the door to get in the house. There was a lounge chair in the back yard so I laid in it and lost consciousness again. My mom opened the door to let the dog out, and she wouldn't go back inside when my mom called her. She came out to see what was going on and found me there with the dog licking my wrists. For all of the obvious damage all over me, this dog had found the last thing anyone would have thought was hurting and was trying to fix it.

My family always remarked at how smart the dog was to know that my wrists were broken when they were the only part of me that didn't show the damage. Of course, when I got to the hospital the first thing they did was remove the paint chips in the back of my head from the tailgate of the truck that hit me then stitch me back up. I wondered aloud "If the doctor had ignored everything else and went straight to my wrists, would you have remarked as to how smart he was?"

Animals know that you are sick in the same way that they know that you moved a chair. They don't care. The dog was only licking my wrists to get the blood that was running down my arm. We try to assign wisdom and emotion to animals that don't even recognize their own reflection in a mirror.

A dog chases his tail because he doesn't know that it is him. If he catches it, he bites it and yipes and runs away. If he doesn't even know that he has a body, then how can we expect him to understand the concept of the body dying? Dogs go away to die for the same reasons that cats go away to have kittens. They are hurting and they just want to be left alone.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Horse View Post
Our last one, a very affectionate Staffy, got to that point, and though a series of pills could bring her back perhaps one more time, each time it was to a lower level than before. On the last day of her life, although it was a very cold day, she insisted on going outside, and when outside she went to the furthest point of our fenced in yard from the house.

I tried to keep her inside because outside she would die from exposure, but she stood in front of the sliding door just looking out through the glass at a cold frosty day in better times she would want no part of.. It seemed she would not lie down or sit because any attitude other than standing would not communicate her very strong intent to be let out. She had lost all capacity to make sounds from the throat.

Finally I opened the door and she staggered out, through her plastic curtain door, down a ramp I'd built when a stroke had made steps unmanageable for her, and out to that penultimate spot on a rise where the chain- link fence formed a corner. A check of her heartbeat was weak almost to being undetectable, likewise her breathing. An hour later she was rigid from rigor mortis and bereft of any body heat.

She had insisted on being allowed to escape her misery in death.
Serial killers torture animals as kids. Animal lovers do it as adults. This is proof positive that the worst thing you can do to an animal is give it to a human that loves it. lol

I don't say that judgmentally either. I don't like animals so I couldn't care less what people do to them. It's just an observation.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old January 27th, 2018, 07:00 AM

Likes Given: 0
Liked 0 in 0 Posts
moyan is on a distinguished road

here,ilike