free hit counter
My Favorite Candy..Then & Now - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Brewin' and Cookin' Discuss favorite foods, wines and recipes

Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Grand Poobah.. in waiting

Likes Given: 292
Liked 193 in 143 Posts
Lumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to all
Default My Favorite Candy..Then & Now

Well, if you can't remember the "Then" that's okay....

Then...As a kid it was licorice pipes, black balls, candy cigarettes and flicks

(the pipes and the cigarettes are probably illegal now)....

Now... a Cadbury milk chocolate bar and licorice twists..

I have the power to make people say things against their will...

Last edited by Lumpy 1; June 3rd, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:17 PM

Likes Given: 130
Liked 152 in 120 Posts
CuteNCuddly will become famous soon enoughCuteNCuddly will become famous soon enoughCuteNCuddly will become famous soon enoughCuteNCuddly will become famous soon enough

Divinity
Post liked by
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:22 PM

Likes Given: 4
Liked 49 in 40 Posts
Abogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura about

This may sound strange, but I didn't really like candy as a kid. I didn't like popcorn or peanut butter either. But I've grown up and come to understand the finer things in life. The only candy I can recall ever even appreciating was my mother's 'pull candy.' Homemade taffy. That stuff would burn the hell out of your hands when you first started pulling it.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:27 PM

Liked 193 in 143 Posts
Lumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to allLumpy 1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abogada View Post
This may sound strange, but I didn't really like candy as a kid. I didn't like popcorn or peanut butter either. But I've grown up and come to understand the finer things in life. The only candy I can recall ever even appreciating was my mother's 'pull candy.' Homemade taffy. That stuff would burn the hell out of your hands when you first started pulling it.
Yup.. it does sound strange..Sorry, I just had to say it..

Last edited by Lumpy 1; June 3rd, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM

Liked 49 in 40 Posts
Abogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura aboutAbogada has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy 1 View Post
Yup.. it does sound strange..Sorry, I just had to say it..
I really didn't like chocolate cake either. Now about the only chocolate I care for is light chocolate. I do like German chocolate cake. But then that's light chocolate isn't it.

One of our clerks brought me an iced strawberry cupcake last week. It was to die for.

I like fruit flavors for cakes.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:34 PM

Liked 49 in 40 Posts

I didn't really like apples, oranges, or bananas. I like the luscious fruits like berries and melons. I can take a granny Smith apple with salt, though. Unless there are good green June apples are the fruit stand.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:45 PM

Liked 193 in 143 Posts

Is there more Abogada..the floodgates seemed to have opened..

Sorry for the interruption

Old June 4th, 2012, 08:51 AM

Liked 49 in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy 1 View Post
Is there more Abogada..the floodgates seemed to have opened..

Sorry for the interruption
10 sentences = floodgates?
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:16 PM

Liked 193 in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abogada View Post
10 sentences = floodgates?
just kiddin with ya...

Old June 4th, 2012, 03:23 PM
TRIBUNUS ANGUSTICLAVIUS

Likes Given: 115
Liked 297 in 258 Posts
American Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to all

Like CuteNCuddly, White divinity candy:

Usually, in the past, we'd only get this at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it's available in some groceries. Thirty calories per piece.

Visit My Album
Post liked by