free hit counter
Killing Dubya totally. - Page 2 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Announcements and Feedback Site announcements. Also post your bitches and gripes and ask dumb questions here.

Old September 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Humanity Sucks

Likes Given: 174
Liked 270 in 223 Posts
KittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of light

Had to thank instead of rep your post. ... but LOL.

The IE problem is because MS is being a dumbass bitch and pushing for Flash content instead, them and Adobe are pretty much butt buddies now. But then IE has been lacking in support for a LONG time, it's just gotten worse since they started getting up close with Adobe.
If you do not understand that humans evolved from a monkey like simian, then do not even talk to me about science, ever.
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKoder View Post
Had to thank instead of rep your post. ... but LOL.

The IE problem is because MS is being a dumbass bitch and pushing for Flash content instead, them and Adobe are pretty much butt buddies now. But then IE has been lacking in support for a LONG time, it's just gotten worse since they started getting up close with Adobe.
Is it possible they're just getting left behind the tech curve? A big, stumbling, numb, half asleep giant?
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Humanity Sucks

Liked 270 in 223 Posts
KittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of lightKittenKoder is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
Is it possible they're just getting left behind the tech curve? A big, stumbling, numb, half asleep giant?
Possible, but I wouldn't say half asleep, more like getting lazy and sloppy. They know a majority of PCs have Windows and you get charged for it when you buy a new one even if you don't use it. So they just stopped caring about their product. I usually actually tell people "if you aren't comfortable with Linux or Unix, get a Mac, and for Linux avoid Ubuntu now unless you want to be constantly tweaking it" .... Ubuntu has recently adapted the MS style of package selections and updates.
If you do not understand that humans evolved from a monkey like simian, then do not even talk to me about science, ever.
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Registered Beer User

Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Possible, but I wouldn't say half asleep, more like getting lazy and sloppy. They know a majority of PCs have Windows and you get charged for it when you buy a new one even if you don't use it. So they just stopped caring about their product. I usually actually tell people "if you aren't comfortable with Linux or Unix, get a Mac, and for Linux avoid Ubuntu now unless you want to be constantly tweaking it" .... Ubuntu has recently adapted the MS style of package selections and updates.
All I know is, you'll remember this day. The Day Dubya Died at the USMBS Where the Cool Kids Play. A date which shall live..... Famously. And the antihero who killed Dubya.... Smote it, shall go down in history for All Time as the tech genius of the Century!
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Humanity Sucks

Liked 270 in 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
All I know is, you'll remember this day. The Day Dubya Died at the USMBS Where the Cool Kids Play. A date which shall live..... Famously. And the antihero who killed Dubya.... Smote it, shall go down in history for All Time as the tech genius of the Century!
... and now you know the high I get when writing code. Even my failed projects (the long list of attempts are games) are worth it just for that high ... enjoy it, you earned it.
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
... and now you know the high I get when writing code. Even my failed projects (the long list of attempts are games) are worth it just for that high ... enjoy it, you earned it.
Ha! For me it's just the rush of total and complete astonishment when something I do works, instead of crashing the site or just doing nothing at all!

That's about a 8% proposition at this point of my skill level!
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Trailer Park Hero

Likes Given: 397
Liked 972 in 790 Posts
trlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to beholdtrlrtrash13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Mac? Yuck. I happen to be one of the few who likes microsoft. They make a good product, and I have never had problems with it.

You know what date is on this coin? 1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails, and you have to say. Call it.
Post liked by
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Humanity Sucks

Liked 270 in 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrash13 View Post
Mac? Yuck. I happen to be one of the few who likes microsoft. They make a good product, and I have never had problems with it.
Meh, you'll find something that will just stick in your craw someday. I know a lot of people who said almost that exact same thing who switched a few months later, most are using Linux now, Gnome makes it run a lot like Windows, just without the system mess or forced software. I use to love Windows to, until XP when they gave us freeware coders the middle finger. Now this .NET crap, it's just getting stupid. But one day you'll come to Linux or go to Mac. ... and whichever will welcome you, pat you on the back, and comfort you in your time of need! Will MS do that? Well? Well?

Yeah, most of that was joke, but if you ever want to test the waters, most Linux users are happy to at least try to help.
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:44 AM

Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of

Well, as usual with this kind of stuff, it's all gobblety-gook to me and waaay over my head, but...I'm guessin' it's a good thing...so... www.kudos!

Post liked by
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Registered Beer User

I've never had problem one with windows either.