free hit counter
Panama Papers - Page 3 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Economy - Stock Market Discuss economic policy and Wall Street

Old April 9th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Likes Given: 7,697
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
Might still be bombs in there. But I think the public is so blasé and apathetic that it won't much matter whatever is in there. Some "leaders" will take a token time-out. A bunch of NGOs will secure funding.
I am pretty sure the press is sitting on the juicy stuff, for perfect timing to screw with the election.
Old April 10th, 2016, 01:19 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,827 in 1,621 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

I have a hard time seeing any scenario where anything short of selling nukes to Iran - well, considering Jugears, not even that is off the table - would affect the election.
Old April 10th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Registered Beer User
Asteroids Champion 007 Everything or Nothing Champion 9-Ball Champion Bombing By Night Champion Flash Pacman Champion Carmageddon Champion Gotham Punch Champion

Midnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
I have a hard time seeing any scenario where anything short of selling nukes to Iran - well, considering Jugears, not even that is off the table - would affect the election.
For instance - much criminality found in the Clinton's holdings for example, plays right into Bernie's whole tack. He's only maybe 80 short of Hitlery right now in delegate count. The only big advantage she has is in super delegates - but they can change their pledge on a dime, just like we saw in '08. Perfect timing to "break" that story if the press wants Bernie is 2 weeks before the convention.

Cruz's wife - who was right in the middle of the '08 fiscal crisis as a partner at Goldman-Sachs - wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't have some dirty dealings in all of this. Exposing that at just the right time would sink a Cruz candidacy in say, October for example.

There's all kinds of possibilities.

They did this first "expose" in order to let "Panama Papers" into the lexicon, so when they release the real bombshells in this the public is already primed for it.
Old April 10th, 2016, 04:14 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

But that assumes people would give a damn. "Hillary cheated on her taxes? What difference, at this point, does it make?" I mean, she's gotten away with stuff that would have put any normal American behind bars already. Cruz's wife is a known GS pony - we already assume that she's basically a Soros to corruptocrat politico liaison for play-to-pay. Getting some numbers behind that won't scare anybody who didn't find the whole thing unpalatable before away. Certainly not after the nomination.

We already assume these people are all total traitorous crooks. Getting some figures won't affect that materially. And the sad truth is that voters on both sides of the pond have largely resigned themselves to that that is how things are and you gotta vote your handout and forget about it.
Old April 10th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
But that assumes people would give a damn. "Hillary cheated on her taxes? What difference, at this point, does it make?" I mean, she's gotten away with stuff that would have put any normal American behind bars already. Cruz's wife is a known GS pony - we already assume that she's basically a Soros to corruptocrat politico liaison for play-to-pay. Getting some numbers behind that won't scare anybody who didn't find the whole thing unpalatable before away. Certainly not after the nomination.

We already assume these people are all total traitorous crooks. Getting some figures won't affect that materially. And the sad truth is that voters on both sides of the pond have largely resigned themselves to that that is how things are and you gotta vote your handout and forget about it.
We assumed, but so far the ones exposed by the PP have seen outrage. Shit, this is still trending on FB and Twitter two weeks after the fact. That's highly unusual.

It's two totally separate things, assuming something then having actual proof and details. Verification.

I am not saying this WILL have influence, I am saying the press will time releases of info TRYING to have influence.
Old April 10th, 2016, 05:01 PM
€COM#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
It's two totally separate things, assuming something then having actual proof and details. Verification.
Is it? This is a court of public opinion, not one of law. I am very much in the public already does know and doesn't really give a damn, so long as their handouts come regularly corner. So far, Iceland has seen some trouble. Cameron is getting a British tabloid makeover, but seeing as he hasn't actually committed anything illegal, that's probably to his net benefit - more talk about his personal business is less talk about the Brexit.
Quote:
I am not saying this WILL have influence, I am saying the press will time releases of info TRYING to have influence.
That they will. But I think the time when revelations about scandals among politicians and functionaries led to anything except hot air is gone. These days, the welfare cattle needs to feel the whip - bouncing welfare checks, through the roof criminality, in-your-face rape invaders - to actually shake its apathy enough to pull the fricken' lever.

Trending twitter won't shake any Wall Street investments vehicles you know.
Old April 10th, 2016, 08:54 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

They'll find out Trump kept his loose change he found in his couch in an off shore account, thus signaling the death of the universe.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old April 11th, 2016, 11:10 AM
€COM#1

Which will, no doubt, lead to a twitter storm among the eGOPers, the Bernie Bros, and NYT. And probably another percentage point or two to The Donald.
Old April 11th, 2016, 11:17 AM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 153
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

THe more the usual suspects complain about him the more the unaffiliated take another look at him. When you piss off the right people pissed off people pay attention.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old April 11th, 2016, 11:21 AM
€COM#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
When you piss off the right people pissed off people pay attention.
'Tis eloquence, it berns!