free hit counter
OMFG.... Any Audiophiles Here? - Page 2 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Music Chat about your favorite musicians, albums, share your creations

Old May 24th, 2017, 01:46 AM

Likes Given: 58
Liked 47 in 46 Posts
Josey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
They're not audiophiles. They're dabblers.
Well IDK, lots of people will use like Bowers & Wilkins D805 D3s for fronts, and they need something for bass, and they're using Mcintosh amps and dropping mind numbing cash on cables and what not. They run subs, and they'd probably be insulted if they heard someone say they weren't an AUDIOPHILE. Ya know... it's like the guy that has a mini van that he put a K&N cold air intake on and he thinks he's a HOTROD... lol.
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:50 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,681
Liked 2,904 in 2,354 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
they'd probably be insulted if they heard someone say they weren't an AUDIOPHILE
Maybe they just need to look up the definition?
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:55 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts
Josey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Maybe they just need to look up the definition?
I've been an incurable audiophile since I first heard FM radio on a transistor radio like 50 years ago. I couldn't believe how good it sounded opposed to AM. Ever since then I've been chasing the dream of having the ultimate home stereo/home theater, and what I have is in a constant state of flux, upgrade, as money permits. I truly enjoy it. I listen to music every day, every morning. Spotify premium is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:58 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
You downloaded them and remastered them?
This one, I captured the audio with a microphone - off my Dolby Digital 5.1 home theater system as it played - and then took into the studio and remastered...

Old May 24th, 2017, 02:04 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
I've been an incurable audiophile since I first heard FM radio on a transistor radio like 50 years ago
For me it was the sheer power of "Downtown" by Petula Clark, in the early 60s from my dad's AM radio, in his Plymouth Fury III.

Back in 2011 I remastered and enhanced that, from a MONOPHONIC 45 RPM vinyl...

http://eipnetworks.com/downtown2011.mp3
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:11 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts

Quote:
This one, I captured the audio with a microphone - off my Dolby Digital 5.1 home theater system as it played - and then took into the studio and remastered...

Karmin - Sleigh Ride | LIVE on GMA - YouTube
Nice. What kind of mic? Senheiser? And if you have a 5.1, we both know the .1 means subwoofer...

Also, many of the best studios use B&W, like Abby Roads in England. They use the B&W 800 Diamonds. Can't say enough good things about B&W.

Old May 24th, 2017, 02:11 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
we both know the .1 means subwoofer...
I should also recognize the difference between audiophiles who are mostly consumers, and those who primarily are creators. It's fair to say the mainly consumer type is the customer, and is as legitimate if not moreso, a audiophile as anyone else. Further, of course my home theater system has a subwoofer - the ".1" in Dolby Digital 5.1! So, I'm not trying to be a snob, there's just different types of audiophiles.

It's a kindred spirit. I still love the old 8 tracks, signal to noise ratio be damned!
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:13 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
What kind of mic?
My main studio mic is a Audio Technica AT 2020. I have about a dozen higher-end mics.
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:14 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts

Quote:
For me it was the sheer power of "Downtown" by Petula Clark, in the early 60s from my dad's AM radio, in his Plymouth Fury III.

Back in 2011 I remastered and enhanced that, from a MONOPHONIC 45 RPM vinyl...

http://eipnetworks.com/downtown2011.mp3
Son of a bitch, that sounds awesome.
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:16 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Son of a bitch, that sounds awesome.
Her voice is just angelic, but with demonic power when she wants to unleash it.

Getting this from a 45 RPM vinyl record that's older than me? Priceless.