free hit counter
September 11, 2001 - Your narrative. The 5 W's and the H - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

History US history topics

Old September 10th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,688
Liked 2,905 in 2,355 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future
Default September 11, 2001 - Your narrative. The 5 W's and the H

Let's all share the 5 W's and the H of our 9/11 experience.

Who were you with or around?
What were you doing?
Where were you?
When did you first hear about it?
How did you react, and
Why

I'll start:

Was working in a large manufacturing plant.... A co-worker told me he heard on the radio a small twin engine plane had accidentally crashed into the WTC. I told him, "Impossible that's an accident," because I had done some flying myself. He got a little miffed, was like "They are SAYING it's a accident" and I was like, "Nate - there is no damn way a plane flies into a building of that size by accident. If there is trouble with the plane the pilot is going to find SOME other option."

Anyhow a few minutes later he came and got me, said "Now it's a jumbo jet, a 747 not a small plane" and I knew right then what we had. I told him "this is a terrorist attack pal."

Went into the conference room and turned on Fox News.... Used the radio and the phone to gather the office and management staff in there. We all watched the second plane hit, and the towers fall. The women were crying as well as some of the men.

I would say, with ten years of time to think about it - it was a bad day overall.
Old September 10th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,688
Liked 2,905 in 2,355 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

No takers?
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Agent P

Likes Given: 184
Liked 295 in 211 Posts
xsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
Let's all share the 5 W's and the H of our 9/11 experience.

Who were you with or around?
What were you doing?
Where were you?
When did you first hear about it?
How did you react, and
Why
I was at this location when I first heard the news: 34.747132,-92.407182

I was alone on my way to work when the radio announcer said a plane had just hit the WTC. It was about 7:45 a.m. I wanted to get to work because we had a big project to finish with a company out of State, but everyone was glued to the TV the entire day.
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:07 AM
alpha female

Likes Given: 513
Liked 777 in 567 Posts
boedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of light

I was home with mr. boe. He had gotten up early, I was still in bed. He came into our bedroom and flipped on the TV, telling me that there had been a terrible accident at the WTC. We were watching as the second plane hit, to which I responded "that was no accident".

I sent emails to my little company at that time (a start up), telling everyone they could stay home if they wished. We also had people on a business trip to NYC, so I spent the morning tracking them down to make sure they were safe (they were). Getting them home was an ordeal. They finally found a rental car and did a cross country road trip.

mr. boe also contacted his team at his company telling them he could stay home. His boss got upset and fired him. Lovely. It was for the best. It was a lousy company with corrupt management.

We spent the day watching the coverage and then when out for a late lunch at a local cafe to clear our heads for a bit. It was surreal, sitting at a sidewalk table with beautiful weather while knowing about the carnage that was going on. After lunch, we went home and stayed up late watching the news.

My general memory is one of numb horror and grief.

I hate that day and what it did to the victims, their loved ones, and our country.
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:10 AM
alpha female

Likes Given: 513
Liked 777 in 567 Posts
boedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of lightboedicca is a glorious beacon of light

One other comment: I have not and will not watch any of the 24/7 coverage that has been going on. It's enough for me to read articles about the ceremonies, but I don't want to relive the day.
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM

Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

I was at my brother's, had just gotten up, half asleep I turned on the TV and caught it just as the first plane hit. I thought WTH...this is a horrible movie! Then my brother called from work to explain to me what I had just seen. I spent the day watching the coverage, trying to process this unbelievable event.

Old September 11th, 2011, 12:25 PM
countrygirl

Likes Given: 769
Liked 305 in 263 Posts
bluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to all

I was watching tv.dont remember the show when the anouncement came over the screen saying what happened so i turned the news channel on and watched the first plane seeing it was a accident, but later seen the next plane hit and was telling every one what happened,and in shock .it was a horrable thing. and i seen this morning all the coverage of it but only watched some of it.
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Neener Neener Neener
Bugz Champion Battleship Champion Press Your Luck Champion Cat Bowling Champion Bejeweled Champion Butterfly Fields Champion Chinese Checkers Champion Connect 4 Champion Flag Connect Champion Night of the zombie kittens Champion Virus 3 Champion Letter A Mahjong Champion Fun Fun Candy Champion Glum Ball Champion Alloy Arena Champion Aztec Mind 2 Champion

Likes Given: 11
Liked 26 in 22 Posts
JudgeMental has a spectacular aura aboutJudgeMental has a spectacular aura aboutJudgeMental has a spectacular aura aboutJudgeMental has a spectacular aura aboutJudgeMental has a spectacular aura about

I was at work, on the assembly line, .
a co-worker came out of the break room and told everyone that a plane hit the tower of the WTC, ' our foreman got a call from the front office to shut down production.

We gathered in the break room and watched as the second plane hit the other tower./ Everyone went silent- after about 5 minutes people started commenting about making
calls home, and wondering about their kids at school and such.
about an hour later, we were all sent home...
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Agent P

Likes Given: 184
Liked 295 in 211 Posts
xsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of lightxsited1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by boedicca View Post
One other comment: I have not and will not watch any of the 24/7 coverage that has been going on. It's enough for me to read articles about the ceremonies, but I don't want to relive the day.
Me, neither. The most disturbing thing was watching people jump to their deaths.
Old September 12th, 2011, 01:24 PM
countrygirl

Likes Given: 769
Liked 305 in 263 Posts
bluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsited1 View Post
Me, neither. The most disturbing thing was watching people jump to their deaths.
And listening to people talk to there loved ones on the cell phone and could'nt get out.