free hit counter
Ya'll watchin' Hatfields and McCoys starting this Monday night? - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

History US history topics

Old May 25th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future
Default Ya'll watchin' Hatfields and McCoys starting this Monday night?

Three night, six hour epic event on the History channel:

I watchie.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:07 PM

Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

Looks like a pretty good cast. Three nights...need to stock up on popcorn!

Post liked by
Old May 26th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

I just instructed the old lady to dvr it for me via facebook. Gotta love technology.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Post liked by
Old May 28th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Registered Beer User

Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Old May 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Queen of the Trailer Park

Likes Given: 68
Liked 39 in 34 Posts
Ms.Mona will become famous soon enoughMs.Mona will become famous soon enoughMs.Mona will become famous soon enoughMs.Mona will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
I just instructed the old lady to dvr it for me via facebook. Gotta love technology.

I just "instructed" the "old lady" to...

Pump the brakes. I came in to remind you that you're dutiful, thoughtful, kind and loving (better half) was recording this for you. But now, I'm mumbling under my breath and thinking bad thoughts. Mentally I'm stomping away in a huff.

LOL!!
Post liked by
Old May 28th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Registered Beer User

Old May 28th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Registered Beer User

Tagline is "Never forgive. Never Forget."

Back around 1986 I wrote a Star Trek novel (never sold) called "The Feud" it had Dr. McCoy wrestling with demons long held in check when a new weapons officer, Ensign Hatfield, came aboard the Enterprise....

Not telling any more.
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully the DVR is catching this for me right now. Right [MENTION=120]Ms.Mona[/MENTION] ?

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Queen of the Trailer Park

Likes Given: 68
Liked 39 in 34 Posts
Ms.Mona will become famous soon enoughMs.Mona will become famous soon enoughMs.Mona will become famous soon enoughMs.Mona will become famous soon enough

yea. I reckon. I told it to record.
Old May 31st, 2012, 10:24 AM
Registered Beer User

Default My review of Hatfields & McCoys miniseries

Well...

Although for dramatic purposes and just general TV storytelling they played fast and loose with the timeline of events and the events in general, and added a couple of totally fictional characters, this was a really good show.

They should have had Richard Dawson play a sheriff or a judge or something, in a cameo.

Kevin Reynolds' direction was snappy and consistent throughout. It seemed he was trying to capture the pace and flavor of the "Tombstone" movie and he succeeded. It wasn't plodding and pedantic like most Kevin Costner-produced films typically are (Think Waterworld or more revealing, Open Range. Oh and the Razzie award winner for worst picture, his horrible take on Wyatt Earp.) Reynolds also directed Costner in the fun little unknown 1985 movie, "Fandango."

Still, I think six hours is a bit much for a story that could easily have been told in two, without losing much of anything, character development wise. It was definitely entertaining though, but not one I will be buying the DVD of (It's already available on Amazon for those so inclined.)

Of course, if you knew the most basic history of the feud this movie was sort of like the Titanic movies - you know how it's going to end. In this case, ropes were stretched and prison time was accessed.

I give it three out of five stars.