free hit counter
Religion - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Sunday Gota Meetin' Religion and the discussion of right and wrong

Old September 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Person of Interest

Likes Given: 24
Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice
Default Religion

What do you guys think about this:

Quote:
101:2.16 Religion must ever be its own critic and judge; it can never be observed, much less understood, from the outside. Your only assurance of a personal God consists in your own insight as to your belief in, and experience with, things spiritual. To all of your fellows who have had a similar experience, no argument about the personality or reality of God is necessary, while to all other men who are not thus sure of God no possible argument could ever be truly convincing.

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,688
Liked 2,905 in 2,355 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

"God exists... In the human heart."
Old September 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice

He isn't just a figment of human imagination - he actually exists as a personal being. I think the point of the quote is that it's pointless for someone who knows God to try and argue someone into knowing God.

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,688
Liked 2,905 in 2,355 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadon View Post
He isn't just a figment of human imagination - he actually exists as a personal being. I think the point of the quote is that it's pointless for someone who knows God to try and argue someone into knowing God.
It's a He?
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,309 in 1,936 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

God is dead,he passed away quietly in his sleep sometime in 2008.

Quote:
I think its unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair, Helose said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
It's a He?
Not really, but it's appropriate because the Father idea is the highest human concept of God.

- The Urantia Book
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:10 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Except for the concept of the loving mother fertility goddess you patriarchal neanderthal!

Quote:
I think its unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair, Helose said.
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:57 PM
COM#1

Likes Given: 764
Liked 1,822 in 1,616 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

"Religion must ever be its own critic and judge"

That's very convenient. In what respect does this differentiate between religion and any other personal emotion?
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
"Religion must ever be its own critic and judge"

That's very convenient. In what respect does this differentiate between religion and any other personal emotion?
Both are personally experienced in a unique way by each individual, so ultimately it is the person who has those experiences that can best sort through them. But "religion" is a tough term to pin down at times...different definitions abound. All I can say for myself is that my religious experiences are not the same thing as my personal emotions - they are quite different.

Quote:
The Real Nature of Religion

(1104.1) 101:0.1 RELIGION, as a human experience, ranges from the primitive fear slavery of the evolving savage up to the sublime and magnificent faith liberty of those civilized mortals who are superbly conscious of sonship with the eternal God.

(1104.2) 101:0.2 Religion is the ancestor of the advanced ethics and morals of progressive social evolution. But religion, as such, is not merely a moral movement, albeit the outward and social manifestations of religion are mightily influenced by the ethical and moral momentum of human society. Always is religion the inspiration of mans evolving nature, but it is not the secret of that evolution.

(1104.3) 101:0.3 Religion, the conviction-faith of the personality, can always triumph over the superficially contradictory logic of despair born in the unbelieving material mind. There really is a true and genuine inner voice, that true light which lights every man who comes into the world. And this spirit leading is distinct from the ethical prompting of human conscience. The feeling of religious assurance is more than an emotional feeling. The assurance of religion transcends the reason of the mind, even the logic of philosophy. Religion is faith, trust, and assurance.

1. True Religion

(1104.4) 101:1.1 True religion is not a system of philosophic belief which can be reasoned out and substantiated by natural proofs, neither is it a fantastic and mystic experience of indescribable feelings of ecstasy which can be enjoyed only by the romantic devotees of mysticism. Religion is not the product of reason, but viewed from within, it is altogether reasonable. Religion is not derived from the logic of human philosophy, but as a mortal experience it is altogether logical. Religion is the experiencing of divinity in the consciousness of a moral being of evolutionary origin; it represents true experience with eternal realities in time, the realization of spiritual satisfactions while yet in the flesh.

- The Urantia Book
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:19 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Momma take the pillow from under my head, now
Allelu
Said take the pillow from under my head
Allelu

Now, take the pillow from under my head
Jesus's gonna make up my dyin' bed
Then you'll need that true religion
Allelu

Doctor, doctor, lookin' sad
Allelu
Well, doctor, doctor said lookin' sad
Allelu

And doctor, doctor now lookin' sad
"Strangest case I ever had"
Allelu
[ Lyrics from: Hot Tuna - True Religion Lyrics ]
Crossin' Jordan, I need not fear
Allelu
Well, crossin' Jordan, I need not fear
Allelu

Said, crossin' Jordan, I need not fear
Jesus' gonna be the engineer
Allelu

Momma take the pillow from under my head, now
Allelu
Said take the pillow from under my head
Allelu

Well, take the pillow from under my head
Jesus's gonna make up my dyin' bed
Allelu

And I cried, you'll need that true religion
Allelu

Quote: