free hit counter
Sensible Gun Law 101 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Assault on the 2nd Amendment Here's the spot to post firearms related threads about proposed new laws, lies about shootings, gun myths, etc.

Old October 30th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Sensible Gun Law 101

This is how you do it right here.

After this law is passed, gun manufacturers have 6 months to comply. All weapons manufactured for sale in the US must submit a title to the ATF for each gun sold in the US. This title will be processed and a duplicate title will be returned to the manufacturer containing a FIN (firearm identification number) derived from the manufacturers code, serial number, and gun model. This duplicate title will be assigned to that specific firearm, and States will be required to register guns using this FIN and title.

When a gun is sold, it will be the responsibility of the buyer to obtain the second copy of the title for registration, and the responsibility of the seller to return the first copy to the appropriate gun registration official in that state. This will establish a change of ownership at the time of any gun sale. The new owner, when registering the gun, will present the buyers copy of the title and receive a new duplicate title and any future sales will follow the same protocol. The following laws will affect these transactions.

1. States may not register any untitled gun without submitting a request and obtaining a title for that gun from ATF.

2. No business nor individual may sell a gun that does not have a title.

3. No business nor individual may purchase a gun that does not have a title.

4. Any permits issued by a state for carrying or specific usage (i.e. hunting license or concealed carry) must be issued to the registered owner of the gun and must include the specific FIN of the weapon that the permit holder is thereby entitled to carry or use, and will apply only to the specific individual and the specified firearm.

The purpose of this law is to establish legal custody of guns and to prevent straw purchases. This law will not apply to any guns manufactured prior to the beginning of the enforcement period unless or until the ownership of the gun changes hands, however permits will not be issued for untitled guns.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old October 30th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,666
Liked 2,903 in 2,353 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

I got no issues with this. It's not a lot different than what we already have with autos, boats and motorcycles and other pieces of property, assets. Additionally, this in no way infringes on gun rights.
Old October 30th, 2015, 10:44 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,294 in 1,923 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

I got me a commonsense gun law right here.

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
All you need, 14 words, 'nuf ced.

Quote:
I think its unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair, Helose said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old October 31st, 2015, 09:07 AM
Trailer Park Hero
9 Ball Connect Champion 3D Frogger Champion Baseball Champion FogHorn Thanks Champion Ace Driver Champion 2D Knock-Out Champion UNO 3 Champion

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
I got me a commonsense gun law right here.

All you need, 14 words, 'nuf ced.
We already have that one. In light of that law, this law would make it easier to track down a gun owner when the weapon was used in the commission of a crime. It would thereby encourage people to be more careful in how they treat their guns. In the event that a gun is sold to an individual that cannot legally own a gun, the state would be alerted to the fact that the transaction had gone down because the sellers copy of the title would be turned in but the buyers copy wouldn't show up for a new registration. Also, when unregistered guns are confiscated by le they would then have to title the guns before auctioning them off, so this would lessen the number of untraceable guns available for criminals to purchase. This law, in essence, would protect the rights of the legal gun owner while making it more difficult for the criminal to get his hands on one.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Old October 31st, 2015, 01:30 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

What part of the word "Infringe" are you having trouble with? Regulation is infringement, arguing about the degree to which you want to infringe is meaningless.

Quote:
I think its unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair, Helose said.
Old October 31st, 2015, 04:27 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
What part of the word "Infringe" are you having trouble with? Regulation is infringement, arguing about the degree to which you want to infringe is meaningless.
Infringe - to limit or undermine.

There's no limiting or undermining, involved. Regulation itself is not infringement, that's already been proven and the NRA in fact, agrees.
Old October 31st, 2015, 05:35 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

That the NRA may accept that definition does not mean that must be the definition used. I don't think anyone should have their rights restricted. I think that use determines crime and punishment should ensue for the guilty, not restricting the innocent.

Quote:
Old October 31st, 2015, 06:10 PM
COM#1

Likes Given: 756
Liked 1,810 in 1,605 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

We come back to this - regulation of whatever kind is kinda pointless, since it does not affect the lawless by default. Only serious additional criminal charges for illegal possession, on top of whatever they're already looking at for the crime itself, does that. And then you run smack into the problem that for many crimes where guns are employed, additional penalty is no effective deterrent if the ordinary criminal penalty is decades, life or capital anyway.
Old October 31st, 2015, 08:13 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
We come back to this - regulation of whatever kind is kinda pointless, since it does not affect the lawless by default. Only serious additional criminal charges for illegal possession, on top of whatever they're already looking at for the crime itself, does that. And then you run smack into the problem that for many crimes where guns are employed, additional penalty is no effective deterrent if the ordinary criminal penalty is decades, life or capital anyway.
Except, this does.
Quote:
That the NRA may accept that definition does not mean that must be the definition used. I don't think anyone should have their rights restricted. I think that use determines crime and punishment should ensue for the guilty, not restricting the innocent.
By the definition you want to use, taxes on guns and ammo are "restrictions."
Old November 1st, 2015, 12:03 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Taxes can be used for that function, which is why taxation on specific items is so onerous. Or do you think the Liberals trying to tax "sugar" in drinks are somehow not taxing it to cut use?

Quote: