free hit counter
The "fiscal cliff." It's the spending, stupid. - Page 2 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Economy - Stock Market Discuss economic policy and Wall Street

Old January 1st, 2013, 12:21 PM
€COM#1

Likes Given: 766
Liked 1,830 in 1,624 Posts
moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

When Russia Today - the Putin propaganda channel - is often the first choice for news about Certain Issues (demography & criminality in Europe), you know the system is running on fumes.
Old January 1st, 2013, 02:33 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Just to re-organize it for the 21st century, like our Media has.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old January 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,699
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
Just to re-organize it for the 21st century, like our Media has.
You are bitterly clinging to Franklins Fourth Estate invention. It's dead and gone now.
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM
TRIBUNUS ANGUSTICLAVIUS

Likes Given: 115
Liked 297 in 258 Posts
American Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to all

The Senate bill is complete and if the house doesn't pass it without amendments (assuming that it can't be passed WITH amendments in the senate with Reid in the cat-bird seat) that the bill will expire at noon on Thursday, and we will totter over the fiscal cliff. Then the house can take it back up as a new bill in the next congress, and one good thing then - at least for appearances - they can claim to have cut taxes instead of rased them - IF the senate takes up and passes and the president signs.

Visit My Album
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:11 PM
TRIBUNUS ANGUSTICLAVIUS

Likes Given: 115
Liked 297 in 258 Posts
American Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to allAmerican Horse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
You are bitterly clinging to Franklins Fourth Estate invention. It's dead and gone now.
A clean sweep for Putin: Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty has moved their head
quarters into Moscow from Prague, the better for Putin to control the content.

A pro-Radio Liberty protester is detained by a Moscow police officer, Oct. 9.

WSJ - Turmoil Over America's Radio Voice in Russia
The mass firing of Radio Liberty journalists prompted a protest by human-rights activists in Moscow..

Visit My Album
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:36 PM
Registered Beer User

Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Horse View Post
The Senate bill is complete and if the house doesn't pass it without amendments (assuming that it can't be passed WITH amendments in the senate with Reid in the cat-bird seat) that the bill will expire at noon on Thursday, and we will totter over the fiscal cliff. Then the house can take it back up as a new bill in the next congress, and one good thing then - at least for appearances - they can claim to have cut taxes instead of rased them - IF the senate takes up and passes and the president signs.
Which, is what I WANT to see!

There's no better way to put to death the lie that the "Bush tax cuts" were only for "the rich." For starters. It will become abundantly clear to all it always was and is, across the board tax relief.

Additionally, I want to see if all the doomsayers, the Chicken Littles, are actually right for once:
  • They predicted disaster if we didn't bail out the banks
  • Predicted disaster if we didn't pass the stimulus
  • Predicted disaster if we didn't bail out GM
  • Predicted disaster if we didn't this, didn't that.
Just once, I want to SEE what happens if we DON'T do something.

Because it can never be proven if they were ever right. I want to see it.

Te "draconian across the board cuts" they like to fear monger aren't really that drastic - they cover the fraud and waste only.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
€COM#1

moomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant futuremoomin has a brilliant future

The last elections prove that the US populace needs to feel the bite of their unbridled love with Big Government. Given that between tax-cutting repubs and entitlement hiking dems more and more stuff has flowed "for free" from Washington, "paid for" with out of control debt and not coming out of the pockets of the population, there has been scant incentive to rein that shit in. After all, if they heap goodies over you and you're not paying.... Time to stop isolating the US voter from the bills for the policies she's supported at the ballot box.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomin View Post
The last elections prove that the US populace needs to feel the bite of their unbridled love with Big Government. Given that between tax-cutting repubs and entitlement hiking dems more and more stuff has flowed "for free" from Washington, "paid for" with out of control debt and not coming out of the pockets of the population, there has been scant incentive to rein that shit in. After all, if they heap goodies over you and you're not paying.... Time to stop isolating the US voter from the bills for the policies she's supported at the ballot box.
Hidden by the media? Record revenues, starting with the first round of "Bush tax cuts." Yes that's right, cutting taxes increased revenues.

Washington isn't starving for revenue, it's afflicted with gluttony and massive overspending, like the title of the thread says. It's the spending.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:47 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Here is the problem in a nutshell.

Quote:
But Obama warned again that he would not negotiate with Republicans over the $16.4 trillion debt limit, which must be raised in the coming weeks. “While I will negotiate over many things,” he said, “I will not have another debate with this Congress over whether they will pay the bills they’ve already racked up.”
"They"? You keep using this word, I do not think it means what you think it does.

Quote:
“I think it’s unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair,” Heloïse said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
€COM#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
Hidden by the media? Record revenues, starting with the first round of "Bush tax cuts." Yes that's right, cutting taxes increased revenues.

Washington isn't starving for revenue, it's afflicted with gluttony and massive overspending, like the title of the thread says. It's the spending.
*shrugs*

I'm not really interested here if the US government gets more or less. That's for the Laffer boffins to debate. I'm interested in seeing the wallet of the average US taxpayer hurt each time Sandra Fluke needs new pills.