free hit counter
♫ ~The Old Timers Of Country Music~ ♫ - Redneck Clubhouse - Of, By and For Rednecks!

Music Chat about your favorite musicians, albums, share your creations

Old July 16th, 2011, 10:17 PM

Likes Given: 1,184
Liked 1,521 in 1,232 Posts
lilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud oflilpogie has much to be proud of
Default ♫ ~The Old Timers Of Country Music~ ♫

I grew up on this music. It was on the jukebox in my dad and mom's bar., 'The Hideout."'They use to have my sister and I "perform" some of these things for the patrons...they always said we were "little stars"...keep in mind, they were usually soused!

2 Likes this
Old July 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Morel Affectionato

Likes Given: 35
Liked 138 in 95 Posts
mudwhistle will become famous soon enoughmudwhistle will become famous soon enoughmudwhistle will become famous soon enough

Old July 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM

Likes Given: 514
Liked 552 in 433 Posts
superpsycho is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpogie View Post
I grew up on this music. It was on the jukebox in my dad and mom's bar., 'The Hideout."'They use to have my sister and I "perform" some of these things for the patrons...they always said we were "little stars"...keep in mind, they were usually soused!
Still listen to the old country tunes. We have an old wire recorder and hand crank 78rpm console that was part of the Victorian living room set we inherited from my parents.
Old July 16th, 2011, 10:31 PM
countrygirl

Likes Given: 769
Liked 305 in 263 Posts
bluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpogie View Post
that was great!!. i grew up to with my parent listening to alll that same music and all the other ones to that was popular at that time. thats why we watch hee haw on sun.NIGHTS MOST THE TIME . looking at the hair and clothes they wore and the style makes you re live that time all over again.
Post liked by
Old July 16th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,699
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

That is a cool story. A few years ago in a Goodwill store of all places, I found a 60s record player console, a big one. Had the AM/FM radio with it, and I had to have it even though the cabinet was rough. Ten bucks bought it. Another 6 bucks got me the right stylus, brand new from radio shack. The kids working there were stunned they had such things in stock.

When I got this heavy bastard unloaded outta the truck and in the house, I opened up the middle part, record storage! Never thought about looking until I got it home. First rattle outta the box was a record I had been thinking bout for years, with a song my mother used to sing. 1957, Bobby Helms "Fraulein."

The record was pristine. Not a scratch or a bit of dust. And I put it on the platter, turned this sucker on, put the stylus on the groove.... and oh, the sound. This machine was in perfect working order! It really brought it all back for me, and it seemed my mom was there with me enjoying this lonely tune.

When my memories wander away over yonder
To the sweetheart that I left behind
In a moment of glory, a face comes before me
The face of my pretty Fraulein.

Fraulein, Fraulein walk down by the river
Pretend your hand's holding mine
By the same stars above you, I swear that I love you
You are my pretty, Fraulein.

And she was....
Old July 16th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Registered Beer User

Likes Given: 7,699
Liked 2,907 in 2,357 Posts
Midnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant futureMidnight_Marauder has a brilliant future

I took this 50s Hank Williams gospel "shout" tune to a whole new level, adding bass fiddle, drums, second fiddle and helping out with backing vocals. I jammed with Hank, Audry and the Drifting Cowboys thanks to digital audio magic. And I bet few have even heard this number. It was fun to do though, and spooky too:

Here's where someone recorded this off a record and posted on YouTube, this is the same source material I had although, I had it on a old reel to reel tape. But the comparison is striking.

Old July 17th, 2011, 01:01 PM

Likes Given: 326
Liked 292 in 225 Posts
Dabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really niceDabs is just really nice

Yep, my parents listened to Hank Williams too...as well as Charlie Rich and Charlie Pride and Charlie Daniels. And goodness yes, Dad watched Hee Haw. Mother's favorite from Charlie Rich was "Behind Closed Doors".
Then they both liked "The Green Green Grass Of Home"....was that by Don Williams??
The console stereo of my Mother's also has an AM/FM radio and it plays great too, I am listening to it now :-)
When I open the lid, it has the scent of my parent's house....silly/crazy as that sounds.
So, Imma gonna keep all these cassettes, there are a few 8 tracks, they look pretty worn tho. And as much as I hated the way Dad treated me, I would give anything to go back about 40 years, and have them both back and listening to these country songs in the back seat of Dad's cadillac~
Old July 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM
countrygirl

Likes Given: 769
Liked 305 in 263 Posts
bluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to allbluebell is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabs View Post
Yep, my parents listened to Hank Williams too...as well as Charlie Rich and Charlie Pride and Charlie Daniels. And goodness yes, Dad watched Hee Haw. Mother's favorite from Charlie Rich was "Behind Closed Doors".
Then they both liked "The Green Green Grass Of Home"....was that by Don Williams??
The console stereo of my Mother's also has an AM/FM radio and it plays great too, I am listening to it now :-)
When I open the lid, it has the scent of my parent's house....silly/crazy as that sounds.
So, Imma gonna keep all these cassettes, there are a few 8 tracks, they look pretty worn tho. And as much as I hated the way Dad treated me, I would give anything to go back about 40 years, and have them both back and listening to these country songs in the back seat of Dad's cadillac~

I AGREE thoses where the good ole days...all this modern day music is all pop country and some sounds good ,most dont.
Old July 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM

Likes Given: 95
Liked 78 in 54 Posts
Shay is on a distinguished road

I detest most modern country music. There are only about a handful of them I can stand, but old country music was awesome.

This song holds a lot of wonderful memories for me. My dad and I used to sing this in the car when it came on the radio on the way to our vacation home in the summertime. This is one of the few good memories I hold of my father. I love this song.

Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy

Old July 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM

Likes Given: 42
Liked 100 in 78 Posts
Samson will become famous soon enoughSamson will become famous soon enoughSamson will become famous soon enough
Default Outlaw Country

Merle Haggard: Okie from Muskogie (gotta love the irony: He wrote it after getting out of jail)
Johnny Cash: Ghost Riders in the Sky (never really in jail)
Waylon Jennings: Mommas Don't let your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys (the worst thing he ever did was give his seat on a plane to Buddy Holly, and tell the doomed man that he hoped the plane crashed....it did!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iYY2...embedded#at=68