free hit counter
edthecynic: "The IRS thing is a republican plan to get Obama." - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

The Wood Shed Got a beef with another member? Take 'em to The Wood Shed instead of messin' up good discussion threads! This is the place for "call out" threads.

Old May 12th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,688
Liked 2,906 in 2,356 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future
Default edthecynic: "The IRS thing is a republican plan to get Obama."

[MENTION=3618]edthecynic[/MENTION] I really want you to explain your theory in detail please, I really want to hear it. So far we have:

Quote:
The Commissioner of the IRS during this time was a Bush appointee, so why wouldn't this be an establishment Republican operation? The establishment GOP hates the Tea Party Brotherhood and they get a twofer. They harass the baggers and they know the knee-jerks will blame Obama.
Quote:
it seems highly unlikely that a Bush appointee would carry out the bidding of Obama. If anything Bush appointee Shulman would have ratted out Obama at first opportunity, especially in March 2012 when he testified before Congress before the election. Your own link says this was going on in 2011 so GOP appointee Shulman had the perfect opportunity to destroy Obama's campaign if Obama was in anyway involved.

So it is obviously more likely a GOP establishment operation than anything Obama might have done
First of all you seem to automatically assume alot, chiefly that a "Bush appointee" would automatically also be a republican and would also automatically go in for such a scheme as you're proposing. So you're starting off pretty bad, being as how the full democrat controlled Senate approved this guy.

You also seem to assume Obama's cabal would be stupid enough to let Shulman in on the gig, or even let him find out about it. Shaky ground there.

So I would like to see you elucidate more, connect some more dots. maybe show us how Shulman is suspect, maybe show us some evidence he is a republican, and so forth. Let's start from there shall we? I promise not to laugh.
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Space Invaders Champion Breakout Champion Bejeweled Blitz  Champion Bejeweled 2 Champion Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion Classic Breakout Champion Medieval Archer Champion Air Blobs Easy Champion Hexed Champion Ancient jewels 2 Champion Bejeweled 3 Champion

Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of

Quote:
it seems highly unlikely that a Bush appointee would carry out the bidding of Obama. If anything Bush appointee Shulman would have ratted out Obama at first opportunity, especially in March 2012 when he testified before Congress before the election. Your own link says this was going on in 2011 so GOP appointee Shulman had the perfect opportunity to destroy Obama's campaign if Obama was in anyway involved.

So it is obviously more likely a GOP establishment operation than anything Obama might have done
Hmm.. appointee huh? Didn't the Obama administration come out and say that this was confined to "lower level" employees and didn't rise to the level of ANY appointee? LOL They need to get all the lies straight.
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:53 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,309 in 1,936 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

What a tangled web we must weave when first we practice to deceive.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Tetris Champion Tetris 2 Champion Speedy Thief Champion

Likes Given: 193
Liked 257 in 198 Posts
masterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to beholdmasterminion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel View Post
Hmm.. appointee huh? Didn't the Obama administration come out and say that this was confined to "lower level" employees and didn't rise to the level of ANY appointee? LOL They need to get all the lies straight.
Ediotic is right. This probably was planned by bush, he had to make sure he would have an agent in place to surrepticiously go after conservatives to make obama look bad and thereby take the pressure off of obama for benghazzi which I'm sure bush was behind also.
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

THe Lefties spent 8 years telling us that Bush was too stoopid to tie his own shoes and now they expect us to believe he set in motion a devious plan that would only come to fruition in 2013? ROVE YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Ed's avoiding this thread like the plague.... Is it possible he eschewed the lazy talking point, did a modicum of research on Shulman, and realized his bullshit theory goes >p00f< right there?
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:50 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Or maybe it's this.

Your scandal, just keeps reaching up higher, higher than you can ever have excused before.

Quote:
Internal Revenue Service officials in Washington and at least two other offices were involved in the targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status, making clear the effort reached well beyond the branch in Cincinnati that was initially blamed, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.

IRS officials at the agency’s Washington headquarters sent queries to conservative groups asking about their donors and other aspects of their operations, while officials in the El Monte and Laguna Niguel offices in California sent similar questionnaires to tea party-affiliated groups.

Lois G. Lerner, who oversees tax-exempt groups for the IRS, told reporters on Friday the “absolutely inappropriate” actions were undertaken by “front-line people” working in Cincinnati to target groups with “tea party,” “patriot” or “9/12” in their names.

“For the IRS to say it was some low-level group in Cincinnati is simply false,” said Cleta Mitchell, a partner in the law firm Foley & Lardner LLP who sought to communicate with IRS headquarters about the delay in granting tax-exempt status to True the Vote.

Moreover, details of the IRS’s efforts to target conservative groups reached the highest levels of the agency in May 2012, far earlier than has been disclosed....

Quote:
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Registered Beer User

Sure sounds like somebody's lying again donut?
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:56 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

And the hits just keep coming.

Quote:
The same IRS office that deliberately targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status in the run-up to the 2012 election released nine pending confidential applications of conservative groups to ProPublica late last year.

The IRS did not respond to requests Monday following up about that release, and whether it had determined how the applications were sent to ProPublica.

In response to a request for the applications for 67 different nonprofits last November, the Cincinnati office of the IRS sent ProPublica applications or documentation for 31 groups. Nine of those applications had not yet been approved—meaning they were not supposed to be made public. (We madesixof those public, after redacting their financial information, deeming that they were newsworthy.)
All I can say at this point is thank God that Snowbilly ain't Vice President, eh?

Quote:
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Registered Beer User

Suddenly [MENTION=3618]edthecynic[/MENTION] doesn't want to talk about his little pet theory he once so ardently parroted.

Why is that. Ed?