free hit counter
Ted Cruz Wanted Gang of 8 To Pass - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Old November 13th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Ted Cruz Wanted Gang of 8 To Pass

Quote:
U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, Hearing, 5/21/13: “And I'd like to make a final point to those advocacy groups that are very engaged in this issue and rightly concerned about addressing our immigration system and, in particular, about addressing the situation for the 11 million who are currently in the shadows. If this amendment is adopted to the current bill, the effect would be that those 11 million under this current bill would still be eligible for RPI status. They would still be eligible for legal status and indeed, under the terms of the bill, they would be eligible for LPR status as well so that they are out of the shadows, which the proponents of this bill repeatedly point to as their principal objective to provide a legal status for those who are here illegally to be out of the shadows. This amendment would allow that happen, but what it would do is remove the pathway to citizenship so that there are real consequences that respect the rule of law and that treat legal immigrants with the fairness and respect they deserve. And a second point to those advocacy groups that are so passionately engaged. In my view, if this committee rejects this amendment, and I think everyone here views it as quite likely this committee will choose to reject this amendment, in my view, that decision will make it much, much more likely that this entire bill will fail in the House of Representatives. I don't want immigration reform to fail. I want immigration reform to pass. And so I would urge people of good faith on both sides of the aisle, if the objective is to pass common sense immigration reform that secures the borders, that improves legal immigration, and that allows those who are here illegally to come in out of the shadows. Then we should look for areas of bipartisan agreement and compromised to come together. And this amendment, I believe, if this amendment were to pass, the chances of this bill passing into law would increase dramatically.
I'm not going to accuse him of supporting amnesty, since the bill wasn't amnesty, but it's probably time that you Cruz bots drop your rhetoric about Marco Rubio right about now since your guy was trying to save the bill you rip himfor pushing.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old November 13th, 2015, 04:12 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 760
Liked 1,819 in 1,613 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Allow me to explain:

Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks! - View Single Post - A republic if you can keep it: DOJ ed

But I agree. Guys like Cruz looked a lot better before Trump came along and showed that not all US males must necessarily leave their sacks right along their foreskins in the delivery room. He's just the least bad of the standard candidates that the DNC/GOP throws at the electorate.
Old November 13th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,681
Liked 2,904 in 2,354 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Inconvenient Truth.
Old November 14th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
Allow me to explain:

Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks! - View Single Post - A republic if you can keep it: DOJ ed

But I agree. Guys like Cruz looked a lot better before Trump came along and showed that not all US males must necessarily leave their sacks right along their foreskins in the delivery room. He's just the least bad of the standard candidates that the DNC/GOP throws at the electorate.
Well, I'm not one of these guys who thinks it is cool to say we should fix the illegal immigration mess but yell "amnesty" every time someone tries. It's the equivalent of sitting on the couch claiming to be hungry but refusing any attempt to get up and get some food. We live in a country where two parties represent the people. If you want to get something done about the problem, you're going to have to find a solution that both sides can live with. Now of course, some people will deny that reality and heap praises upon the man who is loudest about wanting to fix the problem while simultaneously being most active in preventing the problem from being fixed. Prior to today, I had assumed Cruz to be one of those guys, but apparently I was wrong.

Now, at this point, one can very easily do as you've done here and dismiss the virtues of one Ted Cruz. But before you do that too quickly, let's pause and give this some thought. If you have a breed of dog that you prefer, but as the dogs grow up they turn around and attack you, one of two things can be learned about that breed. Either it is a breed that it unstable and prone to aggression, or that breed tends to view you as an asshole. In this case, you have a "breed" of candidates that keeps being touted by the Tea Party. Yet as I have pointed out repeatedly, they aren't long for this party. I liked Rubio, Christie, Brown, Ryan, (the list goes on) when they were Tea Party guys and I like them now. Do I agree with them on every single issue? No, but that would be an unreasonable expectation. None of these guys have "bitten" me.

