free hit counter
The age of ideologies is over - back to identity again - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Old November 14th, 2016, 05:01 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,826 in 1,620 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future
Default The age of ideologies is over - back to identity again

From elsewhere, where a run-of-the-mill-cuck warns against the terrible dangers of letting US whites start with the same identity politics as every other race has been doing for the last 50 years:

Quote:
And of course at the end of the dark road of identity politics, whether there's a "white identity" or not, is the abandonment of meritocracy and efficiency in domestic policy, because you're no longer voting for the best available policy, but for government pandering to your identity group.

That ship has sailed.

This is how Banana Republics operate.

Then you shouldn't have let Banana Republicans in. Look, conservatives, you fucked up. You fucked up in a GARGANTUAN manner. You have completely destroyed every single thing you valued because you were stupid enough to believe the bullshit you were sold about ideas mattering more than identity. You were played.

Don't feel bad. As a libertarian, I drank the Kool-Aid too. For a while. I figured it out, and soon, you will too. So will many liberals, eventually.

Now, you, and me, and everyone else have to pay the price. We didn't do the one and only thing that would have kept our philosophies in the game, which was KEEP THE DAMN BARBARIANS OUT.
Old November 14th, 2016, 11:16 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,312 in 1,939 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Bit confused here but it seems like a bit of an anti-Trump cry.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old November 16th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Person of Interest

Likes Given: 24
Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice

Ideology vs identity is an ideals vs facts thing. Ideals move us forward, but if we start to ignore facts in favor of ideals, the facts will eventually re-assert themselves. Likewise, if ideals are ignored in favor of facts, society stagnates. Healthy and wise evolution demands harmonization of facts and ideals. The ideal of "equality" has not been harmonized with the facts of group differences.

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book
Old November 16th, 2016, 04:38 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

One could argue that in today's political environment that identity is ideology and ideology is one's identity.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old November 16th, 2016, 04:47 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Not true. Your skin is your uniform again. That wasn't true, in white Northwestern European-derived countries for the second half of the 20th century. But letting untold millions of people in who never left the skin armies and celebrating their diversity and multiculturalism means we're back to blood.

Old November 16th, 2016, 05:36 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

But the key is that the Ideology is Identity politics. Modern liberalism has distilled their general beliefs down to two main things. The State pays for you and Chicks can have abortions. THat is then manifested through group identities, who gets paid off and who gets to kill their kids. One is the other, the other is the one. WHich is why ideas like equality and others are deconceptionalized to fit the narrative as required for each group you hope to vote for you. [Gotta round that out a bit though]

Quote:
Old November 16th, 2016, 05:54 PM
€COM#1

If identity is ideology then ideology has pretty little meaning. I mean, we've been all identity, all the time since the dawn of time, when ideologies where expressed with grunts. For a little while, from the start of the Enlightment in Europe and spreading from there exclusively to the Anglosphere, identity wasn't the primary thing, but secondary to ideology. But that is now gone, because all the places that held ideology as something distinct and perhaps above mere identity got overrun by the tribal hordes.
Old November 16th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts
Amadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really niceAmadon is just really nice

We all have a transcendent value as God's children, but we ignore material realities and differences at our peril. The equality idea is only applicable on a spiritual level. On the material level we are unequal, and any attempt to force equality into a material mold will only meet with disaster.

True religion is to know God as your Father and man as your brother. Religion is not a slavish belief in threats of punishment or magical promises of future mystical rewards.
- The Urantia Book
Old November 16th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Person of Interest

Liked 91 in 84 Posts

It might be a bit soon to proclaim the age of ideology to be over. Sanctimonious virtue-signaling provides a powerful surge of dopamine to many deluded idealists.

- The Urantia Book
Old November 17th, 2016, 12:25 PM
€COM#1

The age of delusion will never be over. What I mean isn't that agitators will stop agitating, sometimes from ideological pov. I'm just saying that when tribes collide in the same polity, every other consideration - ideological or otherwise - falls by the wayside. I am amazed that US whites ate all that humiliation and effective disenfranchisement for so long, in the face of the blatant tribalism of everybody else in the US, but with the election of Donald, that is now officially over.