free hit counter
What's a good liberal to do? Part Deux - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Energy and the Environment Are they two competing things, or both the same thing? Oil, Drilling & Alternative Energies and environmental policies

Old December 15th, 2015, 01:33 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,312 in 1,939 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future
Default What's a good liberal to do? Part Deux

First they found out that Pot Smokers are contributing to the destruction of the planet. Now this. So once again we must ask,

WHAT'S A GOOD LIBERAL TO DO??????

Quote:
Vegetarian and ‘healthy’ diets are more harmful to the environment

Contrary to recent headlines — and a talk by actor Arnold Schwarzenegger at the United Nations Paris Climate Change Conference — eating a vegetarian diet could contribute to climate change.

In fact, according to new research from Carnegie Mellon University, following the USDA recommendations to consume more fruits, vegetables, dairy and seafood is more harmful to the environment because those foods have relatively high resource uses and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions per calorie. . .

“Eating lettuce is over three times worse in greenhouse gas emissions than eating bacon,” said Paul Fischbeck, professor of social and decisions sciences and engineering and public policy. “Lots of common vegetables require more resources per calorie than you would think. Eggplant, celery and cucumbers look particularly bad when compared to pork or chicken.”

. . . eating the recommended “healthier” foods — a mix of fruits, vegetables, dairy and seafood — increased the environmental impact in all three categories: Energy use went up by 38 percent, water use by 10 percent and GHG emissions by 6 percent.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old December 15th, 2015, 06:38 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,826 in 1,620 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Turns out animals that eat grass are not so bad after all. This comes as no surprise to anyone who's ever tried to keep grass out of a lot.
Old December 15th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,695
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
Turns out animals that eat grass are not so bad after all. This comes as no surprise to anyone who's ever tried to keep grass out of a lot.
Hmm I wonder if you've hit on something here. Does the far left leadership, the leftist media and uber Ivory Tower academia conglomerate push veganism because they believe if we'll eat what the cud chewing animals eat, we'll become docile, herd mentality, and really really gullible and stupid?

Because a cow is all of those things - easily led to slaughter and herded right onto the restrainer above the kill floor, never putting up any kind of struggle at all until the captive bolt pistol punches a nice hole in its head.

Of course by then it is stunned and has its rear legs shackled already, and the restrainer spits them right out onto the rail - the shackle's wheel rides the rail, and the helpless bovine goes to the next station - bleedout - the free rear leg mindlessly kicking. Then a worker at bleedout slits his carotid artery wide open, and all the blood is caught by a trench system and plumbed out to the blood cookers in the rendering plant.

Anyway - this is what they want the public to be, right?
Old December 16th, 2015, 02:44 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

That too, of course.

But I was thinking more of energy terms. Now that we've replaced stoop labour in agriculture with mechanization, oil and chemicals to leverage the remaining agro labour a ten-thousandfold, the combined energy outtake in producing the sort of vegetables we eat has to be considerable compared to eating animals that eat the sort of greenery that doesn't need a helping hand.
Old December 16th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
That too, of course.

But I was thinking more of energy terms. Now that we've replaced stoop labour in agriculture with mechanization, oil and chemicals to leverage the remaining agro labour a ten-thousandfold, the combined energy outtake in producing the sort of vegetables we eat has to be considerable compared to eating animals that eat the sort of greenery that doesn't need a helping hand.
Not to mention wasted use of arable land. I posted a thread about this here, last year i think.
Old December 17th, 2015, 02:47 PM
€COM#1

Yeah. Let's hope the hipster dweeps that shop at Whole Foods kill themselves in expiation for their sins against Gaia when they get the memo.
Old December 17th, 2015, 03:12 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,312 in 1,939 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

When has a liberal felt personal shame or guilt for something that was actually their fault? Lot easier to feel guilt for the sins of the fathers.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old December 17th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
When has a liberal felt personal shame or guilt for something that was actually their fault? Lot easier to feel guilt for the sins of the fathers.
Self loathing and sociopathic blame shifting are prerequisites for being a liberal today.
Old December 18th, 2015, 04:10 AM
€COM#1

A white liberal, anyway. At least on the self loathing part.