At what point do the Tea Party folks stop and say "Maybe it's me"? They keep picking guys who have strong character and good values, sending them to office, then attacking their character and values. Do you not at some point have to consider the possibility that perhaps it's not their character and values? Maybe you have a good idea in theory that doesn't really work in reality on some of these issues. Perhaps the good guys you sent to deal with those issues came to that understanding and tried to find the best path forward.

Either way, as we sit here it now turns out that there are two candidates in this race who fought the good fight for me on Gang of 8. Rubio and Cruz. I still prefer Rubio because he had the courage to do it openly, and I still somewhat distrust Cruz because his efforts were undermined by his slavish pandering to the Tea Party. One thing I think all of us can agree on, no matter which side we are on. There is some virtue in being straightforward with your constituents, even if you find no virtue in the actions that the guy is being honest about.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old November 14th, 2015, 05:53 AM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Your point would be better taken if any of the non-TP candidates that the CoC GOP fielded had actually turned out even a bit better than all the TP failures you're getting so hot and bothered about.
Old November 14th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

Quote:
Your point would be better taken if any of the non-TP candidates that the CoC GOP fielded had actually turned out even a bit better than all the TP failures you're getting so hot and bothered about.

No, my point won't be well taken ever because of where I'm making it. I'm not trying to win friends and influence people. I don't care how my point is taken, I simply care that my point is accurate, which it is. We have Cruz guys in here who pass by this thread without posting. Why? Because it's video, it's proof, there you have it. Their silence is as close as my point will ever come to being "well taken" on this board. lol

Old November 14th, 2015, 01:44 PM
€COM#1

Yes, yes, we are all unworthy of your elevated wisdom. That goes without saying. Still, does it not bother you that when your sophisticated friends of the CoC GOP get their candidates in, those candidates end up selling out and losing even more than the guys that those uncouth, knuckle-dragging and primitive tea party rednecks field? With such a towering surplus of sophistication and suave insight to fall back on, you'd think the CoC GOP could do better than to provide 75% of the G8 GOP lineup and push candidates that managed to lose to an absolute joke like Barry Boy twice.

In fact, if the TP nominates losers, you should be the first to welcome them, on the theory that misery loves company.
Old November 16th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

Quote:
Yes, yes, we are all unworthy of your elevated wisdom. That goes without saying. Still, does it not bother you that when your sophisticated friends of the CoC GOP get their candidates in, those candidates end up selling out and losing even more than the guys that those uncouth, knuckle-dragging and primitive tea party rednecks field? With such a towering surplus of sophistication and suave insight to fall back on, you'd think the CoC GOP could do better than to provide 75% of the G8 GOP lineup and push candidates that managed to lose to an absolute joke like Barry Boy twice.

In fact, if the TP nominates losers, you should be the first to welcome them, on the theory that misery loves company.

Lmao. Well, at least you haven't hit your head and had any sense knocked into it while I was gone. My point has nothing to do with IQ and everything to do with ideology. I assume you know you're wrong much of the time but you just don't want to admit it.

You have to stop using your tea bagger anagrams if you expect me to reply to your questions. I don't attend your rallies so I don't speak the current dialect.

Old November 16th, 2015, 04:38 PM
€COM#1

CoC = Chamber of Commerce. G8 = gang of 8. Anything else? Or should I take it that this means that you don't actually want to even try to profess a faith in the CoC GOP to deliver winners?

Oh, and Barry Boy = President Hussein.
Old November 16th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Trailer Park Hero

Liked 972 in 790 Posts

The GOP has delivered winners. Last Senatorial election was the first election since '08 where no sitting Republican Senator was picked off by a Tea Party challenger, and it just so happened to be the very election that the Republicans took back the Senate. But again, you already knew that because you're not stupid. I'm sure your ideology dictates that you try to come up with some type of excuse that would explain it away, but the facts are the facts.

Anyhow, I know what the Chamber of Commerce is and I know what the Grand Old Party is, I just wasn't aware that the tea people were combining the two now. How cute. I suppose it's to emphasize that the tea party is anti-commerce or something? You'll forgive me, I'm sure, that I'm hopelessly out of the lunatic fringe right loop.