free hit counter
All your money belongs to the government - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Law and Justice System Legal issues

Old June 8th, 2016, 01:01 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,302 in 1,931 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future
Default All your money belongs to the government

And maybe, if you are really nice they may let you have some.

Quote:
Now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a device that also allows them to seize money in your bank account or on prepaid cards.
It's called an ERAD, or Electronic Recovery and Access to Data machine, and state police began using 16 of them last month.

Here's how it works. If a trooper suspects you may have money tied to some type of crime, the highway patrol can scan any cards you have and seize the money.

...Troopers insist this isn't just about seizing cash.

"I know that a lot of people are just going to focus on the seizing money. That's a very small thing that' s happening now. The largest part that we have found ... the biggest benefit has been the identity theft," Vincent said.

"If you can prove can prove that you have a legitimate reason to have that money it will be given back to you. And we've done that in the past," Vincent said about any money seized.
Legitimate reason to have money? You know have to bow and scrape before the government and say "Please sir, may I keep some?"

link

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old June 8th, 2016, 02:00 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 760
Liked 1,819 in 1,613 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

The asset forfeiture thing is kinda weird. I mean, how does it play with that whole innocent until proven guilty notion, hey?

The police can and regularly does seize "suspect" assets here as well. But they are frozen during investigation and trial and unfailingly returned on innocent verdict or in case of failure to indict entirely. The whole stop-cars-and-shake-down cash thing is downright soviet.
Old June 8th, 2016, 03:00 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Gotta feed the government. The Courts have stop this some times, to some extent, but the government always try it in some other fashion.

And on a some what related and just as dangerous note.

Quote:
GOT A CREDIT CARD OR A MORTGAGE? THEN CFPB KNOWS ALL ABOUT YOU: Officials at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – the hybrid financial regulatory agency President Obama and a Democratic Congress created in 2010 – are accumulating what may well be the world’s largest database of information on American consumers. And CFPB’s bureaucrats refuse to tell Congress how or why they are doing so, or what specifically they intend to do with the data.

Now, the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, chaired by Texas Republican Lamar Smith, has asked Mark Bialek, the Federal Reserve’s Inspector General, to disclose everything it knows about the CFPB data collection operation. Bialek is involved because Obama and the Capitol Hill Democrats put CFPB in the Federal Reserve, which essentially puts the bureau beyond congressional oversight.

What is known, according to the Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group’s Richard Pollock, is the database is being created “by pulling private consumer records from 7,062 financial institutions and 300 credit card issuers without the permission of the record holders. The bureau has rebuffed previous congressional queries about its big data program and the measures it has taken to protect the security of millions of records and the privacy of the people covered by the records.”

In other words, not only are these unaccountable bureaucrats collecting the intimate financial data about hundreds of millions of Americans, they won’t say how they are protecting the information from hackers. Let’s just hope they aren’t consulting colleagues elsewhere in the federal bureaucracy such as the Office of Personnel Management.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.

Last edited by walruskkkch; June 8th, 2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old June 8th, 2016, 03:05 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

That's rather weak, innit? After you've presented your financial butt cheeks for IRS probing, it does not really feel like there's much of that left to hide.
Old June 8th, 2016, 03:43 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Make sure all your gun purchases are in cash.

Quote:
Old June 8th, 2016, 04:34 PM
€COM#1

Well, if you bought guns with cc:s, that's been open through the clearing banks since forever.

Anyway, the War on Cash is a much bigger subject, and one that I think isn't yet being felt in America the way it is in Europe. The state wants total control over all your transactions, but scary as that is, that is really only a fringe benefit as far as they are concerned.
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,681
Liked 2,904 in 2,354 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Saw all of this coming way back shortly after 9/11 and since then i don't keep my money where they can get it - just enough in my account every month to pay the bills I pay electronically.

All of the "doomsday preppers" make me laugh, they hoard everything except their cash - they think the banks will somehow survive the apocalypse, and they also buy gold forgetting how FDR seized all gold and made it illegal to own back at the start of the depression.

By the way, after the apocalypse when money is worthless and the banks are gone, who the fuck is gonna give you anything for gold? It's worthless at that point too.
Old June 9th, 2016, 11:37 AM
€COM#1

Indeed. Real prepper currency is diesel, generators, cold storage, antibiotics, canned food, water purification stills and filters, hunting and fishing gear, years worth of crop seed, guns and ammo. And proper clothing, of course.

Everything else is utterly worthless. So you buy a gold bar for a yearly wage before the doom to trade it against one meal after? That's a splendid exchange rate, pal.

But gold isn't useless in a post-cash world. There, it might be the only reasonably stable medium of exchange for any transaction that you want off the books.