free hit counter
Religion - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Sunday Gota Meetin' Religion and the discussion of right and wrong

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:58 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,830 in 1,624 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadon View Post
Both are personally experienced in a unique way by each individual, so ultimately it is the person who has those experiences that can best sort through them. But "religion" is a tough term to pin down at times...different definitions abound. All I can say for myself is that my religious experiences are not the same thing as my personal emotions - they are quite different.
I felt the universe spoke to me the first time I understood, really, truly understood, the Maxwell equations for electromagnetic radiation. Still, I would probably not be too upset if someone pointed out to me that that feeling of elation is idiosyncratic and not something to build my world view on.

But more to the point: religion, whatever it may be as a personal experience, is also a powerful social power that most certainly needs all the external criticism it can get.