free hit counter
Ya'll watchin' Hatfields and McCoys starting this Monday night? - Page 2 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

History US history topics

Old May 31st, 2012, 12:05 PM
Metal Millitia

Likes Given: 306
Liked 281 in 253 Posts
Thanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to behold

I liked it.....Tom Berenger was really good in this.....This might be the best acting he has ever done.
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,687
Liked 2,905 in 2,355 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos144 View Post
I liked it.....Tom Berenger was really good in this.....This might be the best acting he has ever done.
I liked it too... Berenger, never been much of an actor but he does do a nice job in this.

Jack Palance though as Devil Anse in the 1975 movie, no comparison to Costner's Anse. Palance makes Costner's Anse look like a boy scout.
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Metal Millitia

Likes Given: 306
Liked 281 in 253 Posts
Thanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to beholdThanatos144 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
I liked it too... Berenger, never been much of an actor but he does do a nice job in this.

Jack Palance though as Devil Anse in the 1975 movie, no comparison to Costner's Anse. Palance makes Costner's Anse look like a boy scout.
Except Anse was suppose to be the one with the brains enough to just move on and in that he was good....It is hard to see Costner as a bad ass though.
Old June 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM

Likes Given: 26
Liked 67 in 61 Posts
bayoubill is a jewel in the roughbayoubill is a jewel in the roughbayoubill is a jewel in the roughbayoubill is a jewel in the roughbayoubill is a jewel in the roughbayoubill is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Ya'll watchin' Hatfields and McCoys starting this Monday night?
The proper contraction of "you all" is "y'all"...

just thought you might wanna know...
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubill View Post
The proper contraction of "you all" is "y'all"...

just thought you might wanna know...
That depends on if it's a Hatfield or a McCoy spelling it!
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:31 PM

Liked 67 in 61 Posts
bayoubill is a jewel in the roughbayoubill is a jewel in the roughbayoubill is a jewel in the roughbayoubill is a jewel in the roughbayoubill is a jewel in the roughbayoubill is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That depends on if it's a Hatfield or a McCoy spelling it!
also depends on whether or not you want to end up on the ignorant side of the issue...
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubill View Post
also depends on whether or not you want to end up on the ignorant side of the issue...
As long as we don't eat a bullet we're far less ignorant than either the Hatfields or the McCoys!
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:38 PM

Liked 67 in 61 Posts

btw... speakin' of hillbillies and rednecks and all that...

I'm a product of that same culture...

which means my middle name is an ancestral surname...

and it happens to be only a few letters away from the last word of your username...

can you guess what it is...?
Old June 15th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Jr Member

Likes Given: 16
Liked 28 in 26 Posts
HTower will become famous soon enoughHTower will become famous soon enoughHTower will become famous soon enoughHTower will become famous soon enough

I stayed up late (very late) last weekend and watched this straight through on demand. I can't speak to the accuracy of the show, it certainly was entertaining. I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. So many times these made for basic cable mini series are so much crap, this one did so much better than that.
Old June 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Registered Beer User

I agree.