free hit counter
U.S. Sniper Chris Kyle Shot And Killed - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Military Armed forces strategies, news and comments

Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up U.S. Sniper Chris Kyle Shot And Killed

>>>>Source<<<<

Quote:

Mr. Kyle, 38, author of the best selling book “American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History,” was with a struggling former soldier on just such an outing on Saturday, hoping that a day at a shooting range would bring some relief, said a friend, Travis Cox.

But the Texas authorities said Sunday that for unknown reasons, the man turned on Mr. Kyle and a second man, Chad Littlefield, shooting and killing both before fleeing in a pickup truck.

“Chad and Chris had taken a veteran out to shoot to try to help him,” Mr. Cox said. “And they were killed.”

The police identified the gunman as Eddie Ray Routh, a 25-year-old veteran with a history of mental illness who had served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. The police offered no information about a possible motive.
How does this happen? Haven't the lines of the debate been clearly drawn? Isn't there more awareness now than ever before about the dangers of people with mental health issues having weapons? We had a saying in the Marines that was born for this occasion. Good initiative, bad judgement. Chris Kyle had his heart in the right place, but his head was up his ass. Yes, we need to help our troops who come home with mental health problems they suffered while doing our dirty work. No, you can't hand them a loaded weapon while they still suffer from their issues. And in Texas of all places?

I grew up in Connecticut. I was raised in a household that was free of guns, and I was not allowed to even have toy guns. I was never trained by my father in the use of firearms for hunting or for any other purpose. My family wasn't liberal or anti-gun. We just didn't have them, but we were taught that a gun was not a toy. I do not currently own a gun nor do I intend to, but I have always respected the right of others to own one. Yet now I find myself questioning this notion. Chris Kyle grew up in Odessa Texas with guns and hunting as a part of his life and went on to become a Navy Sniper. If his judgement with a firearm can be this poor, how in the world can I trust a guy with my upbringing to handle the same weapon?

I can't say that this will ultimately change my position on the issue, but I can say it severely wounds my position on the issue. I have the intellectual honesty to admit that. The age of the second amendment has nothing to do with its practicality, but our culture does. I can't tell you how many times I have heard an idiot liberal talk show host say that the second amendment was written during the age of the single shot musket, and thus limits out right to keeping and bearing such devices. Kind of funny when you think of it, isn't it? I am willing to cede your point that the founding fathers could not have envisioned an AK 47 if you will accept my notion that the founding fathers also could not have seen a scenario where you could sit at a desk in New York and beam your voice up to a satellite where it will be sent back down to a receiver in my truck. If the second amendment limits my gun rights to a single shot musket, then the first limits your free speech right to cupping your hands and yelling.

There is a structure of law and order that must be followed here. Out of a true respect for the Constitution I cannot support a flat out gun ban. But out of the overwhelming evidence of a society that just can't seem to handle the damn things, I wonder if it is time to consider an amendment that severely limits the ownership and usage rights of these weapons altogether. Perhaps I'm just saddened by the loss of one of the few heroes we know today, and disappointed with the bad decision that proved to be his last. Maybe tomorrow I will get my gun rights groove back, but I don't know. This is a tough one. Newtown Connecticut showed what a lunatic can do when a gun falls in his hands. That is an anomaly, not our culture.

Chris Kyle was one of the mainstays that we would point to. He is a man who knew that weapon well, respected it, and used it for good to save the lives of our troops. Newtown was a cultural flaw that we know is there and can't really fix. There will always be crazy people and they will do insane things. No law can prevent that. You take the guns and they will use knives, see China. Chris, on the other hand, wasn't part of the problem. He was part of the solution. He was one of the good guys we point to in making our case for the good that guns do. He lived by the gun, and had The Devil of Rahmadi died by the gun in an Iraqi desert there would be some level of psychological reckoning that could be done with that. But to survive war only to die at the hands of one of our own troops at a gun range in Texas? It's hard to take the measure of that and without questioning where we stand.

More of my thoughts on this at The Axis.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,695
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

It was a firearm in the wrong hands, just like any other tragic shooting death scenario.
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:15 AM

Likes Given: 25
Liked 33 in 25 Posts
LadyGunSlinger is on a distinguished roadLadyGunSlinger is on a distinguished road

I've been heart broken since learning of this but it doesn't change my position what so ever on liberty. Everyone acts as if killings are something new in America.. see the Old West, Al Capone, Civil War... and yet the Constitution still stood for freedom and one nation on this earth that would not bend to Fascism. Patriots are made of steel and do not buckle regardless of the circumstances. You either stand for freedom or not. It's really that simple.
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
It was a firearm in the wrong hands, just like any other tragic shooting death scenario.
Yes, it was. But the question is how were we to know that Chris Kyle's hands were the wrong hands? Every criteria we would have used to judge would have told us his were the right hands.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Metal Millitia

Likes Given: 306
Liked 281 in 253 Posts
Thanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to behold

Damn shame.....Cant always prepare for crazy can you?
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
Yes, it was. But the question is how were we to know that Chris Kyle's hands were the wrong hands? Every criteria we would have used to judge would have told us his were the right hands.
Clearly the dude was suffering mentally from his time in service. And the victims knew that. But like [MENTION=3408]Thanatos144[/MENTION] said, you can't prepare for crazy and neither can you always detect it.

But, we should punish the sane and law abiding gun owners because there might be crazies lurking out there?
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Metal Millitia

Likes Given: 306
Liked 281 in 253 Posts
Thanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Clearly the dude was suffering mentally from his time in service. And the victims knew that. But like [MENTION=3408]Thanatos144[/MENTION] said, you can't prepare for crazy and neither can you always detect it.

But, we should punish the sane and law abiding gun owners because there might be crazies lurking out there?
The only thing keeping Obama from using this as well is the fact that he thinks soldiers are monsters and doesn't want to look sympathetic to them. Otherwise yes they would try to punish the innocent .
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Registered Beer User

Old February 5th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

Quote:

Well, when operating under the theory that keeping him alive is punishing him? Yes.

To say you can't prepare for crazy may be accurate to some degree, but the least amount of preparation would be to not arm crazy intentionally. This isn't punishing sane law abiding citizens because there might be crazy out here. This is an otherwise sane, law abiding, heroic American Patriot who knowingly armed a man with current and historic mental health issues. You can't sweep that away by blaming the mental illness. The slightest amount of caution and thought would have prevented this from happening.

Old February 5th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
Well, when operating under the theory that keeping him alive is punishing him? Yes.

To say you can't prepare for crazy may be accurate to some degree, but the least amount of preparation would be to not arm crazy intentionally. This isn't punishing sane law abiding citizens because there might be crazy out here. This is an otherwise sane, law abiding, heroic American Patriot who knowingly armed a man with current and historic mental health issues. You can't sweep that away by blaming the mental illness. The slightest amount of caution and thought would have prevented this from happening.
You know how it is though. This is fellow Marines and once a Marine always a Marine. It's clear to me the vics really had no idea how far this particular Marine had fallen from sanity. They weren't stupid guys and they sure weren't lackadaisical about firearms.