free hit counter
Fear and loathing in DNC/MSM - knockout ed. - Page 2 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Old November 24th, 2013, 09:43 PM

Likes Given: 11
Liked 11 in 9 Posts
Thomas Hamel is on a distinguished roadThomas Hamel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
Whenever people find themselves unable to get redress from the state for criminal violence, and this lack becomes endemic, they do eventually take matters into their own hands.

This is considered bad by the correct thinkers everywhere, but is in fact a great check and balance on the judicial system of the state.
Wow I actually understood that.
Old November 25th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Space Invaders Champion Breakout Champion Bejeweled Blitz  Champion Bejeweled 2 Champion Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion Classic Breakout Champion Medieval Archer Champion Air Blobs Easy Champion Hexed Champion Ancient jewels 2 Champion Bejeweled 3 Champion

Likes Given: 885
Liked 975 in 783 Posts
Vel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud ofVel has much to be proud of

I too think that Allen West is on the right track, but agree with others here that there is much more at play here. There is something that seems to make individual lives less precious to some cultures. I would say much of it hinges on the breakdown of the traditional family, except that when we look around the world, we see many family focused cultures that also hold life cheap. Maybe it is the white Protestant culture that is the aberration.
Old November 25th, 2013, 01:05 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,826 in 1,620 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel View Post
Maybe it is the white Protestant culture that is the aberration.
Might be, although the practical differences between Protestant and Catholic are rather negligible in this respect. The big "other's bodies piling up do not concern us overmuch" is drawn at the Pro/Cath vs. Orthodox borders in Europe. Given that plenty of other cultural stuff sees a huge discontinuity, I'm disinclined to write this on the semi-religious account.

I mean, most of black America is nominally protestant too.