free hit counter
Actually umm.... No. Stephen Fry confronts "God." - Page 4 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Sunday Gota Meetin' Religion and the discussion of right and wrong

User Tag List

Old November 30th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Person of Interest

Likes Given: 24
Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
And, nobody said it was. Makes it easy to argue a point that never existed though, right?

You seemed to infer that earlier on, so I was basically repeating Moomin's response to what you said. If that's not what you meant then never mind.

Quote:
Original point still stands, un-assailed:

"That it is far, far more likely we humankind merely conjured all the deities, gods, devils, demons, angels and associated characters and events than is likely they actually exist as fabled, is lost on many and seems incapable of computing for some."

This is equivalent to you trying to argue other intelligent live in our universe is impossible despite the trillions of stars in the skies. I'm not saying it exists, I am saying 'do the math, calculate the odds.'

There's no faith involved in it.

How are you calculating your odds, to say that it is "far, far, more likely"? To me, your analogy regarding intelligent life is more applicable to your argument.

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book

Last edited by Amadon; November 30th, 2016 at 06:37 PM.