free hit counter
Cherish the first - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Old December 9th, 2016, 03:08 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,828 in 1,622 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future
Default Cherish the first

or you'd have star chambers like this one in Europe:

Quote:
Dutch anti-Islam political leader Geert Wilders has been convicted of insulting a group and inciting discrimination. But no penalty was imposed by the court near Amsterdam on Wilders, whose party is leading in polls ahead of parliamentary elections in March. Wilders was also acquitted of inciting hate over telling supporters in March 2014 he would ensure there were fewer Moroccans in the Netherlands.
The only thing that stands between this sort of sordid misery and the US is the first. And you had better guard it well - currently I see plenty of US conservatives trying to explain how their opinions aren't "hate speech" and thus deserve first amd. protection. Needless to say, this is utter and complete nonsense. The real defense should be offense: "Hate speech? We call that free speech round this parts, faggot bitch, and if you don't like it you can leave for Africa and take you pet monkey Obama with you."
Old December 9th, 2016, 07:48 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
or you'd have star chambers like this one in Europe:

The only thing that stands between this sort of sordid misery and the US is the first. And you had better guard it well - currently I see plenty of US conservatives trying to explain how their opinions aren't "hate speech" and thus deserve first amd. protection. Needless to say, this is utter and complete nonsense. The real defense should be offense: "Hate speech? We call that free speech round this parts, faggot bitch, and if you don't like it you can leave for Africa and take you pet monkey Obama with you."
Only thing that protects the First is the Second.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old December 10th, 2016, 04:11 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Nope. The second is useless if you've already collectively accepted "hate speech" as a limitation on the first and given the power to decide what is to Jugears and his tranny squad. At that point, the second buys you Waco and a bunch of condemnation from MSNBC and Fox.
Old December 10th, 2016, 05:12 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Nope, it may have to come down to brass tacks, but if it does then 2 protects 1. But you gotta want it, just like 1 protects 2. It has to be a mutual protection. Of course we all can surrender unconditionally, the Left certainly wants us to, the question still remains how do they force us to surrender if we do notwant to. Things at times don't look good, but I still believe it is an open question.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old December 11th, 2016, 02:18 PM
€COM#1

Short of a large scale uprising, the second buys you exactly nothing. The cops use it as an excuse for spraying and praying when doing SWATing and forced entries, that's about it. It has some use as a personal safety measure in vibrant neighbourhoods, but against the state it's laughably inoperable.

The first now, is everything that is still awesome with America. No wonder everyone and their genderqueer pony is trying to bury it.
Old December 11th, 2016, 06:13 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

But we still have our guns. Until they disarm us they can never be certain about how things will shake out. What we let them do short of that has to be more aggressively defensive, but that can be done. If we want to do it.

Quote:
Old December 12th, 2016, 04:36 AM
€COM#1

I am not dissing the second. I'm just saying that as impacts on your actual freedom goes, it has a role so minuscule compared to the first it cannot even be measured with an electron microscope.
Old December 12th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Slowly and incrementally eroding the freedoms is how they work. Best way to erode them is to get people on board for what they think are good reasons. That's what the whole "bullying" thing is really about. Mean ole bullies, the government should punish them!

You would be surprised how much traction this is getting, people don't realize that in the name of "stopping bullies," they are begging the government to start curtailing speech. Never thinking that the definition of "bullying" is very subject to change without advance notice.
Old December 13th, 2016, 05:29 PM
€COM#1

Yup. Bullying was the hate speech of the 90's and the 00's. Fake news is now rapidly joining hate speech, although I suspect that trend won't last - I mean, MSM pushing it is just a bit too rich and will eventually get buried like civility was, for mostly the same reasons.
Old December 13th, 2016, 05:32 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Can we at least agree that Whiney Speech should be banned?

Quote:
Post liked by