free hit counter
The "fiscal cliff." It's the spending, stupid. - Page 6 - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Economy - Stock Market Discuss economic policy and Wall Street

Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,699
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruskkkch View Post
But you have to also note that a lot of the military budget was exempted from the sequestration cuts so it will effect it proportionally differently. Also, those cuts are in addition to already scheduled cuts to the military budget. Did I miss similar cuts elsewhere in the non-military budget? I don't mind equally distributed cuts across the board, or even a budget freeze, but I think sequestration would have given the Democrats not only their tax hikes across the board, not only left in place all the spending and tax increases of Obamacare it would also have let them gut the military like they always wanted to with the added insult that I would bet you dollars to donuts that the "cuts" in other programs would magically disappear with their usual accounting tricks and manipulations.
Which leaves us with the lie of the "Bush" tax cuts being only for the rich, as the only thing left that actually "falling over the cliff" would have proven.

Now? Since the masses won't feel much of a higher tax bite the lie goes on.

Again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Marauder View Post
There's no better way to put to death the lie that the "Bush tax cuts" were only for "the rich." For starters. It will become abundantly clear to all it always was and is, across the board tax relief.

Additionally, I want to see if all the doomsayers, the Chicken Littles, are actually right for once:
  • They predicted disaster if we didn't bail out the banks
  • Predicted disaster if we didn't pass the stimulus
  • Predicted disaster if we didn't bail out GM
  • Predicted disaster if we didn't this, didn't that.
Just once, I want to SEE what happens if we DON'T do something.

Because it can never be proven if they were ever right. I want to see it.

Te "draconian across the board cuts" they like to fear monger aren't really that drastic - they cover the fraud and waste only.
So the fake, manufactured crisis? Worked again.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:48 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

Likes Given: 154
Liked 2,313 in 1,940 Posts
walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

Ahhh, but the masses will "feel" the taxman. The payroll tax holiday is over so all those deductions from people's paychecks will resume. Plus, there will be a SS increase as well if I am not mistaken. Not to mention, Obamacare taxes taking effect. Sure, "Income" tax rates for the 98% will remain the same, just not how much they are paying in taxes.

Frankly I would have been happy if we went off the cliff, let the public really feel how much all their free stuff costs. Except that even then we still wouldn't be paying for all the free stuff. The shit sandwich still needs to be bitten into and it's just waiting, waiting and getting bigger and bigger.

Quote:
I think its unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair, Helose said.
Gentlemen, he said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
Post liked by
Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:02 PM
Registered Beer User

Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ahhh, but the masses will "feel" the taxman. The payroll tax holiday is over so all those deductions from people's paychecks will resume. Plus, there will be a SS increase as well if I am not mistaken. Not to mention, Obamacare taxes taking effect. Sure, "Income" tax rates for the 98% will remain the same, just not how much they are paying in taxes.

Frankly I would have been happy if we went off the cliff, let the public really feel how much all their free stuff costs. Except that even then we still wouldn't be paying for all the free stuff. The shit sandwich still needs to be bitten into and it's just waiting, waiting and getting bigger and bigger.
We agree.

However, the new tax bite isn't anything like what the "cliff" one would have been, and not enough to really wake people up.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

walruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant futurewalruskkkch has a brilliant future

But of course the Tax bite ain't over. In two months we get to see Obama demand even more taxes and a raise in the Debt Ceiling. I would also point out that all the tax increases aren't going to deficit reduction, the Big O has them targeted for more stimulus spending. Can't destroy a 15 trillion dollar economy overnight donchyaknow.

Quote:
I think its unfair. We voted for Hillary Clinton, but it is Trump who won. It is unfair, Helose said.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Registered Beer User

Cloward-Piven my friend. Cloward-Piven. Increments and little bites.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:27 PM
They call me MR. Kitty

My fear is that Obama thinks he invented that.

Quote:
Post liked by
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:33 PM
Registered Beer User

Quote:
My fear is that Obama thinks he invented that.
He merely studied under those professors and embraces the strategy, and is always expanding on it.