free hit counter
OMFG.... Any Audiophiles Here? - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Music Chat about your favorite musicians, albums, share your creations

Old May 24th, 2017, 01:14 AM

Likes Given: 58
Liked 47 in 46 Posts
Josey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enough
Default OMFG.... Any Audiophiles Here?

If so, I have something to relate that just BLEW ME AWAY... I know some subs like Velodyne sell their subs with granite built right onto the bottom them. Well, I recently bought an SVS PB-2000 to replace two aging subs that crapped out on me, and the SVS blows the two away alone in epic fashion... but... although it shook the walls and such, is massively loud if you want iit to be and is powered like a nuclear sub, 1100 watts of digitally controlled A/B amp, I just had the thought, hey, I have this big slab of granite... I use it to sand things flat and square them off... but... it's like almost the exact same size as the new SVS, so why not bring it in and put it under it? Well FUCK... I did... and I am BLOWN THE FUCK AWAY. The difference in sound is like... I don't know what magically happened here but it took ALL the boomy out of the sub, and now it just blends PERFECT with the front L/R speakers. It is INCREDIBLE, UNBELIEVABLE, EPIC. So if there is another audiophile here, which chances are there isn't, hell I don't care anyway, I'm an INCURABLE audiophile and will preach to the choir just for fun, in any case, BUY AN SVS SUB, or whatever, and when you do, PUT IT ON A GRANITE SLAB, or something else similar that is HEAVY and DENSE and WON'T MOVE. You want to eliminate the vibrations that sub makes from getting back to the sub speaker itself, because that tightens it up to the point where, well, you have to hear it to believe it...

Last edited by Josey Wales; May 24th, 2017 at 01:15 AM.
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:17 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,662
Liked 2,903 in 2,353 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Real audiophiles disdain subwoofers.
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:19 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts
Josey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enoughJosey Wales will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
Real audiophiles disdain subwoofers.
Really... that's a new one me...
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:22 AM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
Really... that's a new one me...
You simply cannot use them with turntables in the same room. And they're a ersatz bottom end, not organic in any way. You won't find them in any recording studio, or in any broadcast studio or situation...
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:29 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
You simply cannot use them with turntables in the same room. And they're a ersatz bottom end, not organic in any way. You won't find them in any recording studio, or in any broadcast studio or situation...
True, most are home theater applications, but many, many people have smaller front L/R satellite speakers instead of huge ones in their smaller rooms, and they do use them to take up the bottom end. There are very, VERY nice subs out there. I have Bowers & Wilkins CM10 S1 speakers front L/R, and at $4,000 a pop for the pair they're awesome speakers, but with smaller woofers, they don't have the bottom end, not down to the 17 hertz this SVS will do, so even with 2 channel listening the sub sounds fantastic with the B&Ws.

Last edited by Josey Wales; May 24th, 2017 at 01:30 AM.
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:30 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
but many, many people have smaller front L/R satellite speakers instead of huge ones in their smaller rooms, and they do use them take up the bottom end.
They're not audiophiles. They're dabblers.
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:41 AM

Liked 47 in 46 Posts

Holy cow... now those are WHAT? You downloaded them and remastered them?

They sound fantastic.
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:42 AM
Registered Beer User

Here's some of my work that I haven't uploaded to YT yet. These are mp3 files, safe for all devices. Just click the links to play:

http://eipnetworks.com/tclguitarman.mp3

http://eipnetworks.com/johnny1time.mp3

http://eipnetworks.com/crispycritters2011.mp3
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:43 AM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Holy cow... now those are WHAT? You downloaded them and remastered them?
No downloads.... Those are all from sources such as 33 1/3 RPM vinyl and 45's, and some were from tape. Digitized then decompiled, and completely remastered from the decompile.