free hit counter
You get what you pay for - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

US Politics Discuss government policies and candidates, and the latest follies of your congresscritter.

Old October 31st, 2017, 09:24 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future
Default You get what you pay for

but the Russians do seem to get a good bang for their buck.

Resistance!

Well played Mr. Putin, well PLAYED.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Post liked by
Old November 1st, 2017, 03:43 AM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,830 in 1,624 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

In all honesty, this is one reason that despite the untold gazillions spent on US battle groups and what is certainly the most commanding military position in history, nobody is actually afraid of the US - if you are a reasonable-class adversary, playing America is just so bloody easy now.
Old November 1st, 2017, 08:27 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Remember the good old days when Democrats mocked Mitt Romney for saying Russia was still our number one enemy? THe only reliable thing in US politics is that the liberals will fill the role of useful idiot to perfection. Oh, and, DEATH TO AMERICA!

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Post liked by
Old November 1st, 2017, 05:13 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,830 in 1,624 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

They were - mostly - right. While no one would be surprised if Russia decided enough is enough with this monumental stupidity that is the "Russian interference" bullshit that's swallowed US public discourse, for quite some time Russia was ambivalent about the US. On one hand, all those neo-liberal US advisers that swooped in after the fall of the Soviet Union and basically devastated what little was left could reasonably be if not an act of war then at least certainly an act of state-sponsored economic terrorism. And the Clinton decided to bomb pretty much the only remaining Russian allies, the Serbs, to suck up to Muzzies in general and Saudi Arabia in particular. And then came the disastrous moves when the Russians cleaned out what was very clearly their designated and official backyard in the Caucasus and the US went all outrage boycott despite the clear and unambiguous Kosovo precedence. On the other, the sheer volume of the US activities on the world stage and the way the US wandered from spectacular failure to spectacular failure - Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya, Syria - made it difficult to decide if the Neocon US deep state had it in for Russia in particular or if it was just a part in the greater pattern of ineptitude, delusion and stupidity fueled by graft and greed. Till last year, I would have thought that Russia came in after a bunch of others in the adversary department - China, Iran, Mexico, the Norks at least, and frankly the vast majority of the Islamic world too. But now... who could blame them if they decided that fuck it, let's show these clowns what real, pointed animosity looks like.

Consider the source here - as a Swede, the very last natural sympathy in the world I have is for Russia. I don't particularly like them. I certainly don't trust them as far as a quadriplegic can spit. Still, fairness requires me to admit that if they are, again, US public enemy #1, that would be entirely the US doing. Or the US Deep State's doing, at any rate, but outsiders don't get the luxury of making distinctions based on that knowledge.