free hit counter
Outdoors in TX - Page 2 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Huntin' and Fishin' Fishing, Hunting, Camping, Hiking...

Old August 27th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,662
Liked 2,903 in 2,353 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
Wait till the Austin hordes come your way.
They have no reason to do that, they're not on the coast.
Old August 27th, 2017, 03:21 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 756
Liked 1,808 in 1,603 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

But they have Stetsons!
Old August 27th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
But they have Stetsons!
They do have.... Just like any other drugstore cowboy. But REAL Texans have Resistols.

The Cowboys up here are 50 feet tall too.

Old August 28th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Registered Beer User

From a Houstonian, on farcebook:
Cort McMurray
15 hrs ·

Things non-Houstonians need to understand:

1. The streets and many of the public parks here are designed to flood. We sit just 35 feet above sea level, and most of the city is as flat as a pool table. We average about 50 inches of rain a year. The streets and parks serve as temporary retention ponds, accommodating slow, steady drainage through our bayous.

2. We average about 50 inches of rain a year, but in the last 48 hours, many areas of greater Houston received 25 to 30 inches of rain. That's six to nine month's worth of rain, in two days. The drainage system, which works well in normal conditions, was overwhelmed. Officials are calling this an "800 year flood": that means there was a one in 800 chance of its occurrence. Even with advance notice, there was little means of preparing for this.

3. It is impossible to evacuate a city the size of Houston. Harris County is 1700+ square miles, with a population of 6.5 million people. How do you evacuate 6.5 million people? During the hours leading to Hurricane Rita's landfall, tens of thousands of Houstonians attempted evacuation. The traffic jams lasted for days. One hundred people died. So far, six Houstonians have died in Hurricane Harvey, all of them (as far as I have heard) drowned in their automobiles. For more than a decade, the local mantra has been "shelter in place and hunker down." That's hard, but it's the right approach.

4. Some outsiders are treating this disaster with schadenfreude: Texans helped elect an anti-big government president, and now we're going to need big government help. Houston is the bluest spot in Texas, and voted Clinton in 2016. Suggesting this is karmic payback for backing Trump is as inaccurate (and offensive) as Pat Robertson's suggestion that Hurricane Katrina was God smiting sinners. We really aren't thinking Red or Blue right now. We are taking a royal beating, all of us. Disasters don't care about ideology.

5. You are going to feel this. Gas prices are going to skyrocket. Oil refined products, everything from PVC pipe to dry cleaning fluid, will rise in price. The stock market will take a hit. New Orleans is a fantastic city, but it's not a major economic force. Houston is the center of the nation's energy industry. It's home to dozens of Fortune 500 companies. And 85% of it is under water. It may be this way for weeks. The aftermath of Katrina captured the world's attention. The aftermath of Harvey is going to grab you by the lapels, and shake you 'til you're cross eyed.
Good thing the Oil industry is designed to handle hurricanes and flooding, just like the Houston area itself is, and there will be hardly a bump caused by this, to the economy. The Oil industry is among the best at being flexible and resilient. This ain't their first rodeo.

It's hilarious reading these posts, first they talk about how resilient the Houston area is, then go on and on with a list of laments how the oil industry in the area will be raped and victimized.
Old August 29th, 2017, 12:44 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

He's not only factually wrong, he's totally clueless about how grave the red/blue divide is. Now that I know Houston is Hillary country, I feel glee about the whole thing.
Old August 29th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Registered Beer User

Yeah that guy got really MAD when I replied with what I posted here. Then I let him know we have vast oil reserves the President can release if need be, and this fact alone is what stabilizes the market in times such as this. It's why his dire predictions have never come true for any hurricane in mankind history.
Old August 29th, 2017, 03:48 PM
€COM#1

Peddlers gonna peddle. Saw lots of Houston CCTV footage of looting on Gab, btw. The usual suspects, of course.
Old August 30th, 2017, 09:52 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,292 in 1,921 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Congresscritter Shelia [name change]-[name change] wants 150 Billion for Houston alone to rebuild.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old August 30th, 2017, 01:55 PM
€COM#1

Fine with me. Take it out of the NAACP and LaRaza budgets.