free hit counter
OMFG.... Any Audiophiles Here? - Page 3 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Music Chat about your favorite musicians, albums, share your creations

Old May 24th, 2017, 02:18 AM

Likes Given: 58
Liked 47 in 46 Posts
Josey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
I should also recognize the difference between audiophiles who are mostly consumers, and those who primarily are creators. It's fair to say the mainly consumer type is the customer, and is as legitimate if not moreso, a audiophile as anyone else. Further, of course my home theater system has a subwoofer - the ".1" in Dolby Digital 5.1! So, I'm not trying to be a snob, there's just different types of audiophiles.

It's a kindred spirit. I still love the old 8 tracks, signal to noise ratio be damned!
And I have tried to listen to my turntable, but it just can't even come close to the digital. I had an oppo BDP-105 Darby which was a reference quality disc player for CD's, even had XLR outputs that I should have bought an amp for and used. I'm getting to that point. But for now, the recent investments have been a 65 inch LG 4K TV and new oppo UHD-203 4K disc player. I'm debating on whether or not to sell it on ebay and get the new UHD-205 4K oppo, because I'm one step away from buying a decent 2 channel amp. Looking at either a Parasound, Anthem or McIntosh.
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:21 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,689
Liked 2,906 in 2,356 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
And I have tried to listen to my turntable, but it just can't even come close to the digital.
I try to explain this to people, but the vinyl folks just won't accept the fact that digital audio is by every measure superior to any form of analog there is. They're just 'purists' and if the sound isn't produced by something that visually rotates be it tape or vinyl or even CD, they don't think it "sounds as good."
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:23 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts
Josey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Her voice is just angelic, but with demonic power when she wants to unleash it.

Getting this from a 45 RPM vinyl record that's older than me? Priceless.
I dig the female singers. I have lots of them saved in my Spotify songs list, like... K.Flay, Vanessa Fernandez, Rebecca Pidgeon, Mary Gautheir, etc...
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:24 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

The one thing vinyl has that digital never will except for the work of people like me, is some of the tracks are lost forever - they're not included in the digital releases we see today. Example below - Bee Gees collaborating with Kenny Rogers, I took from 33-1/3 vinyl:

http://eipnetworks.com/eveningstar.mp3
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:25 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
I dig the female singers. I have lots of them saved in my Spotify songs list, like... K.Flay, Vanessa Fernandez, Rebecca Pidgeon, Mary Gautheir, etc...
The gorgeous and angelic Susanna Hoffs? Yeah, I gave her the treatment.

http://eipnetworks.com/EternalFlame1.mp3
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:26 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
The one thing vinyl has that digital never will except for the work of people like me, is some of the tracks are lost forever - they're not included in the digital releases we see today. Example below - Bee Gees collaborating with Kenny Rogers, I took from 33-1/3 vinyl:

http://eipnetworks.com/eveningstar.mp3
Oh shit, i forgot that on this one i added my own voice to the chorus and the backing vocals.... Another advantage of digitizing stuff is we get to add stuff, and also enhance what was there.
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:27 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts

Quote:
I try to explain this to people, but the vinyl folks just won't accept the fact that digital audio is by every measure superior to any form of analog there is. They're just 'purists' and if the sound isn't produced by something that visually rotates be it tape or vinyl or even CD, they don't think it "sounds as good."
Tell me about it... it's the old ANALOG vs DIGITAL debate... and you are right, the vinyl crowd will argue to the death that is sounds better than digital, and they will go to the ends of the earth and spend money with no bounds to prove it...

Old May 24th, 2017, 02:31 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts

Quote:
The gorgeous and angelic Susanna Hoffs? Yeah, I gave her the treatment.

http://eipnetworks.com/EternalFlame1.mp3
Shit... love it man... love what you're doing. It sounds fantastic on my system.
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:33 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
Shit... love it man... love what you're doing. It sounds fantastic on my system.
Thanks.... I've been at this shit for 45 years or so.
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:37 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts

Quote:
Thanks.... I've been at this shit for 45 years or so.
Cool, yeah I'm getting there myself. Of course there are other places money has gone for years as hobbies and interests, but the older I get, and the more things shift to comfort and inside the home things, I can see selling off a bunch of other stuff and using that money to go hog ass wild on theater shit. McIntosh, Mark Leviston, Classe, whatever, just buy the best stuff there is and be happy.