free hit counter
Veterans Day - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Military Armed forces strategies, news and comments

Old November 12th, 2015, 09:53 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,309 in 1,936 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future
Default Veterans Day

Thank everyone who served.

And some people like to give a "special" thanks.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old November 12th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

What an odd coincidence that her last name is a slang word for seamen. Or semen. One of those.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old November 12th, 2015, 01:27 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 765
Liked 1,824 in 1,618 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

This being the new, improved Hopy-Changy America, let's see how google celebrated:

Yup: Blacks, Mexicans, Women... even Filipinos are more important to the US armed forces than white men. Minority-first advertizing: it's not only for McDonald's anymore!
Old November 12th, 2015, 01:44 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,309 in 1,936 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Where are the transgendered and the differently abled?

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old November 12th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,690
Liked 2,906 in 2,356 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

My grandfather from my mother's side. This tough ole SoB fought in WW1, then thrived throughout the dust bowl and the depression through just hard work and dedication, raised five kids from a reservation squaw he married after the war, THEN went and fought in WW2 as well. Came home from that, and just continued on, rollin' with the flow. Finally died at age 90, about six months after my Grandmother had passed away. Lifelong smoker and drinker and hell raiser, went through all of his life experiences getting shot up, beat up, but also some death dealing of his own, worked for 25 years at a frikkin copper refinery/smelting operation before OSHA and the EPA ever existed - and the doctor said he could find nothing wrong with this old man after he died. No cancers, no diseases - he surmised he must have died from a broken heart, having to live without her after 62 years, with her. He died peacefully, in his sleep.

This old man met death still believing the moon landings and the space shuttles were mediocre Hollywood special effects fakery, and lived long enough to see the movie "Capricorn One" confirm those suspicions. This is a man who was born skeptical and suspicious of the government, and "people planners" and remained so until his death.

He once told me at age 8 when I walked in on him drinking from a flask in his garage (Out of sight of grandma, who was a teetotaler and forbade spirits in the house) "Young Jazzbo - don't tell yer granny about this, she thinks it's bad for ya. But lemme tell you the truth: Don't drink, smoke or anything else like that if you believe it will hurt you or kill you. Because then, it definitely will. If you believe it is bad it will be bad. If you listen to the people planners they will have you not even able to hide under the bed for fear lint causes cancer or some such. Live life without fear, Boy. Fear is the crippler and the killer, not life."

My mother - his daughter - apparently either didn't get this advice, or ignored it because most any time she would take a drag of a cigarette, she would say "kids these things are gonna kill me someday" and? They DID! SHE died 10 years before this old man, of lung cancer! She was only in her early 50s! The rest of her siblings though, my aunts and the one uncle, live on still today.

Anyhow, here he is.

Old November 12th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,690
Liked 2,906 in 2,356 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

My Uncle Frank - via marriage to one of my aunts on my mother's side. This sneaky bastard was a AF intelligence officer. I am pretty sure he knew where all the space ale yuns bodies were buried - had all KINDS of government secrets stowed inside his head and took them all with him when he passed away.

Smart enough to never argue with my Grandpa about the faked moonshots and space shuttles, he would just say, "Ya know Bob, I wouldn't ever put anything past them" and was ever the diplomat in other areas as well. My dad having been a hard core marine who fought in Korea including the Chosin engagement (Easily the US Marines finest hour IMO) and Frank often had inter-service discussions, shall we say. These after a few beers would typically degenerate into affectionate names like "Fly Boy" and "Jar Head," then would deteriorate further when we could get Frank calling my dad a "Seagoing Bellhop," and then of course the Nuclear Option from my dad, "Well, the Air Force IS a fine alternative to military service..."

Over the years starting even as a little boy I would ask Frank about his actual job in the AF, and he would just smile and say things like "support the operations" or something else very generic. But my dad had let me know Frank was a "spook" - a intel officer. Dude was a full bird colonel by the time I was in college, and had served at secret bases both overseas and here at home, including what turned out to be Area 51 (although he never confirmed but in later years just smiled at my peppering of questions). His kids, my cousins, never knew even that he was a intel officer until I told them a few years ago. This was how secretive this spook was. The kids didn't need to know and all admit they were never even curious.

Anyhow here he is:

My Uncle WAS the "Man from U.N.C.L.E." And speaking of which, ya know when they torture a kid to make him say Uncle? Via arm twisting or whatever. I never, ever fucking said it! In later years Frank said he always admired me for that, and that was the reason he stopped doing it even though grandpa, dad, and the other uncles still did. But I never gave any of them the satisfaction they were looking for, and was ashamed of my older halfwit half brother, and my younger halfwit younger brother, and my male cousins, all caving. Cowardly sumbitches. Say anything BUT, 'uncle' you dumbasses!
Old November 12th, 2015, 06:46 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 765
Liked 1,824 in 1,618 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
The kids didn't need to know and all admit they were never even curious.
Sad